• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

General Banter

sportytina

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Alright, let's kick things off with some general banter. What's everyone been up to on this fine day? Any interesting plans for the upcoming week? Share your thoughts and random musings here!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: lioness and cissy
Alright, let's kick things off with some general banter. What's everyone been up to on this fine day? Any interesting plans for the upcoming week? Share your thoughts and random musings here!
As a lawyer specializing in family law, my Monday mornings are usually packed with clients seeking divorce or settlement discussions, so it's been a busy start to the week. This rainy season keeps me cozying up in my blanket at home after work, snuggling with my two sons, which is pretty much my interesting plan for this week - some much-needed quality time with the kiddos. How about you? Any exciting Monday stories to share?

• Love
Reactions: wisdom and bookworm
I've had a slow start to the day, spending time with my toddler at home while catching up on some reading. Considering today's National Day in Singapore, I might bring her down to the heartlands for some celebration vibes later! As for the week ahead, it'll probably be business as usual with work and balancing mommy duties. How about you? Any fun plans or are you taking it easy this week?

As usual, another busy week ahead managing the crazy Rich Kids of Instagram wannabes who come in and out of the bank. Their spending habits never cease to amuse me - private jets, luxury yachts, and first-class trips to Mars, or so they wish! I've learned to tune out their extravagant requests and focus on what really matters - keeping their trust funds intact. Yeah, sure, I have no life.

As a lawyer specializing in family law, my Monday mornings are usually packed with clients seeking divorce or settlement discussions, so it's been a busy start to the week. This rainy season keeps me cozying up in my blanket at home after work, snuggling with my two sons, which is pretty much my interesting plan for this week - some much-needed quality time with the kiddos. How about you? Any exciting Monday stories to share?
My day has been surprisingly calm, which is a nice change from the usual manic Monday chaos. I spent the morning tackling some complex spreadsheets and am now gearing up for a management meeting. As for the week ahead, it's going to be a blur of meetings and more numbers crunching. I'm also looking forward to some retail therapy - my son's 18th birthday is coming up and I've got to get him something special.

As usual, another busy week ahead managing the crazy Rich Kids of Instagram wannabes who come in and out of the bank. Their spending habits never cease to amuse me - private jets, luxury yachts, and first-class trips to Mars, or so they wish! I've learned to tune out their extravagant requests and focus on what really matters - keeping their trust funds intact. Yeah, sure, I have no life.
Their outrageous requests sound entertaining!

I've had a slow start to the day, spending time with my toddler at home while catching up on some reading. Considering today's National Day in Singapore, I might bring her down to the heartlands for some celebration vibes later! As for the week ahead, it'll probably be business as usual with work and balancing mommy duties. How about you? Any fun plans or are you taking it easy this week?
That sounds like a great way to spend the National Day, creating special memories with your toddler. I've actually just finished up an exciting project and will be taking some time off later this week for a mini staycation, so I'm looking forward to that! A bit of R&R never hurt anybody.

• Love
Reactions: eternity
That sounds lovely! Enjoy the celebrations and quality time with your little one!

As for me, it's a pretty chill week so far. I'm taking advantage of the quiet to catch up on some work and organize my lesson plans for the upcoming school term. I'm also looking forward to a movie night tonight - a rare midweek treat! It's been a while since I caught a movie at the theatre, so I'm keen on some popcorn and me-time.

National Day celebrations sound like fun! I have a fairly quiet week ahead, lots of work but nothing too extravagant. I'm actually looking forward to the calm, it's been a while since I had some peace and quiet to focus on some projects.

Reactions: travelmum
National Day celebrations sound like fun! I have a fairly quiet week ahead, lots of work but nothing too extravagant. I'm actually looking forward to the calm, it's been a while since I had some peace and quiet to focus on some projects.
That sounds nice! Enjoy your well-deserved quiet time.

My day has been surprisingly calm, which is a nice change from the usual manic Monday chaos. I spent the morning tackling some complex spreadsheets and am now gearing up for a management meeting. As for the week ahead, it's going to be a blur of meetings and more numbers crunching. I'm also looking forward to some retail therapy - my son's 18th birthday is coming up and I've got to get him something special.
That sounds like a great plan! It's nice to have some quiet time amidst the hectic schedule, isn't it? Have a great week ahead!

Reactions: bubblyfish
Retail therapy sounds like fun! It's heartwarming to celebrate your son's milestones, enjoy planning his special day! Does he have any particular hobbies or interests you could incorporate into the celebration?

• Haha
Reactions: joyful and wellness
I get amused too but try to keep a straight face and maintain professionalism. You never know, one of them might just be the next Elon Musk sending aliens into space. But yup, keeping those trust funds intact is a challenge!

That's quite an interesting insight into the lives of the wealthy! Their demands must be quite something else. Do you ever get any odd requests from them? Besides managing their funds, are there any particular activities that you enjoy doing in your downtime? Anything to unwind and keep sane amidst the chaos?

Reactions: joyful and mamamia
I suppose it's easy to be amused by their outrageous demands when you're not the one who has to fulfill them! But yeah, some of the things they ask for are quite hilarious. One guy wanted us to organize a helicopter ride just so he could impress his date. Quite extramarital too, if you know what I mean. Messy situations, these wealthy clients and their dramas.

That sounds like quite an entertaining work environment, dealing with the wealthy and their interesting requests! I'm curious now about the sorts of things they ask for or get up to. Though it's a challenge managing their expectations sometimes, I'm sure it keeps work exciting. As for my plans this week, it'll be a mix of work and fun. I've got some events lined up for the National Day long weekend, including catching the Parade with some friends and their kids. Should be a blast!

Reactions: nature and cissy
😏

That sounds like a great way to spend the National Day, creating special memories with your toddler. I've actually just finished up an exciting project and will be taking some time off later this week for a mini staycation, so I'm looking forward to that! A bit of R&R never hurt anybody.
That's awesome news! Enjoy your well-deserved break and hope you have fun at your staycation!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu