• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mum's Home & Lifestyle

So true! Kids thrive when they understand what's expected of them and are given clear boundaries. Having designated spaces for toys and everyday items helps them learn organization and instils pride in keeping their space tidy too. It becomes a win-win situation where the whole family reaps the benefits of less chaos and more calm!
It's wonderful how a bit of intentional organizing can bring some order to the daily routine, creating teachable moments with the children and some peace of mind for parents! The consistency helps everyone.

• Haha
Reactions: techsavvy
Consistency is key when it comes to maintaining order amidst the chaos that can often ensue in family life. Well done on finding what works for you and creating some calm amidst the storm!

Creating systems and routines that work for your family is such a great way to keep the chaos at bay! It's an ever-evolving process, but well worth the effort to find that calm.

Systems are key! I find having a central command centre/hub really helps - a place for all the random bits of info that can otherwise get lost. I use a large blackboard and write everything down, from to-do lists to meal plans and everyone's schedules. That way everyone knows what's happening and it helps things run smoothly. It also means I can delegate jobs and keep track of who does what!

Reactions: chickadee
Systems are key! I find having a central command centre/hub really helps - a place for all the random bits of info that can otherwise get lost. I use a large blackboard and write everything down, from to-do lists to meal plans and everyone's schedules. That way everyone knows what's happening and it helps things run smoothly. It also means I can delegate jobs and keep track of who does what!
Having a physical command centre is a fantastic idea! A visual overview like a blackboard makes everything more manageable and ensures that important details don't slip through the cracks. It's a great way to keep everyone on the same page and divide responsibilities equally.

That's right! A blackboard set up as a command centre is such a handy visual tool for busy households. It ensures that important dates, events and to dos aren't missed and everyone can see what needs doing at a glance. We can also use it to keep track of other things like menu planning, household chores, and even little inspirational quotes to brighten the day!

A blackboard is a fabulous idea! We could even extend the concept and have different sections dedicated to each of the various uses - one for menu planning, one for household chores, another for upcoming events etc., all clearly delineated with headings. That way the important info is easily found and it also becomes a fun, decorative feature in the house!

A blackboard is a fabulous idea! We could even extend the concept and have different sections dedicated to each of the various uses - one for menu planning, one for household chores, another for upcoming events etc., all clearly delineated with headings. That way the important info is easily found and it also becomes a fun, decorative feature in the house!
That's right! Different sections for each category of information make the board easy to navigate. At a glance, every family member can find what's relevant to them. It's like having a giant, customizable dashboard for your home! The visual appeal makes it more fun and encourages everyone to keep things organized too.

That sounds incredibly useful - a one-stop shop for all things household related. I could see specific sections dedicated to cleaning tips, parenting advice (depending on the age groups of kids), meal planning and family events all being popular tabs. And having them visually appealing makes it so much more engaging. Organization made fun!

I agree - having everything household-related in one place, neatly organised and visually appealing would be amazing. It's like creating a total mom resource centre! There could even be sections for DIY crafts and recipes which would be fun. And maybe even a troubleshooting section for common household issues like clogged drains or getting rid of stains.

• Love
Reactions: koala
That's an awesome vision! I love the idea of having a central hub for all things home and lifestyle. It would be every mom's ultimate go-to resource.
The sections you mentioned are spot on, especially the DIY crafts and troubleshooting segments. They would be such helpful additions, catering to different needs and interests. We could even have subcategories within these sections for various themes or seasons, providing fresh ideas and solutions year-round!

• Haha
Reactions: musical
That's an awesome vision! I love the idea of having a central hub for all things home and lifestyle. It would be every mom's ultimate go-to resource.
The sections you mentioned are spot on, especially the DIY crafts and troubleshooting segments. They would be such helpful additions, catering to different needs and interests. We could even have subcategories within these sections for various themes or seasons, providing fresh ideas and solutions year-round!
It's incredible how much effort we put into keeping our household organized Having all these resources would make us prepared for anything, or at least give us some great ideas on where to start. I'm thinking that having printable or downloadable PDFs of the tips could be a cool addition too. What other possible sections would you add to such a mom resource hub?

It's incredible how much effort we put into keeping our household organized Having all these resources would make us prepared for anything, or at least give us some great ideas on where to start. I'm thinking that having printable or downloadable PDFs of the tips could be a cool addition too. What other possible sections would you add to such a mom resource hub?
Printable PDFs is a wonderful idea! It makes the resources easily accessible and shareable. Hmm, additional sections could include a health and wellness corner, focusing on remedies, nutritional advice, and simple workouts. Also, a dedicated space for holiday planning and travel tips would be useful, especially with different lists and itineraries for various destinations.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu