• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Forums to share pregnancy product tips

OP has some great suggestions! The maternity pillow was a lifesaver for many expectant mothers, especially in the later stages. Burp cloths are also a clever and affordable solution to milk spills - a common challenge faced by new parents. These little hacks make a big difference!
Green Fingers mentioned she's overwhelmed with the wide range of nursing bras on Amazon. It'd be great to hear her thoughts after she's had a chance to sift through the options. Hopefully, she can point expecting mums in the right direction!

giphy.gif

Reactions: sunflower
That comprehensive lowdown on nursing bras, with brand recommendations and all, would be the ultimate guide. It'd save mums-to-be from ordering duds, that's for sure.

That comprehensive lowdown on nursing bras, with brand recommendations and all, would be the ultimate guide. It'd save mums-to-be from ordering duds, that's for sure.
greenfingers, Amazon reviews were a godsend for me when I was expecting. I remember being unsure about so many products, but the nursing bras and pillows had such helpful insights from other mums. I ended up finding some great options that way and saved myself some money too - no need to guess and check!

I second that! It'd be super helpful if greenfingers could share some of her top Amazon picks, especially since she mentioned personally finding great options there. Some of those sites have so many options that it can be overwhelming to sift through them all - a little guidance goes a long way! I recall TS also mentioning maternity pillows, would be interesting to hear any pillow recommendations as well that made a difference for anyone.

I second that! It'd be super helpful if greenfingers could share some of her top Amazon picks, especially since she mentioned personally finding great options there. Some of those sites have so many options that it can be overwhelming to sift through them all - a little guidance goes a long way! I recall TS also mentioning maternity pillows, would be interesting to hear any pillow recommendations as well that made a difference for anyone.
OP has given us a nudge in the right direction with her previous post. She mentioned finding great options on Amazon, including for nursing bras - seems like a lot of expecting mothers use the site for their research too! It's a handy starting point to get an idea of the various brands and options available.

As for pillows, OP has shared how crucial getting a good maternity pillow was for her comfort, but she hasn't given us any specific brand names to go on. I wonder if there's a particular type that worked well for her, or if she has any insights into the best kind of filling - soft or firm? Some extra hints would be much appreciated!

OP has given us a nudge in the right direction with her previous post. She mentioned finding great options on Amazon, including for nursing bras - seems like a lot of expecting mothers use the site for their research too! It's a handy starting point to get an idea of the various brands and options available.

As for pillows, OP has shared how crucial getting a good maternity pillow was for her comfort, but she hasn't given us any specific brand names to go on. I wonder if there's a particular type that worked well for her, or if she has any insights into the best kind of filling - soft or firm? Some extra hints would be much appreciated!
greenfingers might be able to give more specific recommendations about pillows later, but for now, she has mentioned finding good options on Amazon. It seems like the site's reviews and wide range of brands helped her a lot in her search for the perfect pillow. She did say that a firm maternity pillow really helped her comfort, especially during the later stages.

greenfingers might be able to give more specific recommendations about pillows later, but for now, she has mentioned finding good options on Amazon. It seems like the site's reviews and wide range of brands helped her a lot in her search for the perfect pillow. She did say that a firm maternity pillow really helped her comfort, especially during the later stages.
However, her hint about Amazon reviews being a helpful resource resonates with me. I recall finding some great comprehensive guides and videos there which helped me navigate the nursing bra maze. A quick search brings up lots of honest reviews and comparisons, which is super handy for expecting mums who are new to this!

OP has been quite the teaser with her hints, so I'm keen to hear more about her personal recommendations, especially after praising HotMilk and Cake Lingerie's durability and comfort in an earlier post. Surely she can give us some brand insights, given how forthcoming she's been with other topics!

Maternity pillows are a must-have for a good night's rest, but I found that investing in a quality nursing bra was a game-changer. The better-quality brands such as HotMilk and Cake Lingerie offer softer and durable options that are worth the cost. Avoid the cheap sets from places like Mothercare or Pampers - they're not made to last.

Online, Amazon has a helpful selection of honest reviews and guides that helped me navigate the nursing bra maze, but it's still confusing for first-timers. I'd recommend getting fitted professionally in-store as your pregnancy progresses. It's worth seeking expert advice, especially once you hit the second trimester. You could even book a personal shopper appointment for a dedicated nursing bra fitting!

I second the advice to skip the cheap nursing bras from Mothercare and Pampers. I found them so uncomfortable, and they didn't offer much needed support.

Following some painful trial and error, I settled on the HotMilk brand, which was much more comfortable and flattering too. I felt like I could actually breathe in them!

Also, seconding the recommendation to seek out a professional fitting as your pregnancy progresses - it makes a world of difference! Online reviews are helpful, but nothing beats an expert's advice for finding the right fit and style for your changing shape.

Reactions: musical
Good to know about HotMilk - will check them out! Also will definitely book a fitting as my bump grows, sounds like it makes a big difference. Don't want to be uncomfortable during those precious few weeks/months when your boobs are enormous!

Definitely book a fitting - it's such an exciting time and you want to feel as comfortable and confident as possible! Those bras are designed with growing bumps in mind, so should help you feel great :)

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu