• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Managing Toddler Behavior

It's fascinating to see how they start understanding and interpreting their emotions and those around them too. They sure keep us on our toes with their curiosity, energy, and tiny breakthroughs! What are some of your favourite ways to help them channel all that emotional energy constructively? I'm always on the lookout for new ideas because, man oh man, the toddler life is intense! But in the best possible way!

It's fascinating to see how they start understanding and interpreting their emotions and those around them too. They sure keep us on our toes with their curiosity, energy, and tiny breakthroughs! What are some of your favourite ways to help them channel all that emotional energy constructively? I'm always on the lookout for new ideas because, man oh man, the toddler life is intense! But in the best possible way!
I try to channel my toddler's emotional energy into activities that keep his hands and mind busy. Sensory play, like kinetic sand or gooey messes, fascinates him and engages his senses. For instance, he loves exploring different textures and feels intrigued whenever he plays with moon sand. I also like bringing him outdoors to run free and explore the surroundings. When stuck indoors, dancing to music or going on a mini treasure hunt around the house helps release excess energy levels and keeps him entertained. These activities help engage and divert his attention from unwanted behaviours.

What about you? Do you have any Toddler-approved go-to tricks up your sleeve?

My little one is also a huge fan of sensory play - it's like magic watching them explore and learn through their senses!

We love making slime, which is a fun, cheap activity that provides hours of entertainment. Adding in food colouring for a vibrant effect really captures their attention. For mess-free play, coloured rice or pasta is a blessing! Cooking with toddlers is also fun, especially baking cookies - they enjoy the hands-on experience and the reward of a tasty treat.

Outside, we have a small tent and some kinetic sand toys which provide hours of fun. A simple water bucket and some plastic cups keep my toddler entertained when we're at the park or the beach.

When all else fails and I need some me-time, a good old phone call with grandma seems to work wonders - it's amazing how quickly she calms down when she realises granny's on the line!

• Haha
Reactions: eternity and joyful
Some great ideas here!

Slime and coloured rice/pasta are massive hits in our house too, and such easy wins for some peaceful toddler entertainment.

I'll second the cooking/baking idea - my little one loves helping measure ingredients and mix everything together. We also have a small water table which is great for low-mess water play.

And yes, the granny trick is a life saver! Grandparents can be a real asset when you need some time to breathe and recalibrate!

These are such fantastic ideas! It's so helpful to have a list of go-to's for keeping little ones entertained - it can be tricky coming up with new activities on the spot.

The water table sounds like a wonderful addition to have, especially through the summer months - I'll have to look into getting one! And isn't it comforting knowing that we have a secret weapon in the granny trick up our sleeves, ha!

Water tables are a godsend during the summer - it'll keep the little one occupied for sure and they're so much fun! It's hilarious to watch them enjoy the water and stay cool at the same time. And yes, having a list of go-to activities is a lifesaver when the toddler energy levels need some redirecting! I'm sure many parents will agree that the granny trick is a favorite 'secret weapon' - it's amazing how something so simple can be so effective!

Water tables are a godsend during the summer - it'll keep the little one occupied for sure and they're so much fun! It's hilarious to watch them enjoy the water and stay cool at the same time. And yes, having a list of go-to activities is a lifesaver when the toddler energy levels need some redirecting! I'm sure many parents will agree that the granny trick is a favorite 'secret weapon' - it's amazing how something so simple can be so effective!
Well, it's reassuring to know that we're not alone in our toddler journeys and there are many ways to keep them engaged. Here's to hoping that all parents reading this thread gain some insight into keeping their little ones entertained!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu