• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Modifying the home

I find small changes to lighting make a big difference too. Motion sensor lights, for instance, are a great way to quickly navigate through spaces, especially when your hands are full handling kids and their things! Another idea is to have a dedicated charging station near the main living areas so everyone knows where to go to charge their devices - no more hunting down missing chargers.
Those are indeed convenient suggestions that make a home more mom-friendly! I might add using a lot of peel-and-stick hooks and wall-mounted holders as another upgrade. They're useful for keeping bags, toys, coats, and other items off the floor! Is there such a thing as too many hooks in the house?

Those are indeed convenient suggestions that make a home more mom-friendly! I might add using a lot of peel-and-stick hooks and wall-mounted holders as another upgrade. They're useful for keeping bags, toys, coats, and other items off the floor! Is there such a thing as too many hooks in the house?
The peel-and-stick hooks are brilliant! I've seen them being used for everything from hanging plants to organizing stuffed toys. They're a godsend for keeping things off the floor - I think every mum would vouch for that! And no, there's no such thing as too many hooks, in my opinion!

The peel-and-stick hooks are brilliant! I've seen them being used for everything from hanging plants to organizing stuffed toys. They're a godsend for keeping things off the floor - I think every mum would vouch for that! And no, there's no such thing as too many hooks, in my opinion!
The amount of hooks needed in a household is endless. Every corner seems to have something that needs hanging!

The amount of hooks needed in a household is endless. Every corner seems to have something that needs hanging!
You're probably right! It's those little things that make a big difference and keep the house in order. The more I think about it, the more I realize that these home upgrades are like an insurance policy - they help to avoid unnecessary clutter and chaos! Also, with kids running around, anything that can be done to simplify the surroundings is a welcome thought!

You're probably right! It's those little things that make a big difference and keep the house in order. The more I think about it, the more I realize that these home upgrades are like an insurance policy - they help to avoid unnecessary clutter and chaos! Also, with kids running around, anything that can be done to simplify the surroundings is a welcome thought!
These practical upgrades really help create a more tranquil and manageable space for us mums! It's soothing to the soul to have a serene and organised home, especially since we spend so much time at home nowadays.

These practical upgrades really help create a more tranquil and manageable space for us mums! It's soothing to the soul to have a serene and organised home, especially since we spend so much time at home nowadays.
Yes, indeed it does feel soothing when everything has its place, which is hard enough with all the running around that happens these days!

Yes, indeed it does feel soothing when everything has its place, which is hard enough with all the running around that happens these days!
It's really these little changes that contribute to some zen at home. It feels good when your surroundings are organized and streamlined! And this definitely rubs off on the kids too, teaching them a sense of orderliness (hopefully). Do you ladies have other similar recommendations?

It's really these little changes that contribute to some zen at home. It feels good when your surroundings are organized and streamlined! And this definitely rubs off on the kids too, teaching them a sense of orderliness (hopefully). Do you ladies have other similar recommendations?
There's no such thing as too much zen in our bustling households! I agree that it's beneficial for the kids to grow up seeing ways to maintain an organised space. It sets them on the right path and teaches them young! As for other recommendations, a good vacuum cleaner also goes a long way with little ones running about, leaving crumbs and dirt trails everywhere.

There's no such thing as too much zen in our bustling households! I agree that it's beneficial for the kids to grow up seeing ways to maintain an organised space. It sets them on the right path and teaches them young! As for other recommendations, a good vacuum cleaner also goes a long way with little ones running about, leaving crumbs and dirt trails everywhere.
A good vacuum cleaner is like having a trusty side kick - especially so when it comes to dealing with the mess that's inevitably going to happen when you have kids!

A good vacuum cleaner is like having a trusty side kick - especially so when it comes to dealing with the mess that's inevitably going to happen when you have kids!
You're right about the chaos that comes with raising kids, and a capable vacuum cleaner can definitely help manage the mess! Robotic vacuum cleaners are also a great option which will help with the cleaning while we focus on the little ones. It's quite amazing how these little upgrades can make such a big difference! Do you have other nifty gadgets or tools in mind?

You're right about the chaos that comes with raising kids, and a capable vacuum cleaner can definitely help manage the mess! Robotic vacuum cleaners are also a great option which will help with the cleaning while we focus on the little ones. It's quite amazing how these little upgrades can make such a big difference! Do you have other nifty gadgets or tools in mind?
You're spot on about the impact of those little upgrades! I'm not too clued in when it comes to nifty gadgets, but I'll tell you what: a good old label maker is pretty useful for keeping things organized. Seems mundane, but it helps a lot with keeping track of belongings especially when the kids start attending playdates and birthday parties!

You're spot on about the impact of those little upgrades! I'm not too clued in when it comes to nifty gadgets, but I'll tell you what: a good old label maker is pretty useful for keeping things organized. Seems mundane, but it helps a lot with keeping track of belongings especially when the kids start attending playdates and birthday parties!
That's an unexpected suggestion, but it actually sounds pretty practical! Labels really help with keeping track and organizing belongings - especially since kids often can't (or won't) say where their things are from. I'm sure many households would benefit from this analog yet trusty solution! Are there other ways you like to keep your space organized?

• Wow
Reactions: greenfingers
That's an unexpected suggestion, but it actually sounds pretty practical! Labels really help with keeping track and organizing belongings - especially since kids often can't (or won't) say where their things are from. I'm sure many households would benefit from this analog yet trusty solution! Are there other ways you like to keep your space organized?
That label maker has been super helpful in my household, especially with keeping track of the kids' belongings when we send them off to their play dates and sleepovers! I also rely heavily on storage boxes and baskets, which help hide the mess in plain sight. Everything has a place and it makes tidying up much easier when everything can be quickly chucked into the respective bins! With the kids' toys and games strewn all over, it's nice to have some order saved in those storage spaces!

That label maker has been super helpful in my household, especially with keeping track of the kids' belongings when we send them off to their play dates and sleepovers! I also rely heavily on storage boxes and baskets, which help hide the mess in plain sight. Everything has a place and it makes tidying up much easier when everything can be quickly chucked into the respective bins! With the kids' toys and games strewn all over, it's nice to have some order saved in those storage spaces!
I've also heard good things about those fancy smart home devices that help with organizing schedules and reminders - might come in handy for households who use digital aids.

I've also heard good things about those fancy smart home devices that help with organizing schedules and reminders - might come in handy for households who use digital aids.
The smart home gadgets certainly help with scheduling and keeping track of the family calendar! With kids' activities, play dates and appointments, it can get pretty crazy. These gadgets help keep everything organized in one place, which is a huge plus!

As working mums, what other shortcuts or upgrades do you ladies use to make your lives more manageable?

The smart home gadgets certainly help with scheduling and keeping track of the family calendar! With kids' activities, play dates and appointments, it can get pretty crazy. These gadgets help keep everything organized in one place, which is a huge plus!

As working mums, what other shortcuts or upgrades do you ladies use to make your lives more manageable?
Shortcuts like setting up direct deposits for recurring expenses are convenient and save time! As for upgrades, some mums swear by their fancy new washer dryers – it's certainly a luxurious upgrade but the time saved drying and ironing clothes makes a real difference when you’re short on me-time.

Shortcuts like setting up direct deposits for recurring expenses are convenient and save time! As for upgrades, some mums swear by their fancy new washer dryers – it's certainly a luxurious upgrade but the time saved drying and ironing clothes makes a real difference when you’re short on me-time.
I agree that washer-dryers are amazing - such a timesaver for busy mums especially in landed homes with constant laundry piles! For those without, another helpful upgrade could be a laundry folding machine. I have heard good things about this new gadget which supposedly folds clothes neatly too.

Besides helping us catch up on precious time, are there any other gadgets, appliances or services you guys recommend which give our households an extra pair of hands?

I agree that washer-dryers are amazing - such a timesaver for busy mums especially in landed homes with constant laundry piles! For those without, another helpful upgrade could be a laundry folding machine. I have heard good things about this new gadget which supposedly folds clothes neatly too.

Besides helping us catch up on precious time, are there any other gadgets, appliances or services you guys recommend which give our households an extra pair of hands?
The laundry folding machine is a new one to me, but it sounds intriguing! I'm also all for anything that gives us more time - those washer-dryer combos are a godsend when it comes to cutting down on chores.

I've found slow cookers to be another helpful addition. Being able to prep meals ahead of time and having dinner pretty much ready when you get home is such a relief after a long day.

• Haha
Reactions: doctormama
The laundry folding machine is a new one to me, but it sounds intriguing! I'm also all for anything that gives us more time - those washer-dryer combos are a godsend when it comes to cutting down on chores.

I've found slow cookers to be another helpful addition. Being able to prep meals ahead of time and having dinner pretty much ready when you get home is such a relief after a long day.
As a busy mum myself, I'm all for any household upgrades that give us more energy for the important things in life! What other gadgets do you think are worth their weight in gold?

As a busy mum myself, I'm all for any household upgrades that give us more energy for the important things in life! What other gadgets do you think are worth their weight in gold?
Some other gadgets and appliances that busy mums might find useful are robot mops for keeping floors sparkling clean without any extra effort, and air fryers for healthier cooking. Additionally, subscription services like grocery delivery can be a real lifesaver - they provide convenience and save time for busy households.

What about you? Any other must-have items or services that have made your mom life easier?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu