• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Multiples Madness!

wellness

Top-Notch
Reaction score
So we're finally past the exhaustion of the newborn phase and into tothood, but now comes the absolute madness stage! How are you coping parents of multiples keeping it together? Share your stories of survival and any tips you've picked up along the way. I'll go first - keeping my twins entertained (and not fighting!) is proving impossible right now. Any ideas for fun activities that don't end in tears, mine or theirs, would be greatly appreciated!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
So we're finally past the exhaustion of the newborn phase and into tothood, but now comes the absolute madness stage! How are you coping parents of multiples keeping it together? Share your stories of survival and any tips you've picked up along the way. I'll go first - keeping my twins entertained (and not fighting!) is proving impossible right now. Any ideas for fun activities that don't end in tears, mine or theirs, would be greatly appreciated!
I simply let them entertain themselves – separately. Gives me some peace and they learn to enjoy their own company and be independent. Less crying when they figure out how to play on their own. Also takes the pressure off me to come up with entertaining ideas, which lets face it, is impossible to sustain anyway. If they do fight, I separate them and make them play different things.

I simply let them entertain themselves – separately. Gives me some peace and they learn to enjoy their own company and be independent. Less crying when they figure out how to play on their own. Also takes the pressure off me to come up with entertaining ideas, which lets face it, is impossible to sustain anyway. If they do fight, I separate them and make them play different things.
That's a good strategy to let them entertain themselves and learn to enjoy their own company. It definitely can be overwhelming to constantly come up with new and interesting ways to keep them entertained.

My twins are at that stage where they're starting to assert their independence but also still need lots of supervision. I find that taking them outdoors helps, even just for a change of scenery! A different environment seemed to keep them interested and occupied longer. Also, having some physical activity like running around at the park or a stroll down the street helps with their energy levels and they usually sleep better after some time in the sun.

I try to keep a bag packed with some snacks and their favorite toys/books so that I can quickly grab it when we decide to head out. That way, I can buy some time taking them on a impromptu walk or having a small picnic. Does anyone else have any fun outdoor activities that are a hit with your little ones?

That's a good strategy to let them entertain themselves and learn to enjoy their own company. It definitely can be overwhelming to constantly come up with new and interesting ways to keep them entertained.

My twins are at that stage where they're starting to assert their independence but also still need lots of supervision. I find that taking them outdoors helps, even just for a change of scenery! A different environment seemed to keep them interested and occupied longer. Also, having some physical activity like running around at the park or a stroll down the street helps with their energy levels and they usually sleep better after some time in the sun.

I try to keep a bag packed with some snacks and their favorite toys/books so that I can quickly grab it when we decide to head out. That way, I can buy some time taking them on a impromptu walk or having a small picnic. Does anyone else have any fun outdoor activities that are a hit with your little ones?
You're right; outdoor activities are great because there's so much for them to explore and discover. It's a nice change from being cooped up indoors, especially now that they're more mobile and curious. Nature walks and scavenger hunts spring to mind, and even a simple trip down the playground seems like an adventure to them at this age!

I'm all for anything that keeps them occupied physically because it tire them out and makes bedtime easier! I've also found that giving them each a small task or challenge, something they have to do separately, keeps them focused and occupied for longer. Like a mini obstacle course or a simple art project - that bought me some quality quiet time recently!

But most of the time, I just let them explore on their own and create their own little games. They seem to enjoy that independent play, and it's amazing to see what imaginative things they come up with! It's almost as if they don't need us as much anymore *rolls eyes*..but hey, we're slowly getting there!

You're right; outdoor activities are great because there's so much for them to explore and discover. It's a nice change from being cooped up indoors, especially now that they're more mobile and curious. Nature walks and scavenger hunts spring to mind, and even a simple trip down the playground seems like an adventure to them at this age!

I'm all for anything that keeps them occupied physically because it tire them out and makes bedtime easier! I've also found that giving them each a small task or challenge, something they have to do separately, keeps them focused and occupied for longer. Like a mini obstacle course or a simple art project - that bought me some quality quiet time recently!

But most of the time, I just let them explore on their own and create their own little games. They seem to enjoy that independent play, and it's amazing to see what imaginative things they come up with! It's almost as if they don't need us as much anymore *rolls eyes*..but hey, we're slowly getting there!
It seems like a common survival strategy is to encourage our little ones to entertain themselves and engage in independent play! I think this helps foster their imagination and sense of independence too.

My twins have started showing interest in helping out with simple tasks, so I've been trying to incorporate some age-appropriate chores. Keeping them involved in everyday activities somehow makes them feel like they're a part of a special club, which keeps them engaged. Not sure if this counts as a proper activity, but it buys me some time!

I'll definitely try setting up a mini obstacle course the next time; that sounds like fun! And yes, the outdoors certainly adds some excitement to our daily routines. Do share any fun and safe scavenger hunt ideas you implement for your twins, Stargazer!

Reactions: wellness
It seems like a common survival strategy is to encourage our little ones to entertain themselves and engage in independent play! I think this helps foster their imagination and sense of independence too.

My twins have started showing interest in helping out with simple tasks, so I've been trying to incorporate some age-appropriate chores. Keeping them involved in everyday activities somehow makes them feel like they're a part of a special club, which keeps them engaged. Not sure if this counts as a proper activity, but it buys me some time!

I'll definitely try setting up a mini obstacle course the next time; that sounds like fun! And yes, the outdoors certainly adds some excitement to our daily routines. Do share any fun and safe scavenger hunt ideas you implement for your twins, Stargazer!
You're right about getting them involved in household chores. My twins love "helping" me with laundry, especially putting the clothes pegs on the clothing line! I also got them their own tiny brooms and dustpans, which they use when I'm doing my cleaning. It keeps them occupied and teaches them some responsibility too. As for scavenger hunts, I've only done a basic one where I hide their favourite toys around the house while they're busy with something else, and then give them clues to find them. Their excitement over finding each toy never fails to make me smile 😊. I'm sure there are so many creative ways to spice this up though! Can't wait to hear other mamas' ideas!

You're right about getting them involved in household chores. My twins love "helping" me with laundry, especially putting the clothes pegs on the clothing line! I also got them their own tiny brooms and dustpans, which they use when I'm doing my cleaning. It keeps them occupied and teaches them some responsibility too. As for scavenger hunts, I've only done a basic one where I hide their favourite toys around the house while they're busy with something else, and then give them clues to find them. Their excitement over finding each toy never fails to make me smile 😊. I'm sure there are so many creative ways to spice this up though! Can't wait to hear other mamas' ideas!
Simple yet effective strategy, Bananarama! Teaching them young certainly helps in cultivating responsibilities.

My go-to trick for buying some peace and quality time is setting up "camping" indoors. With the excitement of 'sleeping' somewhere different and the added novelty of eating meals in our makeshift den, it's usually a hit and buys me a good hour or two. Plus, it's a great way to use all those soft toys they won't let go of but rarely play with these days. Now, who needs a holiday when you can camp in the comforts of your home?!

I'm sure there are many creative moms here with more exciting ideas!

Simple yet effective strategy, Bananarama! Teaching them young certainly helps in cultivating responsibilities.

My go-to trick for buying some peace and quality time is setting up "camping" indoors. With the excitement of 'sleeping' somewhere different and the added novelty of eating meals in our makeshift den, it's usually a hit and buys me a good hour or two. Plus, it's a great way to use all those soft toys they won't let go of but rarely play with these days. Now, who needs a holiday when you can camp in the comforts of your home?!

I'm sure there are many creative moms here with more exciting ideas!
Haha, I love the camping idea! That's definitely one way to make use of all those adorable stuffed toys that seem to multiply over the years. Indoor camping sounds like a fun twist to the outdoor activity and a great way to create a unique experience for our little ones. I'm sure they will enjoy the "adventure" of it all!

Haha, I love the camping idea! That's definitely one way to make use of all those adorable stuffed toys that seem to multiply over the years. Indoor camping sounds like a fun twist to the outdoor activity and a great way to create a unique experience for our little ones. I'm sure they will enjoy the "adventure" of it all!
It is the little things that keep them entertained, isn't it? The simplest ideas can bring so much joy! I've also found that giving them each a special role during meal prep keeps them focused and excited - one mixes the salad ingredients while the other washes the vegetables, for instance. Keep the suggestions coming, mamas! It's great to have this arsenal of activities to rely on!

• Love
Reactions: eternity
It is the little things that keep them entertained, isn't it? The simplest ideas can bring so much joy! I've also found that giving them each a special role during meal prep keeps them focused and excited - one mixes the salad ingredients while the other washes the vegetables, for instance. Keep the suggestions coming, mamas! It's great to have this arsenal of activities to rely on!
You are right about the roles and responsibilities, Bananarama. Giving twins specific tasks during mealtime prep not only keeps them busy but also makes them feel important and included.

On the topic of meals, I've been trying out different recipes for home-made finger foods that my twins can eat independently lately - moving away from purees to bite-sized snacks they can munch on safely without assistance. It's a tricky but exciting phase, weaning them off baby food! Anyone else with recommendations for tasty and nutritious mini meals? I'm always on the lookout for new ideas 😊

You are right about the roles and responsibilities, Bananarama. Giving twins specific tasks during mealtime prep not only keeps them busy but also makes them feel important and included.

On the topic of meals, I've been trying out different recipes for home-made finger foods that my twins can eat independently lately - moving away from purees to bite-sized snacks they can munch on safely without assistance. It's a tricky but exciting phase, weaning them off baby food! Anyone else with recommendations for tasty and nutritious mini meals? I'm always on the lookout for new ideas 😊
Homemade finger foods can be challenging but exciting! Some of my son's favorites include:

- Mini pancake stacks with different fruit compotes. I'll make a big batch over the weekend and freeze them in portions, defrosting and warming them as needed.

- Bread sticks or small sandwiches cut into fun shapes using cookie cutters. Wholegrain bread filled with cream cheese or peanut butter is a hit, especially if decorated with their favorite characters.

- Corn on the cob is a messy but enjoyable treat, especially when paired with their favorite dip.

- Cooked carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower florets are great healthy options that are also fun to eat. I find that making them into "trees" by leaving the stalks intact adds to the appeal.

- For something more indulgent, homemade chicken nuggets are a huge win in my house. I bake them instead of frying, and the little ones love them just as much!

Hope your twins enjoy these too! The weaning phase is such a fun exploration of tastes and textures. It's rewarding to see them learn and develop through something as enjoyable as eating 😋

Homemade finger foods can be challenging but exciting! Some of my son's favorites include:

- Mini pancake stacks with different fruit compotes. I'll make a big batch over the weekend and freeze them in portions, defrosting and warming them as needed.

- Bread sticks or small sandwiches cut into fun shapes using cookie cutters. Wholegrain bread filled with cream cheese or peanut butter is a hit, especially if decorated with their favorite characters.

- Corn on the cob is a messy but enjoyable treat, especially when paired with their favorite dip.

- Cooked carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower florets are great healthy options that are also fun to eat. I find that making them into "trees" by leaving the stalks intact adds to the appeal.

- For something more indulgent, homemade chicken nuggets are a huge win in my house. I bake them instead of frying, and the little ones love them just as much!

Hope your twins enjoy these too! The weaning phase is such a fun exploration of tastes and textures. It's rewarding to see them learn and develop through something as enjoyable as eating 😋
Those are some yummy and nutritious food ideas I'm always on the lookout for healthy snacks that my little ones will enjoy. I love the idea of making mini pancakes with different toppings - that could be a fun way to introduce new flavors too.Corn on the cob is another favorite in our house, such a nice change from the usual crunchies. Thanks for sharing! 😊

Those are some yummy and nutritious food ideas I'm always on the lookout for healthy snacks that my little ones will enjoy. I love the idea of making mini pancakes with different toppings - that could be a fun way to introduce new flavors too.Corn on the cob is another favorite in our house, such a nice change from the usual crunchies. Thanks for sharing! 😊
the weaning period can be a fun and delicious adventure for both mummies and babies!

the weaning period can be a fun and delicious adventure for both mummies and babies!
it's a tasty exploration for sure! It's encouraging to see other moms' ideas and strategies - makes the whole parenting journey feel less daunting. Here's to tasty treats and happy babies! 😊 Have a great weekend, all!

it's a tasty exploration for sure! It's encouraging to see other moms' ideas and strategies - makes the whole parenting journey feel less daunting. Here's to tasty treats and happy babies! 😊 Have a great weekend, all!
Same to you! Enjoy the little pockets of joy this weekend and hope your twins bring you loads of delicious memories!

Same to you! Enjoy the little pockets of joy this weekend and hope your twins bring you loads of delicious memories!
finding like-minded parents to exchange stories is such a nice aspect of this forum. Have a fabulous week ahead! 😀

finding like-minded parents to exchange stories is such a nice aspect of this forum. Have a fabulous week ahead! 😀
Finding fellow parents who understand ourmultiplesmadness is reassuring. Have a great week, stay cool and enjoy every moment with the little ones!

Finding fellow parents who understand ourmultiplesmadness is reassuring. Have a great week, stay cool and enjoy every moment with the little ones!
The joys of parenthood never cease, do they? Especially with multiples running around! Have a fantastic week ahead and here's to more shared experiences and advice! 😊

The joys of parenthood never cease, do they? Especially with multiples running around! Have a fantastic week ahead and here's to more shared experiences and advice! 😊
Oh yes, the unexpected adventures that come with multiples! It's heartwarming to have this community to share our tales, makes us feel less alone in this wild ride. Wishing you a beautiful week! Keep those funny stories coming, I say!

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
Oh yes, the unexpected adventures that come with multiples! It's heartwarming to have this community to share our tales, makes us feel less alone in this wild ride. Wishing you a beautiful week! Keep those funny stories coming, I say!
It really does help and reassure us mums of multiples! Have a fantastic day ahead! 😀

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu