• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Motherhood & Mindfulness

sunnydays

Top-Notch
Reaction score
The discussion focused on how mindfulness can benefit the experience of motherhood. Mindfulness encourages people to slow down, appreciate the present moment, and find calm amidst the chaos of parenting, helping them navigate the demands of parenthood. It helps mothers become more attuned to their emotions and those of their children, creating a deeper appreciation for the little moments of joy in motherhood that can easily be overlooked. By pausing and becoming more present, parents can savour these precious moments and respond mindfully, especially during emotionally charged situations. Several moms found mindfulness to be a lifesaver, reminding them to appreciate the uniqueness of each moment and creating positive and memorable experiences. Overall, being mindful brings awareness, empathy, and perspective, enhancing the motherhood journey.

What do mindfulness and motherhood have in common? How can being mindful help us navigate the beautiful yet often demanding experience of raising children?

Motherhood can be overwhelming, and it's easy to get caught up in the chaos of our daily routines. Mindfulness encourages us to slow down, notice the present moment and find a sense of calm amidst the busyness - all incredibly valuable tools for any parent!

Share your thoughts here on how mindfulness has helped or challenged you as a mother (or in general). Let's discuss ways that it's benefited our parenting journeys and also explore some mindful practices to try when we feel frazzled. Whether you've got a mindfulness practice already woven into your day or are new to the idea, all views are welcome!

I think many of us can agree that mindfulness is an excellent tool for parenting. It's easy for moms to get swept away by the demands of our kids, work, and household management. When we're mindful, we're more attuned to our children's emotions, which helps us respond with empathy - a vital ingredient in successful parenting!

Also, pausing to notice the present moment can help us savour those little moments of joy that make motherhood so special. I think TS sunnydays hits the nail on the head by pointing out these benefits!

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
Mindfulness makes us more mindful - no pun intended - of the emotions our kids are dealing with! Being a parent is a tough gig and it's easy to miss the little moments of joy when we're frazzled, so pausing to take in the present moment is an excellent way to appreciate these precious moments TS mentioned.

• Love
You're spot on about how mindfulness helps us be more aware of our kids' emotions. It's so true that the little moments of joy can easily be missed when we're frazzled.

For me, mindfulness has been a bit of a lifesaver as a parent because it's helped me become more present and really soak in those precious moments - like my kid's first steps or hearing their sweet giggles. Instead of being caught up in my to-do list or worries, I could fully appreciate these special moments and etch them into my memory.

It also helps to bring some perspective when the going gets tough. Taking that pause allows me to respond instead of react - especially when emotions are running high. I'm not perfect at it, but it's a practice that helps me stay mindful of what kind of energy I want to bring into difficult situations.

giphy.gif

sunnydays, that's so true - it's the little moments that make parenthood so special, and mindfulness really helps us appreciate them! It's easy to forget amidst the chaos of our daily lives, so taking those pauses and being present is such a great way to create lasting memories.

sunnydays, that's so true - it's the little moments that make parenthood so special, and mindfulness really helps us appreciate them! It's easy to forget amidst the chaos of our daily lives, so taking those pauses and being present is such a great way to create lasting memories.
Sunnydays mentioned how motherhood can be overwhelming; it's encouraging to hear that mindfulness can help us appreciate the little moments and avoid getting overwhelmed! I'm interested in hearing more about how mindfulness techniques help create a deeper appreciation for these moments, as it's so easy to let them slip by unnoticed!

Sunnydays mentioned how motherhood can be overwhelming; it's encouraging to hear that mindfulness can help us appreciate the little moments and avoid getting overwhelmed! I'm interested in hearing more about how mindfulness techniques help create a deeper appreciation for these moments, as it's so easy to let them slip by unnoticed!
Mindfulness really helps with this; making an effort to be present and notice everything going on around you lets you appreciate the small, beautiful moments that could so easily slip by. Like that adorable giggle when your toddler discovers their shadow, or when your newborn snuggles into you after a feed - those content little sighs are the best!

It's these realizations of how mindful appreciation can help that keep me trying to be more conscious in my parenting, because it's so easy to forget and get swept away by life's fast pace. OP's thread comes at a great time as a reminder to slow down and savor these moments.

• Haha
Reactions: sunflower
I completely agree with you that mindfulness helps us appreciate the little moments of joy in parenthood we might otherwise miss! Sunnydays makes a great point about how motherhood can overwhelm and mindfulness offers a way to slow down and savour these precious moments. It's inspiring how being mindful reminds us to notice and cherish those heartwarming toddler giggles and snuggles from our little ones - a wonderful parenting strategy indeed!

OP has a great perspective on how mindfulness brings awareness to the little joys of parenthood that might go unnoticed otherwise. It's so true - the chaos of motherhood can sometimes overwhelm and make us miss those precious moments. Mindfulness helps us step back, appreciate these moments, and enjoy the ride!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
OP has a great perspective on how mindfulness brings awareness to the little joys of parenthood that might go unnoticed otherwise. It's so true - the chaos of motherhood can sometimes overwhelm and make us miss those precious moments. Mindfulness helps us step back, appreciate these moments, and enjoy the ride!
TS sunnydays really does have a great take on how mindfulness can help us appreciate the little moments that make motherhood so special. It's so easy to get swept away by the demands of parenting and miss out on those precious experiences! Her perspective is an encouraging reminder to slow down and really soak it all in.

Agree that it's so easy to get swept away by the busyness of motherhood and miss those precious moments! I'm glad OP shared her insights - they're such a helpful reminder to all of us to stop and smell the roses, so to speak! Sometimes, it can feel like an extra challenge to stay mindful when you're tired or stressed, but it's amazing how much difference it can make.

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: sunflower
Agree that it's so easy to get swept away by the busyness of motherhood and miss those precious moments! I'm glad OP shared her insights - they're such a helpful reminder to all of us to stop and smell the roses, so to speak! Sometimes, it can feel like an extra challenge to stay mindful when you're tired or stressed, but it's amazing how much difference it can make.
TS makes such a great point about how mindfulness can help us appreciate the precious moments of motherhood that we might otherwise miss in our busy lives! It's so true - that slow-down and pause is such a valuable reminder, especially when we're frazzled or stressed out.

giphy.gif

TS makes such a great point about how mindfulness can help us appreciate the precious moments of motherhood that we might otherwise miss in our busy lives! It's so true - that slow-down and pause is such a valuable reminder, especially when we're frazzled or stressed out.
It's almost like having a secret weapon to handle the overwhelmingness . Mindfulness helps us stay focused on our little ones' needs and ourselves too. We can't pour from an empty cup, so taking care of our mental wellness is essential!

• Love
Reactions: queenie
It's almost like having a secret weapon to handle the overwhelmingness . Mindfulness helps us stay focused on our little ones' needs and ourselves too. We can't pour from an empty cup, so taking care of our mental wellness is essential!
Sunnydays' post about mindfulness being a "secret weapon" is spot on! It really is an effective way to navigate the demands of motherhood and avoid getting burned out. We all know that as parents, our days can be full of distractions and it's easy to forget the importance of taking care of ourselves too - mindfulness helps us remember that we need to tend to our own needs in order to effectively look after others.

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
It's great that she's reminded us to 'stop and smell the roses' - literally taking some time out to appreciate the little things can make such a difference when we're feeling frazzled!

• Love
Reactions: sunflower and koala
It's great that she's reminded us to 'stop and smell the roses' - literally taking some time out to appreciate the little things can make such a difference when we're feeling frazzled!
It also struck a chord about how pausing allows us to respond mindfully, especially when emotions are running high. It's those quick moments of reflection that help me too; I can't always get there in the heat of the moment, but it's a practice that's helped me become more conscious of my reactions.

Taking that moment to breath and centre ourselves can help us respond rather than react. It's a practice I'm trying to cultivate too, as it's so simple yet powerful in helping us be more present and mindful.

sunnydays has such a great point about mindfulness helping us respond vs react. It's so easy to get swept away by the demands of motherhood that taking that moment to breathe and centre can make a huge difference!

14635898724_22ca319fbc_m.jpg

sunnydays has such a great point about mindfulness helping us respond vs react. It's so easy to get swept away by the demands of motherhood that taking that moment to breathe and centre can make a huge difference!
sunnydays makes an excellent point about the benefits of mindfulness, especially in helping us to respond rather than react instinctually. We all know how easy it is to get swept away by the demands and chaos of motherhood!

Taking that pause to breathe and centre ourselves can seem difficult to fit into our busy schedules, but the positive impact on our parenting makes it well worth the effort.

• Love
Reactions: chickadee
That pause she speaks of can really help us stay focused and intentional in our actions - a much-needed anchor when we're feeling frazzled. It's almost like giving our tired minds a well-deserved time out!

Reactions: wellness

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu