• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mums, what's your advice?

musical

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What's the best piece of advice you've been given or would give as a mum? I'm expecting my first child soon and would love to hear some wisdom from other mums out there – tips, tricks or just words of encouragement! What helped you most in those early days? Did anyone ever give you that bit of knowledge that made all the difference?
I want to hear all your thoughts and experiences!

You're so right! We want to help our kids but also prepare them for the real world, and grit is such an important skill to have. It's a fine balance as a parent, but letting them navigate and learning from their experiences is a great way to build character and also gives us an opportunity to connect and reflect afterward. Those little moments are perfect for showing them the bigger picture and how resilience pays off!

Reactions: nature
So true, it's definitely a tricky balance but letting them work things out and learning from experience is such great life skill practice! I try to remember this with my three-year-old, even though it's tough because you want to just step in and fix everything for them. But like you said, those moments of connecting afterwards and discussing what happened are so valuable and a great way to show how capable they are, and build their determination too!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu