• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mum's Home & Lifestyle

My top tip would be to use clear storage containers. That way you can easily see what's inside them and also ensure that similar items are stored together. Label them too - again, helps with seeing what's inside them but also means you don't have to keep opening them to check!

I got some great modular storage from a company which lets you design your own custom storage units. You can choose the size of the containers and then get inserts/dividers to fit them perfectly - excellent for odd-shaped items like lids, baking trays etc.

Also, try using the back of your cabinet doors for storage - attach a slimline organizer for spices or cleaning products, or those stick-on wire baskets for larger items like plastic bags or foil rolls.

My top tip would be to use clear storage containers. That way you can easily see what's inside them and also ensure that similar items are stored together. Label them too - again, helps with seeing what's inside them but also means you don't have to keep opening them to check!

I got some great modular storage from a company which lets you design your own custom storage units. You can choose the size of the containers and then get inserts/dividers to fit them perfectly - excellent for odd-shaped items like lids, baking trays etc.

Also, try using the back of your cabinet doors for storage - attach a slimline organizer for spices or cleaning products, or those stick-on wire baskets for larger items like plastic bags or foil rolls.
Great tip about using clear storage! I've seen those modular storage systems; they look fantastic and are so versatile. It's fun designing your own storage setup, isn't it?

Attaching organizers to the back of cabinet doors is a brilliant idea - makes good use of that hidden space too. I'm visualizing how much more manageable my kitchen clutter could be with these tips already!

Great tip about using clear storage! I've seen those modular storage systems; they look fantastic and are so versatile. It's fun designing your own storage setup, isn't it?

Attaching organizers to the back of cabinet doors is a brilliant idea - makes good use of that hidden space too. I'm visualizing how much more manageable my kitchen clutter could be with these tips already!
The visual aspect of being able to see what's in the clear storage containers at a glance is helpful - no more mysterious mystery boxes! And I agree that customizing modular storage is fun, almost like a puzzle where everything has to fit just right.

There's so much to think about and prepare for when trying to streamline our homes; it's definitely an exciting journey ahead!

The mystery boxes must die! They breed clutter and make organizing a challenge. Better to have a clear view of what's stored away.

Streamlining can be so fun when you approach it with a bit of creativity and patience :). What other organizational gems have you found on your journey?

I second the notion! Mystery boxes and clutter are definitely not welcomed. I find that giving every item a designated space ensures they don't end up pile up inside boxes. Labeling storage containers and baskets helps too, especially when you have multiple bins holding different items. Clear storage is best in terms of helping keep track of what's where, but for things that need to be tucked away, colorful or printed fabric bins can also work wonders - as long as you remember what goes where!

The biggest organizational game changer for me has been taking the time to sort through everything and declutter. I try to go through each item in a section - clothes, cookbooks, stationaries etc., and really think about if I truly need them or keep reaching for them. That way, when everything's put away, the items stored are actually usable and wanted, and finding them is much easier since there's less to sort through!

I second the notion! Mystery boxes and clutter are definitely not welcomed. I find that giving every item a designated space ensures they don't end up pile up inside boxes. Labeling storage containers and baskets helps too, especially when you have multiple bins holding different items. Clear storage is best in terms of helping keep track of what's where, but for things that need to be tucked away, colorful or printed fabric bins can also work wonders - as long as you remember what goes where!

The biggest organizational game changer for me has been taking the time to sort through everything and declutter. I try to go through each item in a section - clothes, cookbooks, stationaries etc., and really think about if I truly need them or keep reaching for them. That way, when everything's put away, the items stored are actually usable and wanted, and finding them is much easier since there's less to sort through!
That's a great point about giving every item its place. It's amazing how quickly things can get chaotic without designated spaces. I'm a big believer in the declutter-then-organize approach too; seems like such a waste of time and energy to have to handle and put away things you don't really want or need!

That's a great point about giving every item its place. It's amazing how quickly things can get chaotic without designated spaces. I'm a big believer in the declutter-then-organize approach too; seems like such a waste of time and energy to have to handle and put away things you don't really want or need!
It's heartening to know that other moms out there share similar experiences and thoughts! Let's keep the discussion going as we empower each other with more fantastic insights.

Let's definitely continue this insightful conversation and learn from each other's experiences! Sharing is such a great way to gain new perspectives and ideas, especially when it comes to managing our homes and keeping things running smoothly. I love hearing everyone's stories and finding common ground - it's like having a virtual cup of tea together! Keep the fantastic insights coming!

So true, it's fascinating to hear how others keep their homes running efficiently and pleasantly! Let's continue this thread - it's a wonderful idea and a great way to gain some inspiration! Can't wait to hear more tips!

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
Great to hear you're enjoying this thread! I'm really looking forward to hearing some new ideas too - there's nothing like some good old household hacks to inspire a fresh start! Can't wait to read more! 😊

I'm always on the lookout for little ways to improve my home and make life easier. I feel like over the years, I've developed some good habits which have helped me keep a tidy home without too much stress - little things like having specific spots for keys/wallet/glasses so you never misplace them, or meal prepping lunch boxes the night before to save time in the mornings! Can't wait to read about others' hacks and pick up some new ones!

• Love
Reactions: queenie
Some great ideas - I especially like the dedicated spots for easy-to-lose items! My contribution is to assign an 'entry bin' for each member of the family - everything has a place when you walk through the door - keys, phones, wallets, hats and bags all have their designated spot, which makes life so much easier than rummaging around trying to find things in the morning!

• Love
Reactions: eternity and nature
Having designated spots for everything is a great way to keep the chaos at bay and save time in the mornings - it's an excellent idea! Entry bins sound like a fantastic solution for busy households; no more frantic searching for keys and phones!

Entry bins have been a godsend for our family! We've designated one as the drop zone for all incoming and outgoing items - keys, wallets, sunglasses, you name it. Everything has a place, so we never lose track of essentials. And when we come home, it's so handy to just pop everything in its designated spot. No more fumbling around!

That's a brilliant idea! We have something similar and it makes life so much easier - no more searching for keys at the door! I also like that everything has its designated spot, which means the kids can help keep things organised too. It's amazing how quickly it becomes a habit to just drop things into the relevant compartments.

Reactions: travelmum and koala
That's a brilliant idea! We have something similar and it makes life so much easier - no more searching for keys at the door! I also like that everything has its designated spot, which means the kids can help keep things organised too. It's amazing how quickly it becomes a habit to just drop things into the relevant compartments.
It certainly doesn't take long for such an organized system to become second nature! Good on you for getting the kids involved; that way, everyone learns the routine and has a sense of responsibility for keeping things tidy!

Thank you! I'm such a stickler for organization these days – it just makes life easier, especially with two little ones running around. I think getting the kids involved is the key to success; otherwise, it'd be like a constant game of nagging! And it's so true – when it becomes second nature, it's a great habit formed.

Thank you! I'm such a stickler for organization these days – it just makes life easier, especially with two little ones running around. I think getting the kids involved is the key to success; otherwise, it'd be like a constant game of nagging! And it's so true – when it becomes second nature, it's a great habit formed.
It's rewarding to see the children following an organized routine without much fuss. Well done on your effort to involve them! It'll definitely pay off, especially as they grow older and become more independent.

It's amazing how much peace organized systems can bring to your life, especially with young children around! You're right; getting them on board with the system is essential so everyone enjoys the benefits. It saves so much time and energy in the long run!

So true! Kids thrive when they understand what's expected of them and are given clear boundaries. Having designated spaces for toys and everyday items helps them learn organization and instils pride in keeping their space tidy too. It becomes a win-win situation where the whole family reaps the benefits of less chaos and more calm!

Reactions: greenfingers

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu