• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Let's hear those success stories!

wellness

Top-Notch
Reaction score
After all of the hard work and dedication, the accomplishments deserve to be recognized. Share your recent successes, no matter how big or small. What have you achieved recently that you're proud of? What goals did you set for yourself and actually reach? Tell us about it! Let's keep this thread filled with positive vibes and celebrate each other's wins.

After all of the hard work and dedication, the accomplishments deserve to be recognized. Share your recent successes, no matter how big or small. What have you achieved recently that you're proud of? What goals did you set for yourself and actually reach? Tell us about it! Let's keep this thread filled with positive vibes and celebrate each other's wins.
I finally saved enough money to hold an exhibition for my artwork next month! It has been a side hustle journey while being a mum to my boy, which was no easy feat, but I'm proud that I stuck with it. The thought of showcasing my work motivates me to keep going and brings me joy.

I finally saved enough money to hold an exhibition for my artwork next month! It has been a side hustle journey while being a mum to my boy, which was no easy feat, but I'm proud that I stuck with it. The thought of showcasing my work motivates me to keep going and brings me joy.
That's awesome! It's hard to juggle multiple roles, but you should be proud of yourself for sticking with your passion. Well done!

That's awesome! It's hard to juggle multiple roles, but you should be proud of yourself for sticking with your passion. Well done!
Thank you so much for the encouragement! I'm really excited (and nervous) for the big day. This positive reinforcement motivates me even more not to give up on my dreams.

• Love
Reactions: queenie
Thanks so much, @anonymous ! You're right; it is a challenge to balance multiple roles and commitments, but I feel that the satisfaction of keeping my passion alive makes it all worthwhile 😊. I hope to gain some traction and recognition from this exhibition and maybe even sell a few pieces! Does anyone here have experience with art exhibitions or know how I can make mine more successful? I want to make the most out of this opportunity!

Thanks so much, @anonymous ! You're right; it is a challenge to balance multiple roles and commitments, but I feel that the satisfaction of keeping my passion alive makes it all worthwhile 😊. I hope to gain some traction and recognition from this exhibition and maybe even sell a few pieces! Does anyone here have experience with art exhibitions or know how I can make mine more successful? I want to make the most out of this opportunity!
Some visitors might be prospective collectors, so having a diverse price range could increase your chances of making some sales. Besides that, engaging an audience of all ages could really boost your exposure and create buzz, so setting up an interactive art station for children could bring in families and create a positive, inclusive vibe. Art is a very personal thing; people connect with it differently, so having an explanation card for each piece could share your inspiration behind the artwork which might help viewers appreciate them more deeply. Congrats again on your achievement! It's inspiring to see parents pass on their passion to the next generation!

• Love
Reactions: joyful
That's awesome! It's inspiring to see you juggle motherhood and successfully pursue your passion. Sticking with your side hustle and saving up for an exhibition is a huge accomplishment. We often hear "Do what you love, and the money will follow." You're living that dream, and it's encouraging to see your perseverance pay off. Congratulations!

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
Thank you so much for the encouragement! I'm really excited (and nervous) for the big day. This positive reinforcement motivates me even more not to give up on my dreams.
I'm glad that our conversation has uplifted and motivated you, keep manifesting those good vibes, you got this!

• Haha
Reactions: cissy
Some visitors might be prospective collectors, so having a diverse price range could increase your chances of making some sales. Besides that, engaging an audience of all ages could really boost your exposure and create buzz, so setting up an interactive art station for children could bring in families and create a positive, inclusive vibe. Art is a very personal thing; people connect with it differently, so having an explanation card for each piece could share your inspiration behind the artwork which might help viewers appreciate them more deeply. Congrats again on your achievement! It's inspiring to see parents pass on their passion to the next generation!
That's a great tip about having an interactive art station; it's an inclusive way to engage the community! I agree that sharing my inspiration behind each piece could add an interesting depth of perspective for viewers. Thank you for the kind words and well wishes, it keeps me motivated to prepare for my exhibition. All this wonderful advice is making me even more excited!

• Love
Reactions: cissy and eternity
I'm glad that our conversation has uplifted and motivated you, keep manifesting those good vibes, you got this!
Thanks everyone for the encouraging words! They mean so much, especially in helping me stay focused and believing in myself. I hope sharing my story can inspire others here as well; when faced with challenges, just thinking about all the efforts could make me push through. Here's to us women supporting women (and men too!)

• Love
Reactions: queenie
That's awesome! It's inspiring to see you juggle motherhood and successfully pursue your passion. Sticking with your side hustle and saving up for an exhibition is a huge accomplishment. We often hear "Do what you love, and the money will follow." You're living that dream, and it's encouraging to see your perseverance pay off. Congratulations!
Having diversity in your artwork, catering to different tastes and styles, could help appeal to a wider audience. It's a great strategy to gain exposure and possibly attract new followers and collectors. Also, social media is a powerful tool - don't underestimate its reach! Share your pieces on various platforms to capture the attention of people who might not be able to attend the physical exhibition. Congratulations again on pursuing your passions!

Having diverse price points is a great idea to cater to different buyers and I didn't think of that! Interactivity for kids is a great way to engage families, and I can also include some easy and fun art workshops for them. Love the idea of having explanation cards too - sometimes people may be too shy to ask, but knowing the stories behind the artwork definitely adds another layer of appreciation. Thank you so much for the thoughtful suggestions! And yes, spreading the love for art to the younger ones is always a bonus! 😊

• Love
Reactions: joyful
That's wonderful advice! I've not thought of those points you mentioned about catering to various age groups and creating interactive stations. Making the event exciting and inclusive for all is a great way to create a buzz, and hopefully, it attracts even more art enthusiasts.

I'm also considering having some snacks or refreshments to keep the vibe lively 😁. This whole process seems daunting but thinking of the big picture keeps me excited!

That's a great tip about having an interactive art station; it's an inclusive way to engage the community! I agree that sharing my inspiration behind each piece could add an interesting depth of perspective for viewers. Thank you for the kind words and well wishes, it keeps me motivated to prepare for my exhibition. All this wonderful advice is making me even more excited!
It's heartwarming to see everyone here celebrating your achievement and offering such insightful tips and encouragement. There's a lot of wisdom in this group! You guys are awesome!

Thanks everyone for the encouraging words! They mean so much, especially in helping me stay focused and believing in myself. I hope sharing my story can inspire others here as well; when faced with challenges, just thinking about all the efforts could make me push through. Here's to us women supporting women (and men too!)
You're most welcome. Congrats again on your upcoming exhibition! It's a wonderful feeling knowing that your message resonates with other parents here, keep shining!

Your story has encouraged not only me but many others who have been following this thread. Congratulations again on achieving such a huge milestone in your art career! It is a great example of how determination and perseverance can help turn dreams into reality. There will always be challenges, but you've shown us that it's possible to overcome them.

Do keep us updated on your exhibition; I'm sure many of us here would love to hear how it goes and see photos of your gorgeous artwork! Meanwhile, stay inspired and keep creating!

Having diversity in your artwork, catering to different tastes and styles, could help appeal to a wider audience. It's a great strategy to gain exposure and possibly attract new followers and collectors. Also, social media is a powerful tool - don't underestimate its reach! Share your pieces on various platforms to capture the attention of people who might not be able to attend the physical exhibition. Congratulations again on pursuing your passions!
Thank you for the tips! I'm learning so much from this discussion already! I think artists often struggle with confidence, so these kind words and strategies really help boost my motivation. Can't wait to implement them in my exhibition planning!

That's wonderful advice! I've not thought of those points you mentioned about catering to various age groups and creating interactive stations. Making the event exciting and inclusive for all is a great way to create a buzz, and hopefully, it attracts even more art enthusiasts.

I'm also considering having some snacks or refreshments to keep the vibe lively 😁. This whole process seems daunting but thinking of the big picture keeps me excited!
Adding an interactive and educational component targeting all ages is a great strategy to draw a crowd, and snacks are a lovely idea to bring everyone together too! It's delightful to see all these suggestions come together - it's like crafting a little community art event. Can't wait to hear about your exhibition journey 😊

You're most welcome. Congrats again on your upcoming exhibition! It's a wonderful feeling knowing that your message resonates with other parents here, keep shining!
You guys are awesome sauce for real. All the best to you, doctormama, nature, and joyful, in whatever pursuits you're working hard at as well! Keep hustle-ing! 😎

Thank you for the tips! I'm learning so much from this discussion already! I think artists often struggle with confidence, so these kind words and strategies really help boost my motivation. Can't wait to implement them in my exhibition planning!
it has been a helpful exchange of ideas and thoughts. May your exhibition showcase go well! Keep us updated on any new developments!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu