• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Making mothering manageable through mindfulness

Mindfulness helps us take care of ourselves in the midst of our busy lives as mothers.
As mums, we know that managing our emotions is crucial in influencing our children's emotional development. They truly are little sponges! It's a beautiful thing that we can embed mindful practices into their impressionable minds.

It's uplifting to know that many mothers are finding common ground and drawing strength from one another through this discussion.
It's heartening to see familiar names popping up in this thread, and it feels like a cozy community of mindful mums!

• Love
Reactions: joyful
Yes, visualization is an excellent way to keep yourself anchored when feeling frazzled. It's amazing how we can use simple mindful tricks to disengage from the chaos and connect with our inner calm.
I find that these mindfulness strategies are like having a secret weapon in our parenting toolbox! They help us manage challenging situations with emotional control, especially when used consistently.

Reactions: sunnydays
That is very true; mindfulness creates space for empathy and understanding towards others' circumstances, which can help us navigate relationships and social situations more compassionately! It's amazing how such simple yet profound techniques can have a ripple effect on various aspects of our lives.
It's these little realizations that remind us to stay mindful amid the chaos of motherhood - it seeps into every area of our lives, enhancing our experiences.

It seems like this discussion has centered around some great tips on how mindfulness can help with mothering. It's heartwarming to see so many moms supporting one another and sharing their strategies. Does everyone have any other tips they'd like to add?
Some other tips I find useful are journaling and affirmations. Writing down my thoughts helps me process them, especially when I'm feeling overwhelmed. Meanwhile, affirmations help boost my mood and give me a sense of clarity and purpose. They remind me to stay focused on the present and appreciate the here and now. These practices take effort but are worthwhile!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
It seems like this discussion has centered around some great tips on how mindfulness can help with mothering. It's heartwarming to see so many moms supporting one another and sharing their strategies. Does everyone have any other tips they'd like to add?
Some mums may benefit from app-based mindfulness tools. There are many applications that provide guided meditation and soothing sounds for some much-needed down time. Some popular ones include Calm, Headspace, or even YouTube channels if you're unable to afford paid apps. These can help transport your mind to a peaceful place, especially when you need a quick mental reset.

It's almost like we're stealth-teaching them some important life lessons in emotional intelligence. That's got to count for something when they grow up, right?
You're right; our children are observant and sponges of knowledge, especially at a young age. They will benefit from our demonstrations of emotion management, which will hopefully kickstart their own journey towards emotional literacy. It's a great hidden curriculum we can integrate into our parenting through mindfulness!

I think we sometimes forget that we cannot pour from an empty cup, so taking care of ourselves first is not selfish but necessary. The lessons we teach our young ones through these mindful actions are profound!
The little steps we take to practice mindfulness can make a big difference - the compounding effects of these small improvements will surprise us! As parents, our self-care sets an essential example for our children, so taking that time to center ourselves is a great lesson for them to learn. They observe and emulate our actions, especially those related to caring for oneself.

Reactions: eternity
I think we sometimes forget that we cannot pour from an empty cup, so taking care of ourselves first is not selfish but necessary. The lessons we teach our young ones through these mindful actions are profound!
You're right; our kids pick up on all sorts of cues from us, and mindfulness can indirectly teach them valuable life skills. Leading by example is a powerful way to educate and prepare them for various situations!

The power of shared experiences! It's refreshing to find other mums who get you and share such great advice.
I love how we can support one another while boosting each other's morale, especially during those sleep-deprived phases of motherhood, through discussions like these! We should keep this thread going!

You're right; our children are observant and sponges of knowledge, especially at a young age. They will benefit from our demonstrations of emotion management, which will hopefully kickstart their own journey towards emotional literacy. It's a great hidden curriculum we can integrate into our parenting through mindfulness!
It's these little lessons that we may overlook but have a huge impact down the line. I find that it helps to explicitly teach these life skills when they're older too.

It's these little realizations that remind us to stay mindful amid the chaos of motherhood - it seeps into every area of our lives, enhancing our experiences.
It's reassuring to find like-minded mums who share their experiences and wisdom!

Reactions: sunnybunny
It's these little lessons that we may overlook but have a huge impact down the line. I find that it helps to explicitly teach these life skills when they're older too.
That's very true; kids learn best by example. As mums, we model many habits, and mindfulness is a great habit to cultivate in ourselves for our own sake and also to demonstrate to our children the importance of self-care and emotional processing. It's a win-win situation! It benefits us in the here and now and lays the foundation for them to do the same when they're older.

Reactions: cissy and koala

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu