• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mothers' Mindfulness

wisdom

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Mothers, let's discuss mindfulness and the strategies you use to take care of your mental health!

Being a mother can be overwhelming and sometimes we need to actively practice mindfulness to stay sane and keep our emotional well-being intact.

What mindful practices do you use to recharge and recenter yourself? This could be meditation, deep breathing exercises, journaling, or even something as simple as taking a short walk or listening to music. Share your go-to mindfulness tactics and how they help you!

Mothers, let's discuss mindfulness and the strategies you use to take care of your mental health!

Being a mother can be overwhelming and sometimes we need to actively practice mindfulness to stay sane and keep our emotional well-being intact.

What mindful practices do you use to recharge and recenter yourself? This could be meditation, deep breathing exercises, journaling, or even something as simple as taking a short walk or listening to music. Share your go-to mindfulness tactics and how they help you!
When I need to de-stress, I've taken up adult coloring using intricate mandala coloring books. It's amazing how focusing on staying within the lines can help me forget about everything else, almost like a form of meditation!

When I need to de-stress, I've taken up adult coloring using intricate mandala coloring books. It's amazing how focusing on staying within the lines can help me forget about everything else, almost like a form of meditation!
Coloring is therapeutic and a great way to practice mindfulness, it's almost meditative, especially with intricate patterns that demand our fullest attention. What patterns or themes do you enjoy coloring the most? I find that using colored pencils allows for more detail work and gives a satisfying result, though it can be relaxing to go wild with marker colors too!

Coloring is quite popular for mindfulness. The simplicity of choosing colors and focusing on not exceeding the lines is therapeutic and calming. I find it a mindless yet meaningful activity that helps to restart my brain, too. There's something about adding color and being mindful of patterns that makes stress melt away. It's almost meditative when you reach the "zone."

• Love
Reactions: wellness

I'm big on hiking. Getting out into the lush greenery of nature trails really helps to ground me when I feel frazzled as a mom. It's my go-to mindful practice - it resets my perspective, especially after a particularly trying day wrangling two energetic boys.

There's something about being in the quiet of the forest, listening to the sounds of nature and focusing on placing one foot in front of the other. It gives me time away from the constant demands of motherhood, even if it's just for a few hours. I come back feeling calmer and more centered, and ready to tackle the rest of parenting life with a renewed sense of patience.

I also love a good stretch and some deep yoga breaths when I'm feeling stressed. It's amazing how a few minutes of mindful breathing can help me gain perspective and center myself, especially when I feel anxiety creeping in.

These mindful practices help me stay sane and enjoy the present moment more, which is especially important given how fast children grow up!

Coloring is quite popular for mindfulness. The simplicity of choosing colors and focusing on not exceeding the lines is therapeutic and calming. I find it a mindless yet meaningful activity that helps to restart my brain, too. There's something about adding color and being mindful of patterns that makes stress melt away. It's almost meditative when you reach the "zone."
I'm a big fan of nature-inspired coloring pages - intricate drawings of trees, flowers, and especially Mandalas. They have this mystical quality that makes coloring them feel like an activity beyond the usual. I agree that colored pencils are best for detailed work; you can really focus on each small section and shade it to your heart's content. There's a satisfying sense of progress when you see the page gradually come to life!

• Love
Reactions: lioness
it's incredible how such a simple activity can have a profound impact on our mindfulness! I suppose it's a welcome change from the often fast-paced and stressful nature of reality.

I've seen some incredible detailed coloring book patterns, like animal kingdom-themed books with incredibly detailed illustrations of animals against their natural backgrounds. They're almost too beautiful to color! But that also makes them exciting because you know the end result will be breathtaking when done right. In my opinion, it's a satisfying way to appreciate art and add your touch to it.

What Motifs or themes really help you unwind? Do share if you have any recommendation for coloring books too!

Reactions: travelmum
Coloring is therapeutic and a great way to practice mindfulness, it's almost meditative, especially with intricate patterns that demand our fullest attention. What patterns or themes do you enjoy coloring the most? I find that using colored pencils allows for more detail work and gives a satisfying result, though it can be relaxing to go wild with marker colors too!
I agree that coloring has a calming effect and is fun too! I usually go for nature-inspired themes or complex mandalas with lots of tiny details. I prefer using colored pencils as well, the precision helps to keep my mind focused and relaxed. There's something satisfying about creating a vibrant colored pattern with the pencils, almost like a stress therapy! I find that using those shading techniques adds a lot of depth to the picture as well.

• Haha
Reactions: cissy and mamamia
I'm big on hiking. Getting out into the lush greenery of nature trails really helps to ground me when I feel frazzled as a mom. It's my go-to mindful practice - it resets my perspective, especially after a particularly trying day wrangling two energetic boys.

There's something about being in the quiet of the forest, listening to the sounds of nature and focusing on placing one foot in front of the other. It gives me time away from the constant demands of motherhood, even if it's just for a few hours. I come back feeling calmer and more centered, and ready to tackle the rest of parenting life with a renewed sense of patience.

I also love a good stretch and some deep yoga breaths when I'm feeling stressed. It's amazing how a few minutes of mindful breathing can help me gain perspective and center myself, especially when I feel anxiety creeping in.

These mindful practices help me stay sane and enjoy the present moment more, which is especially important given how fast children grow up!
Hiking is a great way to take care of your mental health and reconnect with nature. It's a good physical exercise too, which helps to release feel-good hormones. Getting away from electronic devices and being in quiet surroundings allows me precious time to hear my own thoughts and appreciate the simplicity of nature. I'm also more sensitive to the needs of my children when I return from resetting outdoors.

Do you have any favorite hiking trails you frequent, or do you like to explore different paths each time?

I prefer intricate geometric patterns and mandalas myself. They're visually stunning and very detailed so it really helps me zone out. I agree that coloured pencils are the best tool for such intricate work. Plus, they smell like childhood and bring out the nostalgia. But there's also something to be said about the vibrancy of markers!

I agree that coloring has a calming effect and is fun too! I usually go for nature-inspired themes or complex mandalas with lots of tiny details. I prefer using colored pencils as well, the precision helps to keep my mind focused and relaxed. There's something satisfying about creating a vibrant colored pattern with the pencils, almost like a stress therapy! I find that using those shading techniques adds a lot of depth to the picture as well.
It's interesting how we all have our preferred themes and tools for coloring; it's a great, simple way to destress and focus on something satisfying.

I enjoy intricate geometric designs and mandalas myself; they really draw me in and help me focus. But lately, I've been drawn to nature-themed coloring pages - forests, trees, leaves, and branches. There's something calming about immersing yourself in a serene forest landscape, even if it's just on paper. It's like a brief escape into a peaceful hideaway. I agree that colored pencils are great for detailed work; you can really blend and layer the colors nicely. But sometimes, nothing beats the vibrancy of markers for a bold, joyful effect!

It's interesting how we all have our preferred themes and tools for coloring; it's a great, simple way to destress and focus on something satisfying.
The variety of preferences we all have just goes to show that there are so many ways to practice mindfulness - colors, patterns, and tools too! There's surely something for everyone.

I've also heard good things about the "Mindful Moments" coloring books which might be worth checking out. Each page has a simple yet beautiful quote accompanied by an intricate illustration relevant to the theme. So it's like getting a double dose of relaxation from the artwork and the words of wisdom! They help shift your focus inwards, which is a bonus when you're trying to recenter yourself.

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
I prefer intricate geometric patterns and mandalas myself. They're visually stunning and very detailed so it really helps me zone out. I agree that coloured pencils are the best tool for such intricate work. Plus, they smell like childhood and bring out the nostalgia. But there's also something to be said about the vibrancy of markers!
I find myself drawn to intricate details and fine lines too; they really test your focus and patience in a calming way! There's a real sense of satisfaction with each pattern filled in, almost like a progression of achievements. That's the beauty of it - an activity that's mindful, yet meaningful and enjoyable!

The variety of preferences we all have just goes to show that there are so many ways to practice mindfulness - colors, patterns, and tools too! There's surely something for everyone.
It's fascinating how different motifs and colors can impact our moods so distinctively. So much so that we become drawn to specific themes!

• Love
Reactions: joyful
It's fascinating how different motifs and art mediums can have such a profound effect on our minds. It just reinforces the idea that mindfulness is a very personal practice.

It's fascinating how different motifs and art mediums can have such a profound effect on our minds. It just reinforces the idea that mindfulness is a very personal practice.
The personalization aspect of mindfulness makes it a very special experience because it often leads to a deeper self-discovery process, don't you agree?

Yes, it's really an individual experience and what works for some may not work for others. Everyone has their own unique preferences and triggers to set them in the right mood. This reflects real life too - we are all different, with unique personalities and tastes!

Reactions: wellness
The personalization aspect of mindfulness makes it a very special experience because it often leads to a deeper self-discovery process, don't you agree?
I couldn't agree more! Mindfulness is a journey inward, and the variations in our preferences help us explore our inner selves in unique ways. It's like an unspoken dialogue with ourselves, which helps us understand our likes, dislikes, and what brings us peace. In a way, it's like discovering little pockets of joy within ourselves.

• Love
Reactions: joyful

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu