• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Healthy Habits During Pregnancy

I'm so glad to hear you're feeling fantastic and finding comfort in prenatal yoga and breathing exercises - it's a great idea to continue with what has been working for you and incorporating some me-time, which is so important for expectant mothers!

It's wonderful that you're keeping relaxed and positive; keeping comfortable during pregnancy is such a bonus, especially with all the physical changes happening. It sounds like you've found some great strategies to cope with them.

All the best for your continuing journey - keep us posted on any other tips you discover!

I'm so glad to hear you're feeling fantastic and finding comfort in prenatal yoga and breathing exercises - it's a great idea to continue with what has been working for you and incorporating some me-time, which is so important for expectant mothers!

It's wonderful that you're keeping relaxed and positive; keeping comfortable during pregnancy is such a bonus, especially with all the physical changes happening. It sounds like you've found some great strategies to cope with them.

All the best for your continuing journey - keep us posted on any other tips you discover!
I'll certainly keep an eye out for unique tips to share! pregnancy journeys are so individual, and it's great to hear of different approaches and discoveries along the way - it's an exciting time!

Yes, every journey is so different and it's always interesting to hear of new tips and strategies. It's an exciting as well as a nervous time - full of anticipation and hope!

Reactions: wellness
Yes, every journey is so different and it's always interesting to hear of new tips and strategies. It's an exciting as well as a nervous time - full of anticipation and hope!
It's great when you're aware of ways to help yourself be comfortable during pregnancy. The excitement and jitters are part of the fun and mystery!

So true! Every pregnancy is a magical and special experience that's so fascinatingly different each time. It's such an incredible journey; your body goes through these amazing changes and creates life - it's truly mindblowing. What an exciting time!

Does anyone have any unusual but healthy cravings they indulge in sometimes? Or some quirky, non-food related habits they've incorporated into their routine that make them feel good?

• Haha
Reactions: lioness
So true! Every pregnancy is a magical and special experience that's so fascinatingly different each time. It's such an incredible journey; your body goes through these amazing changes and creates life - it's truly mindblowing. What an exciting time!

Does anyone have any unusual but healthy cravings they indulge in sometimes? Or some quirky, non-food related habits they've incorporated into their routine that make them feel good?
I haven't heard of any quirky cravings yet, but I once knew someone who craved ice cubes during her pregnancy. She would munch on them throughout the day!

For non-food related habits, I'm all about the smells. After getting a whiff of certain scents in my first trimester, I got obsessed with scented candles and room sprays. It became a staple for me to have a rotating selection of scent options around the house. It was such a quick and easy way to lift my mood or calm me down, depending on the scent! I did also read up on essential oils, which some expectant moms swear by, but I never got into them.

I'm keen to hear any other unusual cravings or sensory habits people have had! It's so fascinating to see these little rituals that help get us through pregnancy.

Reactions: eternity
I haven't heard of any quirky cravings yet, but I once knew someone who craved ice cubes during her pregnancy. She would munch on them throughout the day!

For non-food related habits, I'm all about the smells. After getting a whiff of certain scents in my first trimester, I got obsessed with scented candles and room sprays. It became a staple for me to have a rotating selection of scent options around the house. It was such a quick and easy way to lift my mood or calm me down, depending on the scent! I did also read up on essential oils, which some expectant moms swear by, but I never got into them.

I'm keen to hear any other unusual cravings or sensory habits people have had! It's so fascinating to see these little rituals that help get us through pregnancy.
My strange craving was pickles. I normally don't like pickles, but for some reason, I couldn't get enough of their sour taste during my second pregnancy. I also craved the scent of freshly cut grass which was rather odd and very specific.

I remember seeing someone post online about how she craved the smell of marker pens, which was so random! It's amazing how our senses become hyper-focused and can transport us to a different world.

I don't have any good explanations for these weird cravings, but they're such fun memories - a strange and wonderful part of the pregnancy experience!

My strange craving was pickles. I normally don't like pickles, but for some reason, I couldn't get enough of their sour taste during my second pregnancy. I also craved the scent of freshly cut grass which was rather odd and very specific.

I remember seeing someone post online about how she craved the smell of marker pens, which was so random! It's amazing how our senses become hyper-focused and can transport us to a different world.

I don't have any good explanations for these weird cravings, but they're such fun memories - a strange and wonderful part of the pregnancy experience!
Pickles are quite the unexpected craving! And that's funny about the grass scent; it's amazing how our senses can become so heightened and particular during pregnancy.

The marker pen smell is a very random one I'm curious to know if anyone has had any other unusual sensory experiences or cravings too - it's such an interesting topic. These little details make every pregnancy unique.

Reactions: wellness

That is an unusual craving! I've also heard of pregnant women who craved odd combinations of foods, like ice cream with garlic or pickles dipped in peanut butter. The taste buds do some funky things during pregnancy!

The scent cravings are fascinating too; it's amazing how our senses can become so heightened and particular. I wonder if there's a scientific explanation for these phenomena! In any case, they're fun stories to share and look back on.

Reactions: techsavvy
Pickles are quite the unexpected craving! And that's funny about the grass scent; it's amazing how our senses can become so heightened and particular during pregnancy.

The marker pen smell is a very random one I'm curious to know if anyone has had any other unusual sensory experiences or cravings too - it's such an interesting topic. These little details make every pregnancy unique.
I know someone who craved the smell of petrol during her pregnancy. And no, she wasn't an additive sniffed! She would request that her husband fill up the car with petrol every chance she got. Pregnant women and our strange ways, ey?

I know someone who craved the smell of petrol during her pregnancy. And no, she wasn't an additive sniffed! She would request that her husband fill up the car with petrol every chance she got. Pregnant women and our strange ways, ey?
Stranger cravings are certainly intriguing! It's quite something how specific scents can become so appealing.

Stranger cravings are certainly intriguing! It's quite something how specific scents can become so appealing.
It's incredible how our noses can pick up on certain smells and become almost obsessed with them during pregnancy! The sense of smell is often overlooked, so it's fascinating when it becomes hyperfocused like that.

I wonder if there's a connection between these specific cravings and the tastebuds or smells that remind us of foods we're drawn to - some kind of nutritional link perhaps? Or maybe it's purely psychological and different for everyone. It'd be interesting to hear from some expecting mamas-to-be who've experienced these cravings too!

It's incredible how our noses can pick up on certain smells and become almost obsessed with them during pregnancy! The sense of smell is often overlooked, so it's fascinating when it becomes hyperfocused like that.

I wonder if there's a connection between these specific cravings and the tastebuds or smells that remind us of foods we're drawn to - some kind of nutritional link perhaps? Or maybe it's purely psychological and different for everyone. It'd be interesting to hear from some expecting mamas-to-be who've experienced these cravings too!
It's a mysterious phenomenon with many possible explanations, some of which could be related to nutrition needs or psychological comfort. It's an intriguing topic that can offer a lovely glimpse into the unique experiences of different expectant mothers and their individual journeys.

That's an insightful perspective! The diversity of experiences across expecting mothers makes this topic so intriguing. It hints at the customized approach each mother instinctively adopts for her unique situation. Fascinating how our bodies work!

The human body is an incredible thing, and it's fascinating how it adapts so differently to each woman's pregnancy. It really underscores the importance of trusting one's instincts and doing what feels right for your situation - every expectant mother's experience is so unique!

The human body is an incredible thing, and it's fascinating how it adapts so differently to each woman's pregnancy. It really underscores the importance of trusting one's instincts and doing what feels right for your situation - every expectant mother's experience is so unique!
every pregnant woman's experience is a journey of its own, highlighting the amazing adaptability of the human body - a wonderful reminder to trust our bodies and instincts. There's a lot we can learn from each other's unique experiences!

every pregnant woman's experience is a journey of its own, highlighting the amazing adaptability of the human body - a wonderful reminder to trust our bodies and instincts. There's a lot we can learn from each other's unique experiences!
we should never underestimate the power of our instincts! Pregnancy certainly throws many unexpected things our way, and it's a great survival skill to go with our gut feelings. There's definitely strength in sharing these stories and learning from one another's experiences.

Absolutely! Sometimes our instincts are our best allies, especially when it comes to matters of health and intuition. Learning from each other's experiences can help us understand and trust our bodies better. Share your healthy habit tips and pregnancy stories where you've followed your instincts - you never know who might benefit from that wisdom!

Following instincts is such an essential aspect of pregnancy, as our bodies often know what's best. I focused on eating healthy, staying hydrated, and listening to my body when it craved certain foods - which wasn't easy given the exhausting first trimester!

But I'd say one of my healthiest habits was taking time for myself. Not just physically, but also mentally: indulging in walks in nature, meditating, and visualizing positive outcomes. Pregnancy can be emotionally draining, so taking care of our mental health and following our intuition to stay calm and centered was a big part of my routine.

It's amazing how many women's instincts kick in during pregnancy, almost like an innate knowing of what's best for our bodies and babies. Sharing these experiences helps us trust our judgements even more - so here's to following our maternal intuitions!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu