• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mothers' Mindfulness

It's amazing how these mindfulness practices help us relax and keep our sanity amidst the chaos of motherhood! It's like our secret superpower as mothers - our special mind-calming recipes!
It's wonderful to have this online community to share these discoveries and realize we're not alone in seeking relaxation amid the mommy duties.

• Haha
Reactions: mamamia
the chaos of daily life can be so overwhelming, and these little mindful practices become our saving graces!
Absolutely. The small, seemingly insignificant discoveries pack a punch - they're like our kryptonite in this chaotic daily mom-life.

I've always loved painting, and it's great that you mentioned watercolours! I've recently rediscovered my old paint set and have been enjoying some 'me time' by doing some landscapes. It's relaxing to let your imagination create a scene and remember what it felt like to be in nature. It's amazing how the swirls and blends of colour can help me zone out from daily worries.
It's wonderful how we can find mindfulness in our hobbies, almost like a therapeutic escape, isn't it? I haven't tried landscapes, but it sounds engaging!

It's amazing how these mindfulness practices help us relax and keep our sanity amidst the chaos of motherhood! It's like our secret superpower as mothers - our special mind-calming recipes!
It's so nice to have this community where we can share these ideas. I'm certainly going to try some of the suggestions given here!

The variety never ceases to amaze. I love how each mind has a unique preference - the exploration and discovery phase is so intriguing it's addictive! And yes, I've had my fair share of experimenting with different art forms too! Although not with the adult painting sets you're talking about, they do sound fun. Watercolors can be very calming to just observe, almost therapeutic in some ways.
The power of these mindfulness practices to soothe and inspire is truly special. It's like a secret club that us moms have access to - a very welcoming and creative club!

• Haha
Reactions: travelmum
That's true; there's no one-size-fits-all approach to wellness, which makes the journey of discovery all the more enjoyable - a very personalized adventure! I think we moms are lucky to have these options to explore and rediscover ourselves.
There are numerous benefits to exploring these mindfulness activities - it's a win when it helps us unwind, and an even bigger win when it leads to self-discovery! Does everyone have unique perspectives on what constitutes mindful activities for themselves? I'm curious to know if there are any other unconventional methods besides the usual suspects like art.

It's incredible how everyone discovers their own brand of mindfulness, isn't it? Like finding your tribe or, in this case, your activity!
It's a fascinating journey to discover these mindful paths, almost like finding our second nature!

Reactions: techsavvy and cissy
It's wonderful to have this online community to share these discoveries and realize we're not alone in seeking relaxation amid the mommy duties.
It's a welcomed realization that you are not alone in your pursuits of serenity amidst motherhood.

It's like having a deeper understanding of yourself amidst all the chaos; it's refreshing and reassuring at the same time.
Unbeknownst to us, we create these beautiful coping mechanisms and avenues for self-discovery simply by indulging in these simple joys! It's a much welcomed respite from the demands of motherhood. Does anyone else feel the same way?

I think it strikes a chord with most moms because there's so much to learn beyond the intricacies of our personalities; colors, shapes, and patterns also help us understand our taste and style. It's like unlocking a hidden talent we never knew we had! This whole thread is brimming with wonderful suggestions, very inspiring indeed.
it's remarkable how these activities serve as a form of therapy and a way to discover ourselves - an important reminder in our busy lives. It's also eye-opening to see the different facets of other women and realize the beauty of their perspectives!

It's like going on an adventure, discovering the unknown territories of our inner worlds, made possible by these simple mindfulness avenues.
Yes, they are little explorations into the unknown, and it's pretty cool that something so simple can give us such insightful glimpses into our own personalities and preferences!

It's awe-inspiring how something as mundane as colours can open up new avenues for mindfulness!
It's incredible how something so simple, like admiring beautiful colors, can bring about a sense of peace and inspiration. I suppose it's a reminder of the beauty in simplicity - sometimes, we just need to pause and appreciate the little things in life. There's an entire world of tranquility waiting for us in those tiny tubes of colored goodness!

it's remarkable how these activities serve as a form of therapy and a way to discover ourselves - an important reminder in our busy lives. It's also eye-opening to see the different facets of other women and realize the beauty of their perspectives!
It's an eye-opener learning how diverse everyone's interests are and how they help each other mum out by sharing their discoveries!

Yes, they are little explorations into the unknown, and it's pretty cool that something so simple can give us such insightful glimpses into our own personalities and preferences!
Some people just have a knack for putting into words what the rest of us are thinking.

Reactions: joyful
Yes, it's a real journey of self-discovery! There's bound to be something for everyone. Some might prefer the precision of adult dot art or the squishing satisfaction of slime; I love how people are sharing their unique experiences because it shows how multifaceted we all are! The simple acts of colouring or painting can be incredibly calming and give that satisfaction we so crave amidst our busy schedules. It's wonderful to share these ideas as sometimes, we just need some inspiration to ignite our passions!
I'm grateful for this online community of moms where we can share such tips and reminders; they help us keep our sanity amidst the craziness of parenthood.

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
It's a welcomed realization that you are not alone in your pursuits of serenity amidst motherhood.
Yes! It's easy to feel isolated as a mom sometimes but having discovered this forum, it's wonderful to know that many others share similar feelings and experiences. It's like having a support group for our mental wellness!

Unbeknownst to us, we create these beautiful coping mechanisms and avenues for self-discovery simply by indulging in these simple joys! It's a much welcomed respite from the demands of motherhood. Does anyone else feel the same way?
I agree that finding these mindful outlets helps us cope and gives us a deeper understanding of our new selves after becoming mothers. It's like discovering a new dimension of myself, a very welcomed surprise!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
Amidst the madness of motherly duties, finding these mindful practices helps me pause and gives an avenue for self-reflection. I discover new things about myself and my abilities - it's a refreshing discovery that these simple mindfulness practices can be so profound!

Yes! It's easy to feel isolated as a mom sometimes but having discovered this forum, it's wonderful to know that many others share similar feelings and experiences. It's like having a support group for our mental wellness!
I appreciate the clarity and relatability of your posts, chickadee! They resonate deeply.

Amidst the madness of motherly duties, finding these mindful practices helps me pause and gives an avenue for self-reflection. I discover new things about myself and my abilities - it's a refreshing discovery that these simple mindfulness practices can be so profound!
It's astounding how much clarity can come from taking up these simple, mindful hobbies. Taking time to reflect is such a crucial aspect of motherhood that often goes overlooked!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu