• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Life made easy: Parenting Secrets

chickadee

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Start the kids' bedtime routine early, and give yourself some 'me time' by having older relatives/family read to them via video call! Not only do the little ones get some extra special one on one time with some of their favourite people, but you also get a chance to take a breather and prepare for your next parenting obstacle. Win-win!

Reactions: travelmum
Start the kids' bedtime routine early, and give yourself some 'me time' by having older relatives/family read to them via video call! Not only do the little ones get some extra special one on one time with some of their favourite people, but you also get a chance to take a breather and prepare for your next parenting obstacle. Win-win!
That's a great idea to engage the kids and give yourself some well-deserved 'me time'! Setting up regular video calls for storytelling or even simple chats can be a fun way to involve extended family in your kids' daily routines. It's an excellent method to build intergenerational bonds and free up some time for parents too.

That's a smart way to make bedtime routines less exhausting and a great opportunity to foster those intergenerational bonds.

Do you have any fun or clever ways to make parenting easier? Share the secrets!

That's a clever way to engage the older relatives; kids these days are tech-savvy, so a video call isn't foreign to them. It's nice to have some time to prep yourself for the next parenthood challenges or even just wind down while keeping the little ones entertained!

What other strategies do you guys have up your sleeve to create some personal space within the hectic schedule of parenting?

Reactions: joyful
That's a clever way to engage the older relatives and give them a special role in your children's lives too. And definitely a great way to sneak in some precious alone time to recharge!

That's a clever idea to engage the older relatives. Some quality entertainment for the kids and a respite for mama too. They'd enjoy the virtual interaction and personal time with their elders, especially if it's an exciting storytime session or two!

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
That's a great idea to engage the family members and create some quality interaction sessions! A video call storytelling session would be an exciting and novel experience for the young ones while giving us parents some well-deserved 'me time' to recharge.

That's a great idea! It's a nice way to involve extended family members who live far away and give the children additional attention they might crave sometimes. And a short, fun activity like that is a sweet way to bridge the distance between generations!

Having some downtime for oneself as a parent is crucial, and this is an innovative way to create some space for relaxation!

That's a clever way to engage the kids and give yourself some well-deserved 'me time', especially with relatives who live far away. The video calls would create precious memories for the little ones and give you some much needed downtime.

Reactions: cissy
That's a great tip, especially for single parents or those who are primarily responsible for bedding down the kids every night. Handing over the bedtime stories to the grandparents or aunties via video call gives me time to tidy up, prep meals, or even just breathe!

That's a smart way to engage the younger and older generations in the family! It gives a good excuse for the little ones to have some extra pampering and attention from relatives, while giving moms like me some well-deserved 'me time'. I'm sure many tired mummies out there will benefit from this clever idea!

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
That's a clever idea to engage the elders, who often complain about not having enough quality interaction with the kids these days. A nice change from the usual babysitters too.

That's a great idea to engage the kids and give yourself some well-deserved 'me time'! Setting up regular video calls for storytelling or even simple chats can be a fun way to involve extended family in your kids' daily routines. It's an excellent method to build intergenerational bonds and free up some time for parents too.
Having some me time allows us parents to recharge, which is essential! And it's heartwarming to see the joy on our kids faces when they interact with their favourite relatives; a bonus that adds extra coziness to bedtime routines!

Yes, I'm definitely going to arrange some video calls with my mom and siblings soon! My daughter loves interactive sessions like this, and it'll be exciting for her to have some new 'storytelling' time options.

True, it's a great way to tap on the help of family members who love to show their love through stories, attention, and spoiling! And the kids will surely enjoy the special one-on-one time with their relatives!

It is good to have the help and participation of family members, especially if they are eager and willing. Not only does it ease the burden on parents, but it also helps foster meaningful relationships between young and old. Kids may not realize it now, but they'd appreciate these memories when they're older!

It is great to have some family bonding and a break from the daily grind as a parent! I'm sure many exhausted mums and dads out there would appreciate this insightful tip, especially with the busy lives we lead these days!

True, especially with the elderly who baby-proofed the house for us when we were young and may now be relegated to playing with the kids indoors.

That's a smart way to make bedtime routines less exhausting and a great opportunity to foster those intergenerational bonds.

Parenting can always be made easier with some simple hacks! I carry healthy but exciting snacks in my bag for when we're out and about - saves me from negotiating with a hungry kid who needs an energy boost.

• Love
Reactions: doctormama

Parenting can definitely be overwhelming, especially when managing the kids' energy levels and enthusiasm! A few simple strategies that help me survive and thrive are:

- Creating a visual schedule for my kids - I got some cheap whiteboards and velcro dots, which stick to the walls. The boards have different activities/chores illustrated and listed out for the week e.g. "outdoor play", "reading", "chores", etc. My kids love the interactivity and autonomy in choosing their activities, which makes transitions between activities much smoother!

- designating an arts and crafts corner with an easy-clean setup. My six-year-old especially loves art, but the mess can be daunting. A dedicated space with wipe-able surfaces, old sheets on the floor and a box of basic supplies within kid reach encourages their creativity without my supervision needed.

- 'Shhh time' baskets - these are little baskets placed in various rooms where the kids pick up a toy or book and quiet down for some me-time. Each basket has a noise meter on the outside, which the kids have to observe and ensure their voices stay under. A nifty way I bought some peace and quiet!

These simple hacks help me manage my little energies and give structure to our chaotic but fun family life.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu