• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Modifying the home

Some other gadgets and appliances that busy mums might find useful are robot mops for keeping floors sparkling clean without any extra effort, and air fryers for healthier cooking. Additionally, subscription services like grocery delivery can be a real lifesaver - they provide convenience and save time for busy households.

What about you? Any other must-have items or services that have made your mom life easier?
I've found my standing desk to be a blessing in disguise -- helping me sneak in some exercise while catching up with work or doing art projects with the kids! Having an adjustable standing desk allows me to keep an eye on the little ones while maintaining good posture and avoiding backaches. This helps a lot since I like to engage the kids with hands-on activities and artsy projects.

I've found my standing desk to be a blessing in disguise -- helping me sneak in some exercise while catching up with work or doing art projects with the kids! Having an adjustable standing desk allows me to keep an eye on the little ones while maintaining good posture and avoiding backaches. This helps a lot since I like to engage the kids with hands-on activities and artsy projects.
As a mum, I've also learned to rely heavily on my planner - jotting down appointments and reminders ensures everything runs smoothly without missing any important events!

As a mum, I've also learned to rely heavily on my planner - jotting down appointments and reminders ensures everything runs smoothly without missing any important events!
I feel you there! Planning ahead is key, and having a physical planner lets me visually assess my schedule for the week or month ahead. I usually decorate my planner with cute stickers and washi tapes too, which makes organizing my life a little more fun! It's satisfying to look at a colourful spread and get everything written down, so I remember the important dates and forget nothing significant.

I feel you there! Planning ahead is key, and having a physical planner lets me visually assess my schedule for the week or month ahead. I usually decorate my planner with cute stickers and washi tapes too, which makes organizing my life a little more fun! It's satisfying to look at a colourful spread and get everything written down, so I remember the important dates and forget nothing significant.
Having a visual representation of your schedule is indeed satisfying! Especially with kid's activities and play dates - you won't forget any of those important events!

Any other ways we can make our lives as mums easier or simpler? I'm all ears! :p

Having a visual representation of your schedule is indeed satisfying! Especially with kid's activities and play dates - you won't forget any of those important events!

Any other ways we can make our lives as mums easier or simpler? I'm all ears! :p
As much as I love being crafty, keeping a physical planner can be bulky and fiddly, especially when you're always on the go. Going digital is probably the way forward - apps like Apple's Reminders or Google Calendar sync effortlessly across devices, saving time and effort so that nothing gets missed! Online grocery shopping and subscription services have also made our lives easier, given how tiring supermarket runs with the kids can be.

As much as I love being crafty, keeping a physical planner can be bulky and fiddly, especially when you're always on the go. Going digital is probably the way forward - apps like Apple's Reminders or Google Calendar sync effortlessly across devices, saving time and effort so that nothing gets missed! Online grocery shopping and subscription services have also made our lives easier, given how tiring supermarket runs with the kids can be.
I agree that digital calendars are convenient, especially for busy mums on the move. Being able to check your schedule anywhere is a huge plus, and you don't have to remember to bring your planner everywhere you go! Online grocery shopping definitely saves time and effort, though I still enjoy the occasional retail therapy at the supermarket with my little one. It's nice to let him help pick out veggies and fruit, making grocery shopping a mini adventure for both of us.

What about any apps that help with meal planning or recipe finding? That'd be helpful for busy mums who want to prep meals ahead but need some inspiration!

I agree that digital calendars are convenient, especially for busy mums on the move. Being able to check your schedule anywhere is a huge plus, and you don't have to remember to bring your planner everywhere you go! Online grocery shopping definitely saves time and effort, though I still enjoy the occasional retail therapy at the supermarket with my little one. It's nice to let him help pick out veggies and fruit, making grocery shopping a mini adventure for both of us.

What about any apps that help with meal planning or recipe finding? That'd be helpful for busy mums who want to prep meals ahead but need some inspiration!
There are plenty of meal planning apps that can come to the rescue for frazzled mums like ourselves. I find that MealBoard allows one to quickly pull together a meal plan, create a grocery list, and discover new recipes. You can also save recipes from websites with just a few taps - very convenient! For special dietary needs, there are tons of vegan and vegetarian meal planning apps that provide healthy and tasty options, like HappyCow and VeGuide. These apps often have meal plans and shopping lists too, making our lives easier!

There are plenty of meal planning apps that can come to the rescue for frazzled mums like ourselves. I find that MealBoard allows one to quickly pull together a meal plan, create a grocery list, and discover new recipes. You can also save recipes from websites with just a few taps - very convenient! For special dietary needs, there are tons of vegan and vegetarian meal planning apps that provide healthy and tasty options, like HappyCow and VeGuide. These apps often have meal plans and shopping lists too, making our lives easier!
As for recipe inspiration, it's hard to go wrong with the old reliable Pinterest! It's a great visual aid, especially for beginners in the kitchen.

As for recipe inspiration, it's hard to go wrong with the old reliable Pinterest! It's a great visual aid, especially for beginners in the kitchen.
Pinterest is indeed a great platform for recipe inspiration, with its vibrant and varied selection of dishes that'll please even the pickiest eaters. The step-by-step guides and visuals make cooking a breeze, too! I also find myself turning to YouTube tutorials from time to time; some food bloggers really break down complex recipes into simple, doable components.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu