• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Navigating school, one challenge & success at a time

Having a stash of your favorite goodies is a lovely pick-me-up! That, or a goodnight's sleep. Nothing like a well-rested mind to prepare you for the challenges ahead.
It's these simple yet effective strategies that make all the difference in keeping up with the challenges of parenting and work. What other tricks do you moms have up your sleeves?

• Love
Reactions: wellness
It's these simple yet effective strategies that make all the difference in keeping up with the challenges of parenting and work. What other tricks do you moms have up your sleeves?
As a parent, I find that creating structured daily routines helps my kids -- and subsequently me! -- stay grounded and makes our lives a little more orderly. Knowing what to expect helps my children stay calm, especially during school days when the routine is most rigid. We also make it a point to have a weekly family meal where we catch up, share our experiences, and bond over good food. It's something I look forward to every week!

As a parent, I find that creating structured daily routines helps my kids -- and subsequently me! -- stay grounded and makes our lives a little more orderly. Knowing what to expect helps my children stay calm, especially during school days when the routine is most rigid. We also make it a point to have a weekly family meal where we catch up, share our experiences, and bond over good food. It's something I look forward to every week!
Routines are the invisible thread keeping everything together. And that weekly family tradition sounds like a wonderful way to stay grounded as a unit.

Routines are the invisible thread keeping everything together. And that weekly family tradition sounds like a wonderful way to stay grounded as a unit.
There's no doubt that routines simplify the complexities of parenting, offering some sense of control amidst the chaos. And it's heartening to see your little ones thrive within the structure you've created. Do you have any other tried-and-tested strategies up your sleeve for keeping the kids calm and engaged, especially during tumultuous times?

• Love
Reactions: cissy
There's no doubt that routines simplify the complexities of parenting, offering some sense of control amidst the chaos. And it's heartening to see your little ones thrive within the structure you've created. Do you have any other tried-and-tested strategies up your sleeve for keeping the kids calm and engaged, especially during tumultuous times?
I indulge my kids, alternately. Yes, I said indulgence - movies, snacks, treats, toys, you name it. As long as it's in moderation, it works like a charm. When things get too wild, I deploy these tactics and everyone wins because the children have their special 'prize', and I get some peace and order restored.

I indulge my kids, alternately. Yes, I said indulgence - movies, snacks, treats, toys, you name it. As long as it's in moderation, it works like a charm. When things get too wild, I deploy these tactics and everyone wins because the children have their special 'prize', and I get some peace and order restored.
That's a clever strategy to keep in mind! Tangible rewards can work wonders.

That's a clever strategy to keep in mind! Tangible rewards can work wonders.
it's amazing how children respond well to a little encouragement and treats! It's like a secret weapon in the parenting arsenal, ha.

it's amazing how children respond well to a little encouragement and treats! It's like a secret weapon in the parenting arsenal, ha.
Yes a little goes a long way! It amazes me how effective it can be.

Yes a little goes a long way! It amazes me how effective it can be.
That is a surprising yet impactful discovery! You never know what works until you try, I guess. Does anyone else have unique strategies to share, which help keep the peace at home?

Reactions: happyfeet
That is a surprising yet impactful discovery! You never know what works until you try, I guess. Does anyone else have unique strategies to share, which help keep the peace at home?
Unique strategies? Not so much, but confirmation that the basics go a long way in managing the little ones' energies sure help! Keeping them engaged with activities suited to their interests and capabilities is another discover-as-you-go Mom Hack™ I've found. Also, getting them involved in household chores (with age-appropriate tasks, of course) has worked well so far. Keeps their enthusiasm up, and they feel important contributing to the family!

Unique strategies? Not so much, but confirmation that the basics go a long way in managing the little ones' energies sure help! Keeping them engaged with activities suited to their interests and capabilities is another discover-as-you-go Mom Hack™ I've found. Also, getting them involved in household chores (with age-appropriate tasks, of course) has worked well so far. Keeps their enthusiasm up, and they feel important contributing to the family!
Yes, keeping everyone occupied with meaningful tasks is a great way to manage energies. My kids love helping out with simple recipes when I cook, and sorting laundry is another chore they enjoy doing surprisingly! These keep them engaged, and it's heartwarming to see them take pride in their little accomplishments.

Yes, keeping everyone occupied with meaningful tasks is a great way to manage energies. My kids love helping out with simple recipes when I cook, and sorting laundry is another chore they enjoy doing surprisingly! These keep them engaged, and it's heartwarming to see them take pride in their little accomplishments.
That's true! Chores can be a fun bonding session too!

Yes chores and family routines can actually be fun!
Not sure about others but doing household chores together can be therapeutic, like preparing dinner together while dancing around the kitchen to silly music. My kids seem to enjoy the goofy atmosphere, and it's a great release of energy after being cooped up indoors.

• Haha
Reactions: nature
Not sure about others but doing household chores together can be therapeutic, like preparing dinner together while dancing around the kitchen to silly music. My kids seem to enjoy the goofy atmosphere, and it's a great release of energy after being cooped up indoors.
Hahaha that sounds like fun! My kids would probably enjoy something like that too, especially if it involves music and dancing!

Hahaha that sounds like fun! My kids would probably enjoy something like that too, especially if it involves music and dancing!
Doesn't hurt to try! You might be surprised by how much they enjoy themselves.

Reactions: queenie
I shall use the opportunity to bond with them and create silly memories!
Goofy family time is the best and definitely important! Those little moments are the ones they'll remember most.

Goofy family time is the best and definitely important! Those little moments are the ones they'll remember most.
That's true; creating fond memories is what it's all about! The little ones will appreciate those fun, spontaneous moments, so it's lovely to hear about everyone's fun strategies!

That's true; creating fond memories is what it's all about! The little ones will appreciate those fun, spontaneous moments, so it's lovely to hear about everyone's fun strategies!
it's the simple things in life that bring the most joy, which I think we often overlook as adults. Kids are wonderful like that, appreciating the small, delightful moments.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu