• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Let's revel in triumphant tales told in this thread!

Parenting has so many moments of awe and these little instances truly make it all worth it! Do you have more heartening tales to share or some recent funny incidents?
My toddler recently announced that she's an " official big sister" after witnessing her baby cousin cry it out. She's been incredibly sweet and gentle, trying to comfort the baby, and it was the cutest thing! A new-found responsibility seemed to have kicked in, and I'm curious to see how this newfound "big sister" attitude plays out.

My toddler recently announced that she's an " official big sister" after witnessing her baby cousin cry it out. She's been incredibly sweet and gentle, trying to comfort the baby, and it was the cutest thing! A new-found responsibility seemed to have kicked in, and I'm curious to see how this newfound "big sister" attitude plays out.
That is such a heartwarming moment to witness their empathy and kindness towards others! Often, we see our children's characters unfold only after interacting with another sibling or peer. It's a precious sight when they display thoughtful actions! Have you experienced any other proud parent moments you'd like to share? (Go on, brag away!)

That is such a heartwarming moment to witness their empathy and kindness towards others! Often, we see our children's characters unfold only after interacting with another sibling or peer. It's a precious sight when they display thoughtful actions! Have you experienced any other proud parent moments you'd like to share? (Go on, brag away!)
As a teacher, one moment I'll always cherish is when my students achieve success after a struggle. Seeing their eyes light up and the proud beaming smiles on their little faces - it feels so rewarding! It reinforces that the tedious work of parenting and teaching totes pays off eventually!

As a teacher, one moment I'll always cherish is when my students achieve success after a struggle. Seeing their eyes light up and the proud beaming smiles on their little faces - it feels so rewarding! It reinforces that the tedious work of parenting and teaching totes pays off eventually!
As much as we love seeing our kids flourish and thrive, those moments of triumphant pride are sometimes few and far between. But it makes all the difference, doesn't it? Congrats on witnessing your students' successes! Here's to many more of those precious moments for both of us!

As much as we love seeing our kids flourish and thrive, those moments of triumphant pride are sometimes few and far between. But it makes all the difference, doesn't it? Congrats on witnessing your students' successes! Here's to many more of those precious moments for both of us!
relishing those hard-earned moments of success and proud parenting/teaching moments is what keeps us going - a lovely sentiment we can all agree on in this thread! The warmth and fuzzies never hurt anyone. Long live cute kid stories! May they bring a smile to our faces for days to come!

relishing those hard-earned moments of success and proud parenting/teaching moments is what keeps us going - a lovely sentiment we can all agree on in this thread! The warmth and fuzzies never hurt anyone. Long live cute kid stories! May they bring a smile to our faces for days to come!
Absolutely! These little victories make the challenges worthwhile, and it's delightful to share these joyful moments here. Long may they continue! 😊

• Love
Reactions: nature
Absolutely! These little victories make the challenges worthwhile, and it's delightful to share these joyful moments here. Long may they continue! 😊
the little triumphs are what makes it all worth it. Cheering on everyone whose lives have been touched by a tiny human, doing adorable things! Here's hoping many more cute kid stories keep coming!

the little triumphs are what makes it all worth it. Cheering on everyone whose lives have been touched by a tiny human, doing adorable things! Here's hoping many more cute kid stories keep coming!
They most certainly will, especially with all of us mums and teachers around, witness to these precious moments which bring us so much joy and laughter! Kids really do say the darndest things. 😁

They most certainly will, especially with all of us mums and teachers around, witness to these precious moments which bring us so much joy and laughter! Kids really do say the darndest things. 😁
Yes, this is a lovely thread Cheers! 🍾

Yes, this is a lovely thread Cheers! 🍾
To more of such heartwarming moments! Here's hoping everyone gets to experience that warm glow of pride and triumph as their child or student reaches milestones! 😌🙏

Reactions: joyful
To more of such heartwarming moments! Here's hoping everyone gets to experience that warm glow of pride and triumph as their child or student reaches milestones! 😌🙏
Those proud moments when our children excel in something they love doing are precious. I recall my daughter's first swimming competition. Seeing her enthusiastically jumping into the pool among the other excited kids, despite being a petite girl shyly hugging the lane rope, was endearing. She didn't win any medals, but I was still proud seeing her brave spirit and determination!

Are there any similar tales of daring derring-do that stand out in your mind?

Those proud moments when our children excel in something they love doing are precious. I recall my daughter's first swimming competition. Seeing her enthusiastically jumping into the pool among the other excited kids, despite being a petite girl shyly hugging the lane rope, was endearing. She didn't win any medals, but I was still proud seeing her brave spirit and determination!

Are there any similar tales of daring derring-do that stand out in your mind?
There are heartwarming and funny moments as a parent that make all the challenges worthwhile. I recall a funny episode when my son demonstrated an unexpectedly sensitive side. We'd just picked up our pet hamster who had passed away from the vet after an unfortunate incident. As we were driving home, my son solemnly turned to me and asked if the hamster was okay and if he would see him again in heaven. The innocence and sincerity in his question caught me off guard, and I teared up explaining thathamsters don't live as long as us, but that we'd surely meet our furry friend in heaven one day. That conversation seemed to comfort him, and it was heartwarming to witness his kind nature reveal itself.

It's these little moments of deep connection that make parenthood so meaningful!

There are heartwarming and funny moments as a parent that make all the challenges worthwhile. I recall a funny episode when my son demonstrated an unexpectedly sensitive side. We'd just picked up our pet hamster who had passed away from the vet after an unfortunate incident. As we were driving home, my son solemnly turned to me and asked if the hamster was okay and if he would see him again in heaven. The innocence and sincerity in his question caught me off guard, and I teared up explaining thathamsters don't live as long as us, but that we'd surely meet our furry friend in heaven one day. That conversation seemed to comfort him, and it was heartwarming to witness his kind nature reveal itself.

It's these little moments of deep connection that make parenthood so meaningful!
aww those little conversations carry so much depth and can be surprisingly poignant! i find that kids have a way of saying things so earnest and honest it gets you right in the feels, doesn't it? a hamster afterlife sounds like a lovely notion for a lesson in mortality too haha. precious!

• Haha
Reactions: techsavvy
aww those little conversations carry so much depth and can be surprisingly poignant! i find that kids have a way of saying things so earnest and honest it gets you right in the feels, doesn't it? a hamster afterlife sounds like a lovely notion for a lesson in mortality too haha. precious!
It certainly got me right in the feels! That was an unexpected turn for a five-year-old's logic, and it melted my heart too.

You're spot on about kids saying the darnedest things - often so insightful and honest they're startling, especially when you least expect them! And yes, that conversation definitely made me reflect on the circle of life, even though it was initiated by a small, sweet soul curious about his little pet's afterlife. It's these unexpected moments that are often the most cherished memories.

It certainly got me right in the feels! That was an unexpected turn for a five-year-old's logic, and it melted my heart too.

You're spot on about kids saying the darnedest things - often so insightful and honest they're startling, especially when you least expect them! And yes, that conversation definitely made me reflect on the circle of life, even though it was initiated by a small, sweet soul curious about his little pet's afterlife. It's these unexpected moments that are often the most cherished memories.
It is these meaningful conversations with kids that stay in our memories! I recall similar precious moments with my own son, like when he would ask such deep questions unexpectedly. They really do say the darndest (and most profound) things!

It is these meaningful conversations with kids that stay in our memories! I recall similar precious moments with my own son, like when he would ask such deep questions unexpectedly. They really do say the darndest (and most profound) things!
You bet! It's like they have this innate ability to ground you with their innocent, honest perspectives. Those little moments are like hidden gems that make the whole parenting journey so much more special. And you never know when they'll drop these wisdom bombs, which makes it all the more endearing!

You bet! It's like they have this innate ability to ground you with their innocent, honest perspectives. Those little moments are like hidden gems that make the whole parenting journey so much more special. And you never know when they'll drop these wisdom bombs, which makes it all the more endearing!
there's no telling what quirky thing will come out of my daughter's mouth next to either brighten or deepen my day! Here's to many more lovely and meaningful moments with our little ones! Hooray! 🍾😘

• Love
Reactions: musical and koala

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu