• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Milestones to Celebrate

Yes, isn't it satisfying to see the results of all the efforts you've put in, finally paying off?

For me, it was especially gratifying when he said "mummy" too -- after what felt like an eternity of babbling and incomprehensible toddler talk! It's a unique feeling when you know they're slowly learning to verbalize their wants and needs.
It is satisfying to see your hard work bear fruit! The first few steps and words are milestones we as parents cherish because they signify our children's incredible developmental progress. As mums, we play crucial roles in fostering these advancements, from encouraging that first tottering step to patiently awaiting and reinforcing those initial sounds and words. It's a heartwarming experience to witness these achievements and know you've contributed to them!

Yes, isn't it satisfying to see the results of all the efforts you've put in, finally paying off?

For me, it was especially gratifying when he said "mummy" too -- after what felt like an eternity of babbling and incomprehensible toddler talk! It's a unique feeling when you know they're slowly learning to verbalize their wants and needs.
Yes it's like a lightbulb moment when all your teachings finally click! And that's rewarding in itself. As parents, we just hope they continue talking to us when they're older haha!

It is rewarding to see the fruits of our labour and patience! Toddlerhood is such a cute stage; they're like little sponges absorbing everything around them. I'm finding myself enjoying the simplicity of milestones these days because, before we know it, they're grown-ups with minds of their own!

That's really sweet! I love how you guys celebrated your daughter's achievement with a well-deserved reward. It's these little victories that make parenthood so meaningful.

Many parents, including me, look forward to their children learning how to read. While it's a long journey, being able to pick up books and 'read' to you is a satisfying milestone. I recall having all the time in the world to indulge in storytime and foster early literacy skills when my older one was little; it's a precious memory.

As for my younger one, his current enthusiasm for puzzles has me awaiting the day he puts together his first difficult puzzle independently. He's still working on his patience though!
I feel you! It's these small yet significant milestones that we as parents look forward to, because they represent the growth and development our children achieve at their own pace. We just want them to reach those goals and develop new skills. It's heartwarming when all the little successes come together to form this huge milestone of reading -- being able to pick up a book and immerse oneself in the story is a wonderful skill to have!

That's really sweet! I love how you guys celebrated your daughter's achievement with a well-deserved reward. It's these little victories that make parenthood so meaningful.

Many parents, including me, look forward to their children learning how to read. While it's a long journey, being able to pick up books and 'read' to you is a satisfying milestone. I recall having all the time in the world to indulge in storytime and foster early literacy skills when my older one was little; it's a precious memory.

As for my younger one, his current enthusiasm for puzzles has me awaiting the day he puts together his first difficult puzzle independently. He's still working on his patience though!
It seems like you have been saving all the happy memories of your children growing up and celebrating their milestones! It's heartwarming to hear how you respond to these joyous occasions with rewards and celebrations, big or small.

As your kiddo develops their newfound skills and hobbies, it's only natural to want to encourage and nourish them. I'm sure he will surprise you with his progress one day! Do share the happy moment with us when he completes his first difficult puzzle.

It sure is the little things that count! It's heartwarming to witness our children grow and pick up new skills -- like a homely, slow-cooked meal that warms the soul versus a fast-food fix.

Your younger one sounds so adorable! Enjoy these moments while they last!

You're right about the excitement levelled at every little achievement, looking back, there's a sense of nostalgia for those bygone days! The first time our children start putting words together is such a cute phase; it goes by so quickly! Congrats on your daughter's handwriting milestone - that's a fine motor skill accomplishment worth celebrating with a special dinner!
It's the pride and sense of wonderment that makes these small achievements so heartwarming. The firsts in a child's life are truly memorable!

The excitement of achieving each milestone is very rewarding as a parent. My daughter taking an interest in her very first book and enjoying the illustrations was a special moment for me - it meant so much to have her snuggle up close while I read to her, though at that age she had no idea what the words said! It's these fond memories that make parenthood such a joy!

it's these little achievements that bring such joy and make every parent proud! It's wonderful to celebrate each child's unique milestones and watch them grow and develop at their own pace. Does anyone have any other memorable milestones they'd like to share? They need not be big, as the little ones are often the most heartwarming!
Another one would be losing the first tooth! It's a sign of a major milestone - growing up and entering the world of elementary school and new adventures. My older one was so excited about the Tooth Fairy and her rewards, and it was adorable to witness his anticipation and excitement. He checked under his pillow every morning for days!

You're right about the excitement levelled at every little achievement, looking back, there's a sense of nostalgia for those bygone days! The first time our children start putting words together is such a cute phase; it goes by so quickly! Congrats on your daughter's handwriting milestone - that's a fine motor skill accomplishment worth celebrating with a special dinner!
I agree, these occasions are the perfect opportunities to create lasting memories as well. Something as simple as choosing a family meal to celebrate a milestone can be quite fun!

Yup, that milestone is worth bragging about! It's these moments where we can look back on their progress and see the fruits of our efforts in teaching them. Well, it's off to nostalgia lane for me too then! But meanwhile, I've got another milestone to look forward to-- potty training. Here's hoping it goes well!

You're right; the phases go too quickly! One minute, we're celebrating first sounds and next thing you know, they're forming full sentences! I find myself occasionally missing those adorable toddler days, which were so busy but also oh-so-cute. Each stage has its unique charm; parenthood is filled with so many lovely surprises like these!

It brings a lot of joy to see the results of their efforts. As mums, we look forward to teaching them and showing them new things, and it's especially heartwarming when they achieve something on their own for the first time! I still cherish those cute toddler gibberish days, but it's also exciting to witness their language development every step of the way. My daughter recently started stringing four-word sentences together, so we've been working on her favourite book, which she now "reads" to her baby brother. That's been a fun milestone!

it's these little achievements that bring such joy and make every parent proud! It's wonderful to celebrate each child's unique milestones and watch them grow and develop at their own pace. Does anyone have any other memorable milestones they'd like to share? They need not be big, as the little ones are often the most heartwarming!
You're right; it's the small, heartwarming moments that bring the most joy! I'll never forget the first time my son gave me a hug and a kiss spontaneously. It was completely unprompted, and he just ran up to me, threw his arms around my neck, and gave me a squishy kiss on the cheek. That definitely made my day, and I cherish those random acts of affection!

Some parents would appreciate this: Finally getting your kids potty-trained is a huge milestone! It's an understated yet substantial achievement, marking the end of nappy changes and the start of independence. That newfound freedom from frequent diaper changes is a relief!

I also think it's heartwarming when our kids suddenly display empathy and understanding, especially towards other people's feelings. Learning to care and share is a big deal too!

My five-year-old has recently taken an interest in saving money. He understands the value of coins now and insists on helping with the grocery bills by adding up the change. It's such a sweet, unexpected surprise, having him help out like a little accountant! We're proud of his newfound responsibility, which seems like a milestone we didn't see coming! It's these quirky, individual interests that make kids so charming.

The first time my son performed in a school concert was a proud moment for me. He was so nervous, but seeing him up on stage, confidently playing his instrument, melted my heart. All the days of music practice finally came together! It's a memory I cherish because of the sheer pride and accomplishment written across his face.

You're right; those little achievements are worth celebrating! They showcase the kind of growth that comes with being attentive and intentional in parenting. It's lovely when you can look back at those milestones and appreciate how much effort your child has been putting into their development. It's a great feeling to witness their progress, isn't it?
It is satisfying to have all the hard work and dedication pay off! It may not always seem like it, but every little thing we do contributes to their growth in some way or another, and milestones are reminders of the purposeful parenting journey. So yes, it's a great feeling to witness those tangible markers of development.

Yes, it's these little victories that make way for proud parent moments! Celebrating them is a great way to appreciate the hard work and milestones, big or small. Some may see them as mundane, but us parents know the sheer joy and pride behind every one of these achievements!
they are not mundane at all! Every parent will agree that these 'little' achievements are giant leaps for our children and it's only fitting to celebrate them accordingly. Well done, moms & dads, keep up the good work!

Yes, it's these little victories that make way for proud parent moments! Celebrating them is a great way to appreciate the hard work and milestones, big or small. Some may see them as mundane, but us parents know the sheer joy and pride behind every one of these achievements!
Absolutely! These "mundane" milestones are the ones who sneak up on you and become precious memories in retrospect. They're so significant in our children's development that it fills us with overwhelming pride and joy, no matter how small they may seem. Seeing your child hit these milestones is part of the wonderful journey of parenthood.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu