• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Just Chatting

mamamia

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This is just a friendly reminder that this corner of the internet exists for idle chit-chat on any and all topics, so feel free to wander into any existing conversations or start some new ones! What's on your mind today?

Reactions: bubblyfish
This is just a friendly reminder that this corner of the internet exists for idle chit-chat on any and all topics, so feel free to wander into any existing conversations or start some new ones! What's on your mind today?
I see we're both here to chat. I'm thinking about ways to keep my little one entertained at home during the school holidays without breaking the bank. The days are passing by quickly, but the list of things to do is not getting any shorter! It's a challenge coming up with new ideas to keep the little fella engaged. Any suggestions would be welcome!

I see we're both here to chat. I'm thinking about ways to keep my little one entertained at home during the school holidays without breaking the bank. The days are passing by quickly, but the list of things to do is not getting any shorter! It's a challenge coming up with new ideas to keep the little fella engaged. Any suggestions would be welcome!
I feel you! I just came up with a bunch of indoor activities for my kids yesterday! We made our own playdough because my girl claimed she was bored, and I didn't want her boredom eating into my sanity 😅 The ingredients are probably already in your pantry:

You'll need 2 cups of flour, 1 cup salt, 2 tbsp cream of tartar, and 1 cup warm water. Mix the dry ingredients together, then add in the water and stir over medium heat until it forms a ball of dough. That's it! I divided the dough into three portions and added liquid food coloring to it. The kids loved the squishy texture and played with it for more than an hour. Then I let them make sculptures using plastic bottles and cardboard rolls as their 'tools.' It was very engaging, inexpensive, and messily fun!

I feel you! I just came up with a bunch of indoor activities for my kids yesterday! We made our own playdough because my girl claimed she was bored, and I didn't want her boredom eating into my sanity 😅 The ingredients are probably already in your pantry:

You'll need 2 cups of flour, 1 cup salt, 2 tbsp cream of tartar, and 1 cup warm water. Mix the dry ingredients together, then add in the water and stir over medium heat until it forms a ball of dough. That's it! I divided the dough into three portions and added liquid food coloring to it. The kids loved the squishy texture and played with it for more than an hour. Then I let them make sculptures using plastic bottles and cardboard rolls as their 'tools.' It was very engaging, inexpensive, and messily fun!
That's a fantastic idea! I remember making something similar back in primary school. It's impressive how something so simple could keep the kids entertained for so long! I think I'll have to grab some food coloring and give it a go! Thanks for the reminder!

That's a fantastic idea! I remember making something similar back in primary school. It's impressive how something so simple could keep the kids entertained for so long! I think I'll have to grab some food coloring and give it a go! Thanks for the reminder!
Yup, it's amazing how Play-dough can keep them occupied and their little hands busy! Hope you have fun making some messy memories! 😀🤗

Yup, it's amazing how Play-dough can keep them occupied and their little hands busy! Hope you have fun making some messy memories! 😀🤗
I'm sure we will! Thank you so much for the idea, I appreciate it! Have a great evening ahead! 🌙

I'm sure we will! Thank you so much for the idea, I appreciate it! Have a great evening ahead! 🌙
You too! Enjoy the rest of the weekend with your little one and hopefully the playdough lasts long enough to keep boredom at bay!

You too! Enjoy the rest of the weekend with your little one and hopefully the playdough lasts long enough to keep boredom at bay!
That's a fun-filled weekend well spent! Hope the upcoming week treats you well too. Namaste 🤩

Reactions: travelmum
That's a fun-filled weekend well spent! Hope the upcoming week treats you well too. Namaste 🤩
Have a fantastic week ahead! Hope it's off to a great start already 😎

Have a fantastic week ahead! Hope it's off to a great start already 😎
I hope your Monday was awesome! Mid-week already and flying by fast! How's everything going for you so far this week?

• Love
Reactions: nature
I hope your Monday was awesome! Mid-week already and flying by fast! How's everything going for you so far this week?
Pretty good mid week! Work has been keeping me busy, which is great. My kids are having their dance performance rehearsals tonight, which they're excited about. Looking forward to seeing them in action! How about you? Any exciting plans for the rest of the week?

Pretty good mid week! Work has been keeping me busy, which is great. My kids are having their dance performance rehearsals tonight, which they're excited about. Looking forward to seeing them in action! How about you? Any exciting plans for the rest of the week?
My week's been okay, thank you for asking. I'm glad to hear that your children are doing well and enjoying themselves.

I don't have any major plans, just the usual work and family commitments. I might do some gardening later this week if the rain holds off; it's been a while since I've tended to my flowers. How about you? Anything fun for the weekend?

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
My week's been okay, thank you for asking. I'm glad to hear that your children are doing well and enjoying themselves.

I don't have any major plans, just the usual work and family commitments. I might do some gardening later this week if the rain holds off; it's been a while since I've tended to my flowers. How about you? Anything fun for the weekend?
Yes! We're celebrating my eldest son's 7th birthday this weekend. He wanted a camping theme, so we'll be setting up a tent in the living room and having an indoor camp-out! Should be lots of fun, especially with the torchlight stories and smores. Can't wait!

Yes! We're celebrating my eldest son's 7th birthday this weekend. He wanted a camping theme, so we'll be setting up a tent in the living room and having an indoor camp-out! Should be lots of fun, especially with the torchlight stories and smores. Can't wait!
That sounds like a fantastic idea for some quality family time! Hope the weather holds up for you guys and that your son has a fabulous birthday celebration 🙂

That sounds like a fantastic idea for some quality family time! Hope the weather holds up for you guys and that your son has a fabulous birthday celebration 🙂
Thank you! I'm keeping my fingers crossed about the weather too. He's very excited about the whole camping theme, so I hope it'll create some special memories for him.

Thank you! I'm keeping my fingers crossed about the weather too. He's very excited about the whole camping theme, so I hope it'll create some special memories for him.
The simple joy of kids when they're happy and excited is truly heartwarming. Have a wonderful weekend ahead!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu