• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mums, what's your advice?

musical

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What's the best piece of advice you've been given or would give as a mum? I'm expecting my first child soon and would love to hear some wisdom from other mums out there – tips, tricks or just words of encouragement! What helped you most in those early days? Did anyone ever give you that bit of knowledge that made all the difference?
I want to hear all your thoughts and experiences!

Absolutely! We can all learn from each other's experiences and insights, especially when it comes to motherhood; it's a constant journey of learning and adapting!
It's true, we are all in this never-ending learning curve called motherhood and sharing our experiences could help one another. I agree, it's nice to hear different perspectives and solutions on situations that other mums have tried and tested! It is reassuring to know we are not alone in dealing with many challenges!

I couldn't have said it better myself. Each season of motherhoood brings new challenges and triumphs and we all have unique perspectives and experiences to contribute. What's your go-to strategy for keeping yourself sanity amidst the craziness of being a mom?
I'd say it's about knowing when to step away and seeking help when needed. Being a mom can be all-encompassing, but I find that maintaining some 'me time' and an identity outside of being a mother helps me stay sane. Having a supportive network of moms, family, or even an understanding neighbour to watch the little ones occasionally allows for some much-needed breaks. You never realize how helpful a hot shower or a short stroll alone can be until you're a mom!

It's also helped me to join online communities where I can seek advice from other parents, especially those who have been through similar situations. It's great to know what worked (and didn't work) for others and to learn from their experiences.

It's true, we are all in this never-ending learning curve called motherhood and sharing our experiences could help one another. I agree, it's nice to hear different perspectives and solutions on situations that other mums have tried and tested! It is reassuring to know we are not alone in dealing with many challenges!
I couldn't have said it better myself! I'm always relieved to hear about other moms' experiences; it's nice to know that we're all going through similar situations, isn't it? It's a real confidence booster when we discover that we're not alone in facing these challenges and that our kids aren't the only ones exhibiting certain behaviors!

• Haha
Reactions: cissy
True, it's encouraging to know that others have gone through similar situations and emerged victorious. We can learn a lot from each other's successes and failures. Each of our experiences contribute valuable insights into this vast repertoire of motherhood!

Absolutely! It's always nice to know that we're not the only ones facing certain issues, and hearing other mums' strategies can give us new ideas to try. Sometimes, it's the simplest tips that can make a world of difference! Sharing our experiences can also help us feel more confident in our parenting choices, especially when we realize that we're not alone in making those decisions.

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
I'd say it's about knowing when to step away and seeking help when needed. Being a mom can be all-encompassing, but I find that maintaining some 'me time' and an identity outside of being a mother helps me stay sane. Having a supportive network of moms, family, or even an understanding neighbour to watch the little ones occasionally allows for some much-needed breaks. You never realize how helpful a hot shower or a short stroll alone can be until you're a mom!

It's also helped me to join online communities where I can seek advice from other parents, especially those who have been through similar situations. It's great to know what worked (and didn't work) for others and to learn from their experiences.
Agree, it's so important to discover what works best for you and to not be afraid or ashamed to ask for help, whether it's a small favor or more.

• Haha
Reactions: luciana
I couldn't have said it better myself! I'm always relieved to hear about other moms' experiences; it's nice to know that we're all going through similar situations, isn't it? It's a real confidence booster when we discover that we're not alone in facing these challenges and that our kids aren't the only ones exhibiting certain behaviors!
It's reassuring to know that we're all in the same boat. Helps to keep things in perspective and realize that what seemed like a unique problem is actually pretty common.

True, it's a relief to know that our kids' behaviours are normal and we're not the only ones struggling. It's a reminder that we're all in this together.

You're definitely not alone! Most of us have been there at some point, and it's so true - it's a comfort to know we're all going through similar struggles and that our little ones' behaviour is all perfectly normal!

It's nice to have these forums to reassure us mums that we aren't alone in facing challenges - parenting can be tough and it's comforting to know others are going through the same journey! We're all doing our best, and it helps to remember this too shall pass. It's also so wonderful when we can laugh about some of the challenges - a good sense of humour definitely gets us through!

You're so right - it's comforting to know we're all in the same boat and doing our best! And laughing about the challenges really does help, otherwise I think I'd go crazy some days! It's great to have this support and also to be able to offer reassurance and ideas to other mums too. We've got this!

• Love
Reactions: luciana
Absolutely! This forum is such a great idea because we often think we're alone in our struggles, but really everyone is experiencing some version of the same challenges and it's nice to know they are totally normal. And yes - laughter truly is the best medicine! If I didn't laugh about some of the crazy things that happen, I'd probably cry!! We definitely got this!

Reactions: wisdom
Laughter truly is the best way to keep sanity! It helps me keep a positive mindset and perspective of all the crazy things motherhood throws at you - which makes them seem not so daunting anymore. It's great to know others are experiencing similar things, it's a real confidence booster!

Laughter truly is the best way to keep sanity! It helps me keep a positive mindset and perspective of all the crazy things motherhood throws at you - which makes them seem not so daunting anymore. It's great to know others are experiencing similar things, it's a real confidence booster!
Totally! Finding humor in the struggles of motherhood can be a real sanity saver. It's a reminder that we're not alone and our experiences are universal.

• Love
Reactions: koala
Totally! Finding humor in the struggles of motherhood can be a real sanity saver. It's a reminder that we're not alone and our experiences are universal.
I could not have said it better myself! We should laugh at ourselves more often; it's a great coping mechanism and a reminder that we're all in this together.

Couldn't agree more! We often get so worked up over spilled milk and laughter really is the best medicine - not only does it help release some much-needed endorphins but it also shifts the focus from ourselves as 'always having to be in control' and instead reminded us that we're all human! We make mistakes, we drop things, and sometimes we just need to laugh it off and remember that this too shall pass.

Reactions: sunflower
Couldn't agree more! We often get so worked up over spilled milk and laughter really is the best medicine - not only does it help release some much-needed endorphins but it also shifts the focus from ourselves as 'always having to be in control' and instead reminded us that we're all human! We make mistakes, we drop things, and sometimes we just need to laugh it off and remember that this too shall pass.
Some people could do with lightening up and not take every little thing so seriously! There's no harm done when things like these happen, and it's a great opportunity to teach our children too that it's okay to make mistakes.

• Haha
Reactions: nature and cissy
Laughter really does help to put things into perspective and vent out some stress! As mums, we certainly need reminders like these, to not take things so seriously sometimes and just enjoy the little funny moments life brings.

Some people could do with lightening up and not take every little thing so seriously! There's no harm done when things like these happen, and it's a great opportunity to teach our children too that it's okay to make mistakes.
True, we shouldn't sweat the small stuff! It's a great opportunity to teach kids resilience and that mistakes are part of learning and personal growth. We can turn these moments into teaching moments and also have a good laugh together. What other mums think on this?

Reactions: cissy
True, we shouldn't sweat the small stuff! It's a great opportunity to teach kids resilience and that mistakes are part of learning and personal growth. We can turn these moments into teaching moments and also have a good laugh together. What other mums think on this?
I second that. Teaching them young about grit and determination goes a long way! We don't want to shield our kids from all obstacles and failures; otherwise, they won't learn how to pick themselves up and carry on. It's a fine line we tread as parents, offering a helping hand vs. letting them figure it out, but it's so important for their personal development to let them try, fail, and succeed on their own terms. We can have a chuckle together afterward and dust off the mistakes!

As long as everyone is safe and sound, these little incidents are great character-building moments.

• Haha
Reactions: lioness

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu