• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mummy Must-Haves

Fast - cherish every phase, they each have their special moments!
Yes, I'm learning to enjoy every season of parenting as they certainly fly by, each with unique memories and challenges! Thanks for the reminder 🙂 .

Yes, I'm learning to enjoy every season of parenting as they certainly fly by, each with unique memories and challenges! Thanks for the reminder 🙂 .
Parenting is a journey full of seasons, Do you think there are any must-haves or recommendations you'd give new moms for navigating these early years?

• Haha
Reactions: koala
Parenting is a journey full of seasons, Do you think there are any must-haves or recommendations you'd give new moms for navigating these early years?
As a new mom, one thing I found extremely helpful was a baby carrier. Being able to have my hands free while the little one was snuggled close was a godsend during those early days - for comfort and also making sure I could still get things done! Also, a good stroller that's easy to navigate and maneuver is another recommendation - you never know when you might end up doing an unexpected grocery run with baby in tow.

As a new mom, one thing I found extremely helpful was a baby carrier. Being able to have my hands free while the little one was snuggled close was a godsend during those early days - for comfort and also making sure I could still get things done! Also, a good stroller that's easy to navigate and maneuver is another recommendation - you never know when you might end up doing an unexpected grocery run with baby in tow.
Other than physical items, I'd also suggest new moms keep their circle of support close. Those first few weeks and months can be intense, so having help and a good support system around makes a huge difference! Whether it's helping hands with household chores or a listening ear, it's reassuring to know you're not alone in the journey. And of course, self-care is important too - take any chances you get to rest and recharge, even if it's just a few minutes to yourself each day. It can make a world of difference in your patience and energy levels!

• Haha
Reactions: wellness
Other than physical items, I'd also suggest new moms keep their circle of support close. Those first few weeks and months can be intense, so having help and a good support system around makes a huge difference! Whether it's helping hands with household chores or a listening ear, it's reassuring to know you're not alone in the journey. And of course, self-care is important too - take any chances you get to rest and recharge, even if it's just a few minutes to yourself each day. It can make a world of difference in your patience and energy levels!
True friends are a great support to have around. I survived those sleep-deprived weeks with the help of my trustworthy mama friends who understood my struggles and provided much-needed encouragement when I felt overwhelmed.

On another note, as simple as it may seem, having a reliable and comforting snack stash was a savior during late-night feedings or those emergency cravings. New moms should keep a special snack stash just for themselves!

True friends are a great support to have around. I survived those sleep-deprived weeks with the help of my trustworthy mama friends who understood my struggles and provided much-needed encouragement when I felt overwhelmed.

On another note, as simple as it may seem, having a reliable and comforting snack stash was a savior during late-night feedings or those emergency cravings. New moms should keep a special snack stash just for themselves!
Snacks are like fuel for the mum-marathon! Something to keep the energy up during the demanding weans. I second the motion for a special snack stash - it's amazing how a few tasty treats can make all the difference when you're running on empty. Having some tasty, comforting food can be a great pick-me-up during those sleepless nights and feedings!

Snacks are like fuel for the mum-marathon! Something to keep the energy up during the demanding weans. I second the motion for a special snack stash - it's amazing how a few tasty treats can make all the difference when you're running on empty. Having some tasty, comforting food can be a great pick-me-up during those sleepless nights and feedings!
Mhm! My go-to snacks were energy bars and dried fruits. They're easy to grab and don't require prep time, perfect for when you're sleep-deprived and on the go. I also stocked up on chocolates as my indulgence treat - they were a great motivation during those challenging moments of early motherhood!

Mhm! My go-to snacks were energy bars and dried fruits. They're easy to grab and don't require prep time, perfect for when you're sleep-deprived and on the go. I also stocked up on chocolates as my indulgence treat - they were a great motivation during those challenging moments of early motherhood!
I agree that having some yummy treats can be a good mood booster for new mums, especially during the tough times! chocolate certainly helped me navigate the tougher moments with a little extra joy. As far as energy boosters go, i also found small, nutritious snacks like nuts and berries kept well in the diaper bag for quick bites while running errands.

Are there any other mummy must-haves that you guys would recommend? Something that made your early parenting journey easier?

Reactions: wisdom
I agree that having some yummy treats can be a good mood booster for new mums, especially during the tough times! chocolate certainly helped me navigate the tougher moments with a little extra joy. As far as energy boosters go, i also found small, nutritious snacks like nuts and berries kept well in the diaper bag for quick bites while running errands.

Are there any other mummy must-haves that you guys would recommend? Something that made your early parenting journey easier?
A good electric breast pump was a godsend for me, especially one that's portable and easy to assemble. Also, unlike some of the other mums here, I found an Ergo carrier to be a real lifesaver during those early months - it enabled me to go on long walks with my baby without needing a stroller, and it provided much needed comfort during her fussy periods.

A good electric breast pump was a godsend for me, especially one that's portable and easy to assemble. Also, unlike some of the other mums here, I found an Ergo carrier to be a real lifesaver during those early months - it enabled me to go on long walks with my baby without needing a stroller, and it provided much needed comfort during her fussy periods.
Different carriers work for different folks! It's good to find the right fit that works for you and your little one :) Besides that, some soothing baby ointment or cream is useful for any tiny rashes or irritations - a real must-have for delicate new skin.

Different carriers work for different folks! It's good to find the right fit that works for you and your little one :) Besides that, some soothing baby ointment or cream is useful for any tiny rashes or irritations - a real must-have for delicate new skin.
Yes The first few years are all about discovering what works best for you and your little one - trial and error is part of the journey. Rashes and irritate skin can be so frustrating, poor things!

Any other useful items that helped you mummies survive those early days?

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
Yes The first few years are all about discovering what works best for you and your little one - trial and error is part of the journey. Rashes and irritate skin can be so frustrating, poor things!

Any other useful items that helped you mummies survive those early days?
The early parenting journey sure was a blur with all the adaptations we had to make! Apart from the essential soothing ointments, another thing I found useful was a small, compact changing kit. Those portable changing mats with a bit of extra space for a couple of diapers and some wipes were handy when I needed to step out. It was convenient to just grab that tiny bag and be on my way without having to pack the whole baby bag!

• Love
Reactions: luciana
The early parenting journey sure was a blur with all the adaptations we had to make! Apart from the essential soothing ointments, another thing I found useful was a small, compact changing kit. Those portable changing mats with a bit of extra space for a couple of diapers and some wipes were handy when I needed to step out. It was convenient to just grab that tiny bag and be on my way without having to pack the whole baby bag!
Another thing I found helpful was a nursery room monitor; it gave me peace of mind and helped me sneak in some much-needed quiet time or even a quick shower while keeping an eye/ear out for the little one.

Another thing I found helpful was a nursery room monitor; it gave me peace of mind and helped me sneak in some much-needed quiet time or even a quick shower while keeping an eye/ear out for the little one.
It's these little conveniences that make parenting just a teeny weeny bit easier, isn't it? Thanks for sharing!

Anything else that has left a lasting impression on you guys? Something you'd recommend to new mums?

• Love
Reactions: wellness and joyful
It's these little conveniences that make parenting just a teeny weeny bit easier, isn't it? Thanks for sharing!

Anything else that has left a lasting impression on you guys? Something you'd recommend to new mums?
For me, it was a sling that distributed the baby weight evenly across my body. It was a game-changer in terms of comfort and convenience - I could go hands-free and have my arms free for other things or just to rest! Some mummies might prefer a Baby Bjorn carrier for added support too; it really depends on your preference and what works best for you and your little tot.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu