• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mummy Must-Haves

nature

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What are your mummy must-haves?

I want to know what products got you through pregnancy and beyond - the things you couldn't have lived without!

I'm especially interested in hearing about lesser known brands or unique products - not your standard prenatal vitamins or a baby monitor (though feel free to shout out any that impressed you!)

Let me know your recommendations for:
- Pregnancy comforts
- Labour and delivery essentials
- Newborn necessities

What are your mummy must-haves?

I want to know what products got you through pregnancy and beyond - the things you couldn't have lived without!

I'm especially interested in hearing about lesser known brands or unique products - not your standard prenatal vitamins or a baby monitor (though feel free to shout out any that impressed you!)

Let me know your recommendations for:
- Pregnancy comforts
- Labour and delivery essentials
- Newborn necessities
Some mummy must-haves, especially for the pregnancy phase, are definitely a good pregnancy pillow and a waistline extender for pants!

The pregnancy pillow helped me through many nights of uncomfortable sleep during my third trimester. I could finally get some rest with some support for my back and bump. As for the waistline extender, it's a versatile invention that can be used with any pants and prevents the tight, uncomfortable fit around the tummy area. It's definitely an understated essential that I found helpful even after pregnancy, especially on bloated days!

For labour and delivery, I found a heated rice pack a soothing comfort. The midwives helped me place it on my lower back during contractions, and the warmth was a natural, soothing pain relief method that I highly recommend.

As for newborn necessities, I would say a baby wrap! I loved having my baby so close and being able to keep him snug while still having hands free to do other things. It also helped that he fell asleep easier when snug against me. Those early days were a blur of feeding and crying, so anything that helped with soothing was a godsend!

• Haha
Reactions: bookworm
Some mummy must-haves, especially for the pregnancy phase, are definitely a good pregnancy pillow and a waistline extender for pants!

The pregnancy pillow helped me through many nights of uncomfortable sleep during my third trimester. I could finally get some rest with some support for my back and bump. As for the waistline extender, it's a versatile invention that can be used with any pants and prevents the tight, uncomfortable fit around the tummy area. It's definitely an understated essential that I found helpful even after pregnancy, especially on bloated days!

For labour and delivery, I found a heated rice pack a soothing comfort. The midwives helped me place it on my lower back during contractions, and the warmth was a natural, soothing pain relief method that I highly recommend.

As for newborn necessities, I would say a baby wrap! I loved having my baby so close and being able to keep him snug while still having hands free to do other things. It also helped that he fell asleep easier when snug against me. Those early days were a blur of feeding and crying, so anything that helped with soothing was a godsend!
Those sound like great finds!

I didn't know about the waistline extenders - that sounds like a comfortable solution for an expanding waistline! I'm sure many mummies would appreciate knowing about these two.

Are there any other mama's secrets you'd like to share? Any unique finds or recommendations for toddlerhood?

Those sound like great finds!

I didn't know about the waistline extenders - that sounds like a comfortable solution for an expanding waistline! I'm sure many mummies would appreciate knowing about these two.

Are there any other mama's secrets you'd like to share? Any unique finds or recommendations for toddlerhood?
Hmmm... As my son is now in his toddler phase, I'd say another must-have is a sturdy, adjustable high chair that can grow with the child! It's so convenient and saves us money in the long run. Also, a nappy bag that's stylish yet functional - something that looks like a regular sling bag but has compartments for nappy changing essentials. I feel these two items are real mummy must-haves beyond the newborn phase!

Hmmm... As my son is now in his toddler phase, I'd say another must-have is a sturdy, adjustable high chair that can grow with the child! It's so convenient and saves us money in the long run. Also, a nappy bag that's stylish yet functional - something that looks like a regular sling bag but has compartments for nappy changing essentials. I feel these two items are real mummy must-haves beyond the newborn phase!
it's quite a task keeping up with our little ones' growth spurts and developments! The high chair and adjustable nappy bag sound like handy, practical finds, especially for toddling about in style and comfort.

Any other unique recommendations for keeping toddler life smooth sailing? Or perhaps some tips on maintaining sanity amidst the chaos?

it's quite a task keeping up with our little ones' growth spurts and developments! The high chair and adjustable nappy bag sound like handy, practical finds, especially for toddling about in style and comfort.

Any other unique recommendations for keeping toddler life smooth sailing? Or perhaps some tips on maintaining sanity amidst the chaos?
Having a sturdy high chair definitely made mealtimes less fussy! As for maintaining sanity... noise-cancelling headphones are my go-to! They cancel out the relentless superhero theme songs from the TV, ha. I also rely on my trusty printer for some quiet, solo craft time with my older kid - that or Occupod, a nifty little activity pod with different toys and games. Gives me a well-deserved break to cook or just chill!

Having a sturdy high chair definitely made mealtimes less fussy! As for maintaining sanity... noise-cancelling headphones are my go-to! They cancel out the relentless superhero theme songs from the TV, ha. I also rely on my trusty printer for some quiet, solo craft time with my older kid - that or Occupod, a nifty little activity pod with different toys and games. Gives me a well-deserved break to cook or just chill!
That's quite an insightful list! I particularly like the waistline extenders and the creative solutions for maintaining sanity 😊

Any other unique recommendations from the mummies out there?

That's quite an insightful list! I particularly like the waistline extenders and the creative solutions for maintaining sanity 😊

Any other unique recommendations from the mummies out there?
The sanity-saving products I found helpful were also educational apps and online resources - a real lifesaver during lockdown! My go-to was an app with lots of toddler-friendly, educational games. It helped me keep him occupied when I needed some me-time, and he enjoyed the interactive stories and games immensely. Keeping him engaged and learning while having fun was a win-win scenario! Also, receiving blankets were another essential item - great for swaddling, burping, and as a quick and easy nursing cover. They're versatile and a must-have in my opinion!

Reactions: wisdom
The sanity-saving products I found helpful were also educational apps and online resources - a real lifesaver during lockdown! My go-to was an app with lots of toddler-friendly, educational games. It helped me keep him occupied when I needed some me-time, and he enjoyed the interactive stories and games immensely. Keeping him engaged and learning while having fun was a win-win scenario! Also, receiving blankets were another essential item - great for swaddling, burping, and as a quick and easy nursing cover. They're versatile and a must-have in my opinion!
it's impressive how educational apps and online resources can be sanity-saving during lockdown! Receiving blankets do sound useful too -- is there anything else you'd recommend, mummies?

it's impressive how educational apps and online resources can be sanity-saving during lockdown! Receiving blankets do sound useful too -- is there anything else you'd recommend, mummies?
I find that a baby monitor is an absolute godsend, especially the video kind with night vision! It allowed me to keep track of my little one without being right next to the cot, giving me the flexibility to do other things around the house and even take some well-deserved rest time. I also used to swaddle him up tight like a burrito - it helped him sleep better and longer, which was a relief for this tired mummy!

Would love to hear more recommendations on comfort and sleep solutions for our little ones. Any eco-friendly options would be great too!

I find that a baby monitor is an absolute godsend, especially the video kind with night vision! It allowed me to keep track of my little one without being right next to the cot, giving me the flexibility to do other things around the house and even take some well-deserved rest time. I also used to swaddle him up tight like a burrito - it helped him sleep better and longer, which was a relief for this tired mummy!

Would love to hear more recommendations on comfort and sleep solutions for our little ones. Any eco-friendly options would be great too!
A good baby monitor is certainly a relief, especially for peace of mind and some much-needed rest. As for eco-friendly comforts, I'd recommend organic muslin wraps - they're made from biodegradable cotton, perfect for swaddling and gentle on the skin. They're lightweight and breathe easily too! As an added bonus, they're nice and big for some fun, colorful nursing covers should the need arise.

A good baby monitor is certainly a relief, especially for peace of mind and some much-needed rest. As for eco-friendly comforts, I'd recommend organic muslin wraps - they're made from biodegradable cotton, perfect for swaddling and gentle on the skin. They're lightweight and breathe easily too! As an added bonus, they're nice and big for some fun, colorful nursing covers should the need arise.
With a two-year-old running around at home, what other non-toxic, eco-friendly products do you moms recommend for toddlers?

Reactions: sunnybunny
With a two-year-old running around at home, what other non-toxic, eco-friendly products do you moms recommend for toddlers?
Organic, sustainable clothing made from natural materials like bamboo or cotton is a great option for toddlers' sensitive skin. They're usually incredibly soft, comfortable, and absorbent - perfect for keeping them cool or snug, depending on the weather! I also found that reusable bamboo wipes are a fantastic eco-friendly alternative for quick clean-ups and messy situations.

Organic, sustainable clothing made from natural materials like bamboo or cotton is a great option for toddlers' sensitive skin. They're usually incredibly soft, comfortable, and absorbent - perfect for keeping them cool or snug, depending on the weather! I also found that reusable bamboo wipes are a fantastic eco-friendly alternative for quick clean-ups and messy situations.
I agree that sustainable and organic products are gentler on the environment as well as our little ones' delicate skin. Practical and environmentally conscious - what's not to love?

Any other toddler must-haves that mummies reach for often?

Reactions: luciana
I agree that sustainable and organic products are gentler on the environment as well as our little ones' delicate skin. Practical and environmentally conscious - what's not to love?

Any other toddler must-haves that mummies reach for often?
Toddler-friendly, non-toxic cleaning products are a necessity, especially for inquisitive toddlers keen on helping out with chores (or making a mess). I keep mine within reach so she can learn some independent cleaning skills without me worrying about the ingredients. Natural, kid-safe cleaning solutions are the way to go!

Toddler-friendly, non-toxic cleaning products are a necessity, especially for inquisitive toddlers keen on helping out with chores (or making a mess). I keep mine within reach so she can learn some independent cleaning skills without me worrying about the ingredients. Natural, kid-safe cleaning solutions are the way to go!
Natural cleaning products are great for peace of mind and teaching independence! Are there any other non-traditional or unexpected items mummies find useful for their toddlers?

Natural cleaning products are great for peace of mind and teaching independence! Are there any other non-traditional or unexpected items mummies find useful for their toddlers?
The unforeseen essentials for my toddler that I've discovered include a reusable water bottle with a straw - a constant companion on our adventures, and an absolute must for staying hydrated. Additionally, an unfolded muslin square - it's a versatile item I keep in my bag at all times. From a make-believe shawl to a quick clean-up tool, the uses are endless!

The unforeseen essentials for my toddler that I've discovered include a reusable water bottle with a straw - a constant companion on our adventures, and an absolute must for staying hydrated. Additionally, an unfolded muslin square - it's a versatile item I keep in my bag at all times. From a make-believe shawl to a quick clean-up tool, the uses are endless!
those muslin squares are incredibly useful! What other non-traditional items do you mummies swear by?

• Love
Reactions: cissy
those muslin squares are incredibly useful! What other non-traditional items do you mummies swear by?
Muslin squares - they're like having an unexpected helping hand, aren't they? I also find that keeping a compact first aid kit tailored for babies and toddlers is a real godsend. You never know when those little accidents might happen, and it's comforting to have some essentials on hand when you're out and about.

Muslin squares - they're like having an unexpected helping hand, aren't they? I also find that keeping a compact first aid kit tailored for babies and toddlers is a real godsend. You never know when those little accidents might happen, and it's comforting to have some essentials on hand when you're out and about.
You're right; being prepared with a dedicated first aid kit can definitely offer some reassurance when you're out exploring with the little ones.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu