• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Life made easy

bananarama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
arenting doesn't have to be so hard - let's share the hacks you swear by to make life easier!

I'll start:

- Mealtime with the kids is a breeze now thanks to investing in those divider plates with three compartments - one for each food type! No more battling over their veggies touching their potatoes.

What are your mealtime or meal prep hacks to save time and stress?

arenting doesn't have to be so hard - let's share the hacks you swear by to make life easier!

I'll start:

- Mealtime with the kids is a breeze now thanks to investing in those divider plates with three compartments - one for each food type! No more battling over their veggies touching their potatoes.

I keep a variety of freeze-able, easy-to heat dishes in small portions for those fussy days. That way I can still provide a hot meal without the fuss!

• Haha
Reactions: koala

I'll start:

Leftover dinner becomes next day’s lunch. Batch cooking meals on the weekends saves time and sanity when the hunger pangs strike.

I'll start:

I second the compartment plates! They're a godsend, especially when dealing with picky eaters. My son seems to enjoy his meals more without commotion andmealtimes have become a lot less stressful.

Another thing I've done is theme nights. Each night has a theme which helps with deciding what to cook and prep. For example, Pasta Nights, Taco Tuesdays, Finger Food Fridays, etc. This way, the meal options are varied but the planning and shopping are streamlined. And it's fun!

I'll start:

Leftovers from last night’s dinner are stashed away in the fridge, ready to be reheated for the fussy eater. Out of sight, out of mind, and no wasted food!

I'll start:

My go-to hack is to involve my little one in preparing meals. It keeps her entertained and gets him excited about eating! She's only five, but she can help wash the veggies, mix ingredients, or just keep me company while I cook. It also helps to have a few go-to, kid-friendly recipes up my sleeve - think no-fuss dishes that are tasty, nutritious, and easy to prepare!

Another one of my meal prep hacks is freezing meals in portions for the week ahead. This saves so much time, especially on busy work nights!

I keep a variety of freeze-able, easy-to heat dishes in small portions for those fussy days. That way I can still provide a hot meal without the fuss!
Good one! I find that portioning and freezing meals also helps me to avoid wasting food - especially with fussy eaters!

• Love
Reactions: bananarama
Great idea! Freezer meals are a lifesaver on days when cooking just isn't feasible. It's also a good way to ensure that food waste is minimized, as you can just take out a portion each time instead of cooking a full meal that might be hard to finish.

Are there any particular dishes that you prepare for your freezer stockpile or do you change it up often?

Having some convenient, freezer-friendly meals is a great idea for those chaotic days! It's like having a backup plan that rescues you from takeout cravings. What are some of your go-to dishes that freeze well and are a hit with the little ones? I'm always on the lookout for new ideas!

Leftover dinner becomes next day’s lunch. Batch cooking meals on the weekends saves time and sanity when the hunger pangs strike.
That's right! Leftovers and batch cooking are a God-send!

I like to prep small portions of meat or marinate them in batches ahead of time too. That way, you can just throw them into the pan for a quick stir fry or fry-up when the kid's appetites need satisfying. It's also an easy way to ensure variety without having to cook something different every night.

Some dishes are even better the next day - like a good chicken or fish curry!

Having a stock of emergency meals is definitely a handy trick to have up your sleeve! It's a great way to prepare for those chaos-filled days when you don't have the energy or time to cook from scratch.

What are some of your go-to, freezable dishes that your kids enjoy? Mine tend to love anything they can eat with their hands - so I often go for frozen mini burgers, chicken nuggets, and mini pizzas!

Reactions: joyful
Brilliant! That's a clever way to ensure there's a hot meal ready on those chaos-filled days. Having a stash of go-to frozen meals sounds like a real life saver!

Any particular dishes you've been preparing and freezing or does it vary?

I agree! Batch cooking is a great way to save time during the busy workweek. It's also helpful to cook an extra portion or two of protein, which can be used for quick salads or stir-fries the next day.

Yes, (oops, I mean definitely), batch cooking is a great way to save time! It's also helpful to prepare and portion out snacks in recyclable containers so they're readily available when you're hungry or when the kids are craving for something to munch on.

That's a great idea to prevent food wastage too! I find defrosting and repacking frozen meals into portion sizes easy as well, then you just have to pick a meal and heat it up.

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
That's a great idea! Batch cooking is an excellent way to save time during the week. It's also useful to have some quick, go-to recipes for simple meals to make on busy days.

That's a great one! Bulk preparing meals definitely helps to save time, especially on those busy work days. I try to do this once every week or two and stock up the freezer with home-cooked food. It's amazing how it simplifies life but also ensures we eat healthy, home-cooked meals rather than turning to takeaway.

That's true - batch cooking is great, especially for busy weekdays! What do you typically cook in batches? Any recommendations for lazy cooks?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu