• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mum's Home & Lifestyle

greenfingers

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This section is dedicated to all things related to being a mum, with a focus on making our homes an enjoyable place and lifestyle.

Let's share tips, ideas, inspiration, and advice for creating a happy and organized home. From decorating and cleaning hacks to organizing routines and meal prep, let's make this space our go-to resource for all things home-related!

Feel free to share your favorite recipes, DIY projects, or even just an image of your cozy reading nook - anything that adds value to our little virtual "home" is welcome here!

I'll start us off with an organizational hack that's been a lifesaver for me:

Use clear storage containers! I got some inexpensive ones from the dollar store, and they're stackable, so they don't take up much space. I use them for literally everything - toys, crafts, smaller pots of makeup, even pantry goods. Because they're see-through, it's easy to find what you need without rummaging through every box. Plus, they make finding the random Lego bricks a breeze!

What's everyone else's favorite organizational trick?

Great idea! I love using clear storage too - it makes everything so much easier to find and looks nice as well. I've been using these vacuum seal bags which are space saving and good for storing out of season clothes, bedding, towels etc. They really cut down on clutter! Would definitely recommend investing in some if you're tight on space.

Those sound like a great idea - especially for saving space which is at a premium these days! I'm forever battling clutter so will give them a go, thanks!

They most certainly will - I've got baskets and bins stacked everywhere, filled with everything from craft supplies to cleaning supplies - life savers!

Reactions: cissy
They most certainly will - I've got baskets and bins stacked everywhere, filled with everything from craft supplies to cleaning supplies - life savers!
It's amazing how something as simple as clear storage containers can make a home more organized and clutter-free. It's like they're a magnet for all the random things lying around!

Having a well-organized home definitely makes life easier and more enjoyable. It's hard work maintaining it that way, but hacks like these make all the difference.

It's amazing how something so simple can make such a big difference, right? I feel like half the battle is just finding a good system that works for you. Once you're in a good routine, it becomes second nature.

Having a well-organized home definitely makes life easier and more enjoyable. It's hard work maintaining it that way, but hacks like these make all the difference.
It certainly does! And it's the little things like this that can make such a big difference in convenience - it's quite surprising! It's also fun discovering these little gems along the way as part of our never-ending organizing journey.

It certainly does! And it's the little things like this that can make such a big difference in convenience - it's quite surprising! It's also fun discovering these little gems along the way as part of our never-ending organizing journey.
The joy of discovering these life-changing, simple hacks is fun and definitely worth sharing! (In fact, I may just go shopping for some storage containers later.)

The joy of discovering these life-changing, simple hacks is fun and definitely worth sharing! (In fact, I may just go shopping for some storage containers later.)
You're right; it's like discovering hidden treasure, LOL! And you never know, they might just inspire us to do a major decluttering session - which we probably all need every now and then!

Reactions: travelmum
Go for it - enjoy your little retail therapy session for the home! It's always nice treating yourself to something that can help keep your home in order.

Shopping for these storage containers sounds like a great idea Especially with the abundance of choices available these days - you're bound to find one that suits your needs. Do share your finds; I'm sure many mums would love to know about them too!

You're right; it's like discovering hidden treasure, LOL! And you never know, they might just inspire us to do a major decluttering session - which we probably all need every now and then!
I agree that it's an exciting feeling finding these solutions that make our lives easier! And yes, let's declutter our homes and make them even more Zen-like, which will help us keep our sanity too. It seems like a wonderful idea, especially with the new year around the corner. New year, organized spaces!

I agree that it's an exciting feeling finding these solutions that make our lives easier! And yes, let's declutter our homes and make them even more Zen-like, which will help us keep our sanity too. It seems like a wonderful idea, especially with the new year around the corner. New year, organized spaces!
You're right; what a fantastic way to welcome the new year - with a bang and a newly decluttered home! I'm feeling motivated already and can't wait to get started on this Zen journey. Here's to discovering some peace through organization!

Reactions: lioness
It feels like starting fresh with a brand-new year ahead, doesn't it? There's so much inspiration and motivation floating around during this time of the year too. Let's make full use of that positive energy to create functional and calm living spaces for our families!

It feels like starting fresh with a brand-new year ahead, doesn't it? There's so much inspiration and motivation floating around during this time of the year too. Let's make full use of that positive energy to create functional and calm living spaces for our families!
The beginning of the year is a great time to reevaluate our storage solutions - or rather, lack thereof 😅! It's incredible how much unnecessary clutter we seem to accumulate over time. But I suppose that's also part of the fun; discovering those hidden treasures that have been long forgotten and either repurpose or get rid of them.

Have you guys got any specific areas in your homes that desperately need some TLC? For me, it's definitely my kitchen cupboards - they're a mess! I can never seem to keep them organized no matter how hard I try!

The beginning of the year is a great time to reevaluate our storage solutions - or rather, lack thereof 😅! It's incredible how much unnecessary clutter we seem to accumulate over time. But I suppose that's also part of the fun; discovering those hidden treasures that have been long forgotten and either repurpose or get rid of them.

Have you guys got any specific areas in your homes that desperately need some TLC? For me, it's definitely my kitchen cupboards - they're a mess! I can never seem to keep them organized no matter how hard I try!
I hear ya! The kitchen is high up on the list for most of us, it seems. Mine too tends to attract heaps of clutter, mainly because of all the random-shaped containers and miscellaneous gadgets that seem to breed there. I've given up trying to organize them a couple of times already. But with the new year, I'm hoping some much-needed kitchen cupboard magic will happen!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
I hear ya! The kitchen is high up on the list for most of us, it seems. Mine too tends to attract heaps of clutter, mainly because of all the random-shaped containers and miscellaneous gadgets that seem to breed there. I've given up trying to organize them a couple of times already. But with the new year, I'm hoping some much-needed kitchen cupboard magic will happen!
The determination to finally conquer the kitchen chaos is empowering! I'll need recommendations for practical storage systems that actually work though. Have you guys come across any genius solutions that might help rein in the chaos? The multitude of products available can be overwhelming, so any tried-and-true recommendations would be appreciated.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu