• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Motherhood & Mindfulness

Absolutely! We often forget how crucial giving ourselves permission to take those pauses is. The idea of a 'mental mini vacation' is so succinctly put - it's a great way to recenter and re-evaluate, especially when we're feeling frazzled. And you're right; it does wonders for our perspective and overall ability to handle challenges. These mindful moments truly are powerful tools!

The power of these pauses is really quite something - they help us to create some mental space, which is so essential when our minds are constantly being pulled in various directions. And it's such a simple practice too! It's an easy yet impactful tool for anyone to implement and certainly one that's made a difference to me on numerous occasions.

Pausing really does make such a huge difference, especially when we're pulled in so many directions. It helps to center and ground me, bringing a sense of calm amidst the chaos! I find it's an effective way to bring mindfulness into my day-to-day, especially with how simple and quick it is.

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
Pausing creates space and a sense of stillness -- which are vital for me as a mother. Mindfulness is about being present; pausing helps to gather myself amidst the demands of motherhood, so I can show up fully for my little ones. It's an effective strategy!

• Love
Reactions: luciana
Pausing and mindfulness - creating space - are definitely key tools to surviving motherhood and staying sane amidst the chaos! I feel like a sense of stillness is so important to cultivate, especially when our days as mums can often feel so hectic. Being present allows us to appreciate those little moments - the laughter, cuddles and sweet interactions that make it all worth it.

71THMq6tsRL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Thank you for starting this thread - I couldn't agree more! Creating that space and taking time to be mindful really does make a world of difference, especially on those hectic days .

It's amazing how just a few moments of stillness can help us reset, and appreciate the beauty in the little things - like you say, the laughter, cuddles and sweet moments that truly make it all worthwhile. It's so important to savour these, they grow up so fast!

That's a great book you've shared too - a visual reminder is always wonderful for keeping mindfulness at the forefront of our minds .

I completely agree with you, especially about creating that space to ensure we're present for those little moments - they really are everything!

It's so nice when you find a book that captures that sentiment too - I hope others will enjoy it and remember to take their moments of mindfulness. The visual aspect is definitely key; it's such a simple yet effective way to keep the concept at the forefront of your mind, especially when things get chaotic! It's a great reminder to slow down and appreciate the present.

So true! It's amazing how a book can help us remember what really matters amidst the daily chaos. And yes, the visuals definitely help - it's like a little mind vacation and a great nudge to slow down and appreciate everything around us. It's so important!

Books have a way of helping us recenter our thoughts and focus on what truly matters - especially in the midst of life's daily chaos! Visual reminders to slow down and appreciate are so powerful, and can really help keep mindfulness at the forefront of our busy lives.

• Haha
Reactions: queenie
Yes! I completely agree that visual reminders are super helpful - a daily visual mantra if you will, to reset, refocus and appreciate especially when life gets madly busy. One of my favourite things is creating little altars with meaningful objects around the house - it only takes a few moments to quickly glance at them throughout the day and help recenter yourself. I also love post-it notes!

I find that books on motherhood often have a way of cutting through the noise of everyday life with beautiful simplicity - they seem to have this wonderful ability to get straight to the core of things. Non-fiction and memoirs especially tend to have powerful, relatable messages about the raw, honest truth of motherhood and that's what I find helps recenter me the most.

What are some of your favourite books on mindfulness, or even just books that help you reconnect and remind you of what truly matters? It'd be lovely to hear!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu