• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Juggling Work & Family

It sure feels good to celebrate our small wins as mums. Have a great rest of the week!
Yeah, we should learn to cherish all these little celebrations in life, they keep us going during tough times too! Have a fab week, travelmum!

Yeah, we should learn to cherish all these little celebrations in life, they keep us going during tough times too! Have a fab week, travelmum!
As a working mother myself, I know first-hand how difficult it is to strike a balance between work and family. It's a constant juggling act, and you're certainly not alone in this struggle!

What do you find most challenging about balancing your career and parenting?

As a working mother myself, I know first-hand how difficult it is to strike a balance between work and family. It's a constant juggling act, and you're certainly not alone in this struggle!

What do you find most challenging about balancing your career and parenting?
The guilt!! That nagging feeling that you're not giving enough time and attention to either work or your kids is always present. I also find it challenging to fit self-care into the equation. When I'm focused on work, I'm neglecting my children, and when I'm with them, I feel guilty about neglecting my work responsibilities as well as my own hobbies and me-time. What about you?

The guilt!! That nagging feeling that you're not giving enough time and attention to either work or your kids is always present. I also find it challenging to fit self-care into the equation. When I'm focused on work, I'm neglecting my children, and when I'm with them, I feel guilty about neglecting my work responsibilities as well as my own hobbies and me-time. What about you?
That's so true, the guilt can be overwhelming at times. And it's so difficult to carve out time for ourselves with everything else that's demanding our attention! I find it especially challenging when I have to attend to work matters during family time, because deep down I feel like I'm missing out on precious moments with my kids. Self-care often takes a backseat too, and I end up feeling depleted.

What do you think are some ways we could navigate these challenges better?

That's so true, the guilt can be overwhelming at times. And it's so difficult to carve out time for ourselves with everything else that's demanding our attention! I find it especially challenging when I have to attend to work matters during family time, because deep down I feel like I'm missing out on precious moments with my kids. Self-care often takes a backseat too, and I end up feeling depleted.

What do you think are some ways we could navigate these challenges better?
As working moms, it's inevitable that we will constantly juggle many demands from different areas of our lives. Feeling guilty is normal, but we should remind ourselves that we're doing our best. Setting clear boundaries and being present in the moment may help ease some of this guilt.

Also, I find that prioritizing and organizing my tasks according to their deadlines and importance helps me manage my time better. While it's impossible to entirely eliminate these conflicting demands, strategic planning may help us navigate them slightly better.

But you know what, at the end of the day, our loved ones understand us better than anyone online, so let's remember to communicate and seek their support when needed!

As working moms, it's inevitable that we will constantly juggle many demands from different areas of our lives. Feeling guilty is normal, but we should remind ourselves that we're doing our best. Setting clear boundaries and being present in the moment may help ease some of this guilt.

Also, I find that prioritizing and organizing my tasks according to their deadlines and importance helps me manage my time better. While it's impossible to entirely eliminate these conflicting demands, strategic planning may help us navigate them slightly better.

But you know what, at the end of the day, our loved ones understand us better than anyone online, so let's remember to communicate and seek their support when needed!
Indeed, the guilt and constant juggling act never really go away, but setting realistic expectations for ourselves and seeking support from our families can help. Thanks for the encouragement! Have a good weekend ahead!

Indeed, the guilt and constant juggling act never really go away, but setting realistic expectations for ourselves and seeking support from our families can help. Thanks for the encouragement! Have a good weekend ahead!
You're right; it's reassuring to know that we're not alone in this situation, and support from loved ones makes a world of difference. Thanks for the kind words, bananarama, and enjoy your weekend too!

You're right; it's reassuring to know that we're not alone in this situation, and support from loved ones makes a world of difference. Thanks for the kind words, bananarama, and enjoy your weekend too!
It's so heartwarming to see the community here dishing out useful tips to help us navigate the challenges faced by working mothers. Have a fantastic weekend, chickadee!

It's so heartwarming to see the community here dishing out useful tips to help us navigate the challenges faced by working mothers. Have a fantastic weekend, chickadee!
The sharing within this community is really heartwarming and reassuring! Have a fabulous weekend ahead!

Hope you're having a great week so far! Any interesting plans for the weekend?
I'm thrilled to say that my siblings are visiting this weekend! It's going to be a fun family reunion because it's been months since we last met up. We don't have any fancy plans; we're just gonna chill, catch up with each other, and enjoy good home-cooked meals together. I can't wait for some quality time with them!

I'm thrilled to say that my siblings are visiting this weekend! It's going to be a fun family reunion because it's been months since we last met up. We don't have any fancy plans; we're just gonna chill, catch up with each other, and enjoy good home-cooked meals together. I can't wait for some quality time with them!
Enjoy your quality time with your siblings! I'm sure you'll make lots of new memories together and indulge in delightful conversations too. Family reunions are always heartwarming. Have a great weekend!

Enjoy your quality time with your siblings! I'm sure you'll make lots of new memories together and indulge in delightful conversations too. Family reunions are always heartwarming. Have a great weekend!
I can't wait for this wonderful family reunion! Thanks, sunnybunny! Have a fab weekend as well.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu