• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Milestones to Celebrate

I enjoyed hearing my son say meaningful sentences. Not just the generic one-word replies like "yes" and "no", but when he started stringing words together to express opinions and thoughts. Like many kids his age, he'd often come out with deep insights that show how much he's been paying attention to adult conversations, or crack wise unexpectedly.

I anticipate the day he'll hit double digits in age. Double figures always seem like a big deal to me, and I plan to celebrate it with a big, lavish party so he can look back on it as a memorable milestone. I'm sure many parents can relate - each stage comes with its own unique challenges and joys, but that one seems like such a clear demarcation line for childhood.
You seem pretty excited about your plans for his double-digit birthday! It's nice to have something specific to look forward to and plan a fun celebration, especially one that you hope he'll look back on fondly. That's a great way to mark that milestone!

For me, I'm most anticipateing the stage where my little one becomes more independent, develops his sense of judgment, and learns how to navigate social situations. Being able to step back and watch him make decisions and form opinions, especially seeing how they reflect our values and aspirations as parents, is something I look forward to.

I enjoyed hearing my son say meaningful sentences. Not just the generic one-word replies like "yes" and "no", but when he started stringing words together to express opinions and thoughts. Like many kids his age, he'd often come out with deep insights that show how much he's been paying attention to adult conversations, or crack wise unexpectedly.

I anticipate the day he'll hit double digits in age. Double figures always seem like a big deal to me, and I plan to celebrate it with a big, lavish party so he can look back on it as a memorable milestone. I'm sure many parents can relate - each stage comes with its own unique challenges and joys, but that one seems like such a clear demarcation line for childhood.
You're right about the sense of achievement that comes with witnessing your children hit those meaningful milestones. It's fascinating to think how much they absorb from conversations, isn't it? Their wit and depth of feeling can really take us by surprise!

The double digits age does sound like a significant one; it marks their entry into the next phase of childhood, and it's exciting to see what new interests and behaviors these older preschool years bring. A lavish party sounds like a wonderful idea to mark that milestone!

That's true; meaningful sentences are a fun milestone! It's adorable how they pick up on adult conversations and join in, often surprising us with their insights. A memorable landmark

I'm curious to hear what unique challenges and joys you've found during your parenting journey hit the double-digit ages - seeming like quite an adventure!

It's a special moment when our kids start expressing themselves more articulately! It's intriguing to hear their logic and observations after all the behind-the-scene efforts we've put in to cultivate their speech.

A big lavish party sounds fun! It's wonderful to have milestones marked with such special memories and photos to look back on too. It's a great idea to celebrate these big demarcation lines as they grow up!

I feel you! Meaningful conversations is what I'm looking forward to too. There's a certain charm in the way young kids string random thoughts together, though! As for the double digits, it definitely marks their entry into a new stage of independence and awareness - a great phase to look forward to. It's nice to celebrate these milestones and reflect on how much our little ones have grown.

hearing him say "mummy" for the first time would've been so adorable!! I can't wait for my son to reach that stage where he can converse properly because he's currently at the difficult toddler stage, talking gibberish most of the time! Milestones are exciting for us moms!
I know what you mean! The gibberish phase can be frustrating when you're trying to understand their needs, but it's also adorable in its own way. Enjoy these moments, they grow up fast! soon he'll be speaking clearly and expressing his wants and thoughts, which is equally exhausting in a different way 😂

That's a precious moment to cherish forever! For me, it's always exciting to see kids taking on new challenges and achieving them, like learning a new skill or understanding a concept. It's an amazing display of their cognitive growth, isn't it? I find myself enjoying those little victories too, like when my toddler master a new puzzle or learns how to dress herself. These milestones and the associated memories are so rewarding!
You're right; it's captivating to witness our children picking up new skills and comprehending fresh concepts, signs of cognitive growth and development! The look of triumph on their faces is priceless. They seem to gain a new kind of confidence too! These achievements certainly bring joy and satisfaction to our parenting journey.

That's a precious moment to cherish forever! For me, it's always exciting to see kids taking on new challenges and achieving them, like learning a new skill or understanding a concept. It's an amazing display of their cognitive growth, isn't it? I find myself enjoying those little victories too, like when my toddler master a new puzzle or learns how to dress herself. These milestones and the associated memories are so rewarding!
it's these little achievements that often go unnoticed by outsiders but mean the world to us parents! The feeling of pride is immense and warms our hearts, especially when we've encouraged and guided them along the way. Well said, momma! Are you also looking forward to any specific milestones that you want your little one to reach?

it's these little wins that make parenting fulfilling!(oops... Habitually slip-up :p ) It's pleasing to see your persistent coaching and encouragement paying off. The determination and pride on their little faces during these milestones make all the challenging bits of parenthood worth it!

You're right; it's the little victories that make motherhood worthwhile! The joy and excitement from witnessing their developmental milestones, no matter how minor, put a smile on our faces as parents. It's fascinating to see them grow and learn, especially when they accomplish something after weeks or months of practice!

hearing him say "mummy" for the first time would've been so adorable!! I can't wait for my son to reach that stage where he can converse properly because he's currently at the difficult toddler stage, talking gibberish most of the time! Milestones are exciting for us moms!
it's a very heartwarming and special moment when they start stringing sentences together meaningfully! The toddler phase can certainly be challenging, but it's also a cute age where their personalities develop and they absorb so much around them. Your little one will be chatting you up before you know it, and it's exciting to think about the type of little person they're becoming!

You're right; it's these small wins that make us appreciate the hard work that goes into each developmental stage! It's fascinating how observant kids are, picking up cues and skills despite our suspicions that they aren't paying attention! The memory of these achievements brings tears of joy to our eyes, especially when we realise the effort our children put into reaching them.

They grow up fast, don't they? Before we know it, they're not little babies anymore. Enjoy the journey; it's a precious phase when they're young! Toddler talk is adorable and hilarious - enjoy the cute gibberish while it lasts 😊

Ya, milestones mark those major progress in our children's lives! I look forward to the day my boy can finally express himself clearly. Gibberish is cute but hard to understand his needs sometimes haha. The independence displayed during mobility milestone is a sight to behold! It's amazing how each child has their timeline and pace for achieving these milestones and that's such a fascinating journey to discover.

it's a cute phase you're looking forward to! Gibberish has its own charm though - like they're sharing secret codes only you two can understand. There's always something exciting around the corner; I find that milestones are often more about the memories and experiences leading up to them and how they shape your relationship with your little one.

Yes, isn't it satisfying to see the results of all the efforts you've put in, finally paying off?

For me, it was especially gratifying when he said "mummy" too -- after what felt like an eternity of babbling and incomprehensible toddler talk! It's a unique feeling when you know they're slowly learning to verbalize their wants and needs.
It is rewarding to see the fruits of our labour and love! The first few times feel extra special because everything is so new and precious. I remember feeling that way with my son's first smiles and words, like he was giving me special glimpses into his little world. It's also those times when they achieve something you've been patiently teaching them, like potty training, and they finally get it! It's such a proud mummy moment.

I agree, those little achievements are big milestones that deserve celebration! They represent the hard work and progress of our children. It's exciting to see them develop and form their personalities! It's like we're in for lots of little surprises along parenthood.
it is very fulfilling to witness our kids grow, literally overnight at times! Parenthood certainly keeps us on our toes with all the unexpected (and often, unexpected!) turns. You mentioned celebrating milestones-- aside from the usual birthday and anniversary parties, I like to mark these milestones with little rewards that my child can look forward to. A small toy or a special treat will do. How about you?

I agree, those little achievements are big milestones that deserve celebration! They represent the hard work and progress of our children. It's exciting to see them develop and form their personalities! It's like we're in for lots of little surprises along parenthood.
it's these little surprises that keep parenthood interesting and fulfilling. You never know what cute or insightful thing they'll do or say next! These milestones often seem mundane but are the ones you look back on fondly.

it's these small triumphs that make parenting such a joy! I find myself constantly amazed at how much personality kids can have, even from a young age. And each one is so different! Their unique characteristics and interests develop, and it's wonderful to witness them discovering their passions. It's like raising little individuals with their own minds, which is fascinating. The surprises keep on coming!

parenting is full of surprises, each more exhilarating than the last! It's a wonderful feeling to navigate these milestones with our little ones; they grow up so quickly!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu