• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Nod Off

Yes, a delicious and healthy snack, but can be a little messy to eat.

It's also easy for kids to choke on them because of their size and slick surface, so careful cutting and supervision are needed for younger kids.
The danger of choking is definitely a good point to keep in mind. I think it's worth the effort because bananas are a great portable snack for little ones - they're naturally wrapped and easy to throw into a bag without much preparation. But yes, messy business for sure!

I remember having to dice up bananas into tiny pieces for my little one when he was younger - it was a challenge getting them into his mouth safely, but worth it to know that he's not at risk of choking. How old were your kids when you think they could manage whole bananas? I'd love to hear other parents' experiences with this too!

Yes, a delicious and healthy snack, but can be a little messy to eat.

It's also easy for kids to choke on them because of their size and slick surface, so careful cutting and supervision are needed for younger kids.
Yeah, I agree. It's better to be safe than sorry when it comes to our little ones. We don't want a trip to the ER spoiling the fun. What's your go-to healthy snack for the family?

I'm not too fussy with my snow ice flavours, they're all so tempting on a hot day! But I do have a soft spot for mango snow ice, there's just something about the sweetness of the fruit combined with the icy texture that makes it so refreshing. Or a classic rainbow one is fun too, with all the vibrant colors and layers.

What are your favorites?
I'm all about the chocolate snow ice - rich, creamy and so satisfying on a hot day. The kids also love the colorful rainbow one, it's like a treat to the eyes!

It's a local delicacy here - a real treat you'd find at the seaside! It's like a cross between ice cream and chocolate mousse, very rich but not too sweet. You usually find it tucked away at the back of the freezer so it doesn't melt - it's definitely worth seeking out!

Ooh, that sounds amazing - rich and chocolatey but not too sweet is right up my street! I've not come across it before - is it regional to a particular part of the country? I'll definitely keep an eye out now though, thanks for sharing!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu