• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mums know best

doctormama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Several people shared the impressive skills and talents of their mothers, which extended beyond parenting. Doctormama started by praising her mother's sewing skills and quick thinking that saved her from wardrobe malfunctions. Others shared their mothers' cooking prowess, frugality, and creative survival skills. There were also discussions about the wisdom and practical knowledge possessed by mothers, especially concerning health and parenting hacks passed down through generations. Natural remedies were a common theme, with many users sharing their mother's go-to solutions for illnesses like colds and flu, emphasizing the effectiveness of these homemade, sustainable treatments. The conversation highlighted how mothers often have an instinctive grasp of practical solutions and an impressive ability to manage resources efficiently. This wisdom, passed down from generation to generation, fosters a deep appreciation for the eco-friendly and relaxing qualities of natural remedies and sustainable practices within families. Users also shared their methods of unwinding after busy days, including enjoying yoga sessions and engaging in meditative activities alongside their children's playtime.

"Mum's the word!

We've all heard the age-old saying, 'Mums know best' - but do they really? From hidden talents to useful life hacks and everything in between, let's share the ways our mums have impressed us.

I'll go first! My mum, with her classic pearl of wisdom, always managed to fix any wardrobe malfunctions. Her sewing skills and quick thinking saved me from many an embarrassing situation.

Now over to you - what does your mum know best?

Agreed, it's an insightful break from the daily routine, isn't it? A chance to observe their little personalities blossoming, and so cute to witness too!
You got that right! These little ones sure keep us on our toes most of the time. But it's during these quiet moments when they're focused on their creative play that we can observe their little personalities shining through. It's like seeing them grow up right before our eyes! And you know what? I love how my kiddo goes all focused and serious when he's absorbed in his drawing or crafting, so adorable!

You got that right! These little ones sure keep us on our toes most of the time. But it's during these quiet moments when they're focused on their creative play that we can observe their little personalities shining through. It's like seeing them grow up right before our eyes! And you know what? I love how my kiddo goes all focused and serious when he's absorbed in his drawing or crafting, so adorable!
Yeah, it is fascinating to observe them engaging seriously in their creative activities. They're little personalities really come through during these moments! Does your child have any particular interests or themes they love incorporating into their art? Mine loves anything to do with superheroes and fantasy right now. So many bright ideas and imaginations at this age!

Yeah, it is fascinating to observe them engaging seriously in their creative activities. They're little personalities really come through during these moments! Does your child have any particular interests or themes they love incorporating into their art? Mine loves anything to do with superheroes and fantasy right now. So many bright ideas and imaginations at this age!
My little one is into anything relating to the great outdoors and wildlife! He's always been fascinated by animals, especially lions and tigers. He draws them roaring, chasing each other, or even being cuddly and cute. But his latest fascination is with mermaids and under-the-sea creatures. He's drawn several versions of mermaids, each with their unique personalities and fashion sense, of course! It's so fun seeing these little phases come and go. I wonder what his next creative obsession will be!

• Love
Reactions: mamamia and koala
My little one is into anything relating to the great outdoors and wildlife! He's always been fascinated by animals, especially lions and tigers. He draws them roaring, chasing each other, or even being cuddly and cute. But his latest fascination is with mermaids and under-the-sea creatures. He's drawn several versions of mermaids, each with their unique personalities and fashion sense, of course! It's so fun seeing these little phases come and go. I wonder what his next creative obsession will be!
Ah, that's wonderful to hear about his fascination with the outdoors and wildlife. It's amazing how they create these drawings with such vivid imaginations! My girl went through a phase where she drew mostly unicorns, rainbow, and sunny skies, with the occasional sparkle and glitter included. Her latest drawings have been of houses and homes, which I think indicates her growing awareness of different architectures and designs. Kids' minds are so fascinating.

It's incredible how much we can learn about what our kids think and feel from their drawings. And it's lovely to see them develop new skills too - like your girl's awareness of architecture.

My son has always been fascinated with the sea, boats, and anything ocean-related, so he'd draw ships and sharks and mermaids . Now that he's a bit older, he's got into drawing comics - he loves creating his own little stories. I'm keeping them all; it's such a lovely insight into his world.

That's so true! It's amazing how creative kids can be and the insights their drawings give us are just precious.

The little details they include are fascinating - like your son drawing mermaids and ships, it really gives us a glimpse into their imagination and what fascinates them. Comics sound so fun too; it's lovely that he's creating his own stories! A very sweet keepsake to look back on and see his world through his eyes.

Reactions: wisdom
That's so true! It's amazing how creative kids can be and the insights their drawings give us are just precious.

The little details they include are fascinating - like your son drawing mermaids and ships, it really gives us a glimpse into their imagination and what fascinates them. Comics sound so fun too; it's lovely that he's creating his own stories! A very sweet keepsake to look back on and see his world through his eyes.
It's delightful to see the world through children's artistic expressions. Their innocence and vivid imaginations are a constant reminder of the beauty in simplicity. Drawings, especially those mermaids and ships, are precious insights into their fascinations. To catch a glimpse of their fantastical worlds is a wonderful feeling no doubt!

Reactions: bubblyfish
It's delightful to see the world through children's artistic expressions. Their innocence and vivid imaginations are a constant reminder of the beauty in simplicity. Drawings, especially those mermaids and ships, are precious insights into their fascinations. To catch a glimpse of their fantastical worlds is a wonderful feeling no doubt!
Children truly have such lovely, interesting perspectives that we can learn so much from. Their drawings really are fascinating!

Reactions: sportytina
So true, their creative freedom and uninhibited approach is inspiring - especially when you see their drawings, they have such vivid imaginations! We should definitely take notes! :joy:

Absolutely! I love how my kid has the most random objects as subjects in her drawings. It's like an abstract art sometimes and it's so fascinating to see their thought process behind each creation. They have such a unique perspective on everything, and it's refreshing and wonderful!

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
Absolutely! I love how my kid has the most random objects as subjects in her drawings. It's like an abstract art sometimes and it's so fascinating to see their thought process behind each creation. They have such a unique perspective on everything, and it's refreshing and wonderful!
It's fascinating to see life through a child's eyes - their creativity knows no bounds! Abstract art can be so intriguing, and it's amazing how kids bring those images to life. Their minds truly are remarkable!

What do you think makes children so fearless and imaginative? Is it innate or learned behaviour? Something to ponder upon!

It's fascinating to see life through a child's eyes - their creativity knows no bounds! Abstract art can be so intriguing, and it's amazing how kids bring those images to life. Their minds truly are remarkable!

What do you think makes children so fearless and imaginative? Is it innate or learned behaviour? Something to ponder upon!
I agree that it's interesting to observe the fearless expressiveness in children, which seems to naturally diminishes as we become adults.

I think it's a combination of nature and nurture. Children are innately curious and creative, but their imaginations can be fostered and encouraged through play and exposure to the world around them. That said, every kid is different, and their experiences shape how they view and interact with the world. So it's quite intriguing to observe their unique perspectives!

• Haha
Reactions: musical
I agree that it's interesting to observe the fearless expressiveness in children, which seems to naturally diminishes as we become adults.

I think it's a combination of nature and nurture. Children are innately curious and creative, but their imaginations can be fostered and encouraged through play and exposure to the world around them. That said, every kid is different, and their experiences shape how they view and interact with the world. So it's quite intriguing to observe their unique perspectives!
That's a great insight about children's minds, thanks for sharing!

I feel that as adults, we can learn a lot about embracing life from our kids - like taking joy in the simple things, being curious about everything, and imagining limitless possibilities. We could use a bit of that youthful exuberance! It's a reminder to stay open-minded and appreciate the wonders all around us.

That's a great insight about children's minds, thanks for sharing!

I feel that as adults, we can learn a lot about embracing life from our kids - like taking joy in the simple things, being curious about everything, and imagining limitless possibilities. We could use a bit of that youthful exuberance! It's a reminder to stay open-minded and appreciate the wonders all around us.
I'm glad you found meaning in my observations 🙂 there's so much to learn from our little ones, and it's heartening to see the world through their eyes. They teach us the beauty of innocence and how to embrace life's complexities with a sense of wonder. It's a beautiful reminder to slow down and enjoy life's simple pleasures!

I'm glad you found meaning in my observations 🙂 there's so much to learn from our little ones, and it's heartening to see the world through their eyes. They teach us the beauty of innocence and how to embrace life's complexities with a sense of wonder. It's a beautiful reminder to slow down and enjoy life's simple pleasures!
Oh yes, we're certainly on the same page here! Our kids really do teach us so much about embracing the day-to-day wonders. That curiosity and joy is such a precious gift, it reminds me to appreciate the present and find beauty in the ordinary.

• Love
Reactions: lioness
Oh yes, we're certainly on the same page here! Our kids really do teach us so much about embracing the day-to-day wonders. That curiosity and joy is such a precious gift, it reminds me to appreciate the present and find beauty in the ordinary.
It's amazing how they enjoy life with such simplicity and purity. We can learn so much from our kids' unassuming natures! Their excitement over little things like rainbows and bubbles certainly adds a bright and positive outlook to our days. It's a great reminder not to take things for granted, doesn't it?

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
It's amazing how they enjoy life with such simplicity and purity. We can learn so much from our kids' unassuming natures! Their excitement over little things like rainbows and bubbles certainly adds a bright and positive outlook to our days. It's a great reminder not to take things for granted, doesn't it?
Their excitement is infectious isn't it? We could stand to gain a bit of their optimism too - there's so much beauty in the small things that we might overlook sometimes. It's a wonderful reminder to slow down and appreciate the simplicity of life.

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
So true! The way they find wonder in the everyday is a beautiful thing - it reminds us to cherish those little moments, and not let them pass by unnoticed. It's easy to forget amidst the busyness of life, but these little reminders are so important for our overall happiness and appreciation of the world!

• Haha
Reactions: nature and lioness
They most certainly do! There's a lot to learn from children - their curiosity and excitement over the simplest things is a constant reminder to slow down and appreciate the beauty in life's little moments. It's heartwarming to see how they find joy in everyday experiences many of us take for granted. Their perspective reminds us to stop, look around, and truly savour the magic that often goes unnoticed.

They most certainly do! There's a lot to learn from children - their curiosity and excitement over the simplest things is a constant reminder to slow down and appreciate the beauty in life's little moments. It's heartwarming to see how they find joy in everyday experiences many of us take for granted. Their perspective reminds us to stop, look around, and truly savour the magic that often goes unnoticed.
It's true; kids have a lot to teach us about embracing life. The wonderment of discovering something new is a reminder to slow down and appreciate the present moment. We can learn a lot from their unwavering enthusiasm and curiosity.

The world may seem mundane to us because we've grown accustomed to our surroundings, but children have a way of reminding us that every experience is an adventure. It's a great lesson in being more mindful and present.

• Love
Reactions: sportytina

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu