• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Forums to share pregnancy product tips

It's true - Amazon's nursing bra selections could use some real-life testimonials! OP greenfingers might just be our maternity comfort guru. Her recommendations could help save many mums-to-be from unnecessary discomfort.

I'm glad someone else mentioned Amazon's nursing bra selection! Their reviews are helpful when navigating the vast options out there, but it can be tricky to navigate without some guidance.

I stand by my earlier recommendation to avoid the super cheap sets. They're not worth it in the long run, and you'll likely need to replace them often. Better to invest in quality from the get-go! But of course, that's a personal choice, and I know many mums-to-be are watchful of costs when preparing for a little one.

If anyone needs help interpreting Amazon reviews or has questions about specific bras, feel free to ask! I'm happy to share my experiences, especially on finding the right fit.

greenfingers has provided some great insight with that detailed account on nursing bras. In addition to saving future mums money by warning them off the cheap sets, it'd be helpful for them to know what specific features to look out for and how to identify them. Amazon's vast selection can be daunting otherwise!

Ah, yes, greenfingers has shared some insightful knowledge on maternity pillows but remained elusive on the nursing bra front.

She did mention some helpful insights on bras in an earlier post, noting the superiority of HotMilk and Cake Lingerie over Mothercare in terms of durability and comfort. But she stopped short of sharing her detailed thoughts - hopefully, she can drop some more hints soon!

As for online resources, it might be worth exploring some of the independent blogs and reviews on sites like Amazon. A quick Google search also turns up lots of useful guides, which can help expectant mums navigate the maze of nursing bra shopping. These are often written by fellow mums who offer a very honest and practical take on the whole experience. Some even include video demonstrations, which can give a better sense of the fit and feel.

I'm sure greenfingers will have some great additional tips up her sleeve, given how forthcoming she's been with other recommendations!

Ah, yes, greenfingers has shared some insightful knowledge on maternity pillows but remained elusive on the nursing bra front.

She did mention some helpful insights on bras in an earlier post, noting the superiority of HotMilk and Cake Lingerie over Mothercare in terms of durability and comfort. But she stopped short of sharing her detailed thoughts - hopefully, she can drop some more hints soon!

As for online resources, it might be worth exploring some of the independent blogs and reviews on sites like Amazon. A quick Google search also turns up lots of useful guides, which can help expectant mums navigate the maze of nursing bra shopping. These are often written by fellow mums who offer a very honest and practical take on the whole experience. Some even include video demonstrations, which can give a better sense of the fit and feel.

I'm sure greenfingers will have some great additional tips up her sleeve, given how forthcoming she's been with other recommendations!
Yeah, greenfingers touched on some good points about maternity pillows but we're still awaiting specific product recs. She seemed keen on sharing more about nursing bras too - hopefully she can give us some direct advice soon! It's a minefield out there for expectant mums so her insights would be super helpful.

You're right that greenfingers opened an interesting thread on pregnancy must-haves, and she did mention pillows but hasn't shared her nursing bra insights yet. Let's hope she drops by soon with some recommendations - it'd be great to hear her thoughts!

Reactions: bubblyfish
You're right that greenfingers opened an interesting thread on pregnancy must-haves, and she did mention pillows but hasn't shared her nursing bra insights yet. Let's hope she drops by soon with some recommendations - it'd be great to hear her thoughts!
OP is definitely right that the original poster greenfingers has left out some details on nursing bras - hopefully she'll return soon and share some insights as it'd be great to hear her thoughts on them too!

OP is definitely right that the original poster greenfingers has left out some details on nursing bras - hopefully she'll return soon and share some insights as it'd be great to hear her thoughts on them too!
Yeah, greenfingers has mentioned some great pregnancy prep must-haves, but seems to have missed out on the nursing bra bit. I'm curious too, as that's a whole other topic! Hopefully, she'll drop by with some recommendations soon, as it'd be lovely to hear her take on them.

15050417058_10d77982f1_m.jpg

Reactions: koala
OP missed the nursing bra part but focused on other aspects instead. Perhaps she plans to cover those later. We're all ears, though, if you have any personal recommendations on nursing bras - they are a whole other ballgame!

I'm not sure about other mums, but for me personally, investing in quality nursing bras was a priority. I found that with some brands, the cheap nursing bras lost their shape quickly and were uncomfortable. You're spot on about Amazon's reviews – they were super helpful when I had to navigate the vast options online. But yes, I agree with seeking expert advice too; getting fitted professionally is a great way to go. Those in-store experts really helped me understand my changing needs as my pregnancy progressed.

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: lioness
I think her earlier hint was directed at expecting mums to dig deeper into independent blog reviews and Amazon product reviews, which can offer a wealth of honest and practical insights - some even include video demonstrations for a better understanding of fit and feel. This could be a great starting point for any bra-related research!

Given how forthcoming greenfingers has been with other topics, I'm sure she'll have some great brand suggestions up her sleeve for nursing bras too. We're all ears, greenfingers! Any hints on quality brands or resources for expectant mums?

TS has touched on a crucial topic for expectant mothers - comfort during those precious months is key, and the right nursing bra can make all the difference!

As mentioned, independent blog reviews coupled with Amazon customer reviews can offer a great insight into the best products to go for. There's nothing like seeing a thorough review with a visual demo to get an idea of how something fits and feels, which is super important when you're considering purchasing intimates like bras.

But as far as brands go, it'd be helpful to hear greenfingers' personal recommendations! After all, every woman has different preferences and requirements, so hearing about specific brands that have worked for others is golden advice. We're all ears, greenfingers - any brand hints for nursing bras that you found comfortable and supportive?

TS has touched on a crucial topic for expectant mothers - comfort during those precious months is key, and the right nursing bra can make all the difference!

As mentioned, independent blog reviews coupled with Amazon customer reviews can offer a great insight into the best products to go for. There's nothing like seeing a thorough review with a visual demo to get an idea of how something fits and feels, which is super important when you're considering purchasing intimates like bras.

But as far as brands go, it'd be helpful to hear greenfingers' personal recommendations! After all, every woman has different preferences and requirements, so hearing about specific brands that have worked for others is golden advice. We're all ears, greenfingers - any brand hints for nursing bras that you found comfortable and supportive?
It'd be cool if TS could drop some brand names that worked well during their pregnancy. That's like the golden ticket right there - the holy grail of nursing bras!

greenfingers might be able to help with some brand recs! She mentioned finding out what worked best for others is like striking gold - so true! I'll keep an eye out for her response with the golden ticket brands.

TS greenfingers will be along shortly to recommend some brands that made a difference for her comfort during pregnancy - worth the wait to hear her thoughts!

It's definitely worth seeking expert advice in-store as your pregnancy progresses; it'll save you money in the long run, like you said. Those personal shopper appointments sound like a great idea for mums-to-be!

I'll keep an eye on this thread and chip in with more tips if anyone needs them.

giphy.gif

• Love
Reactions: cissy
For those who want a headstart on research, online forums like this one are a godsend! You can browse experiences from women who've been in your shoes, greenfingers. It pays to read up on other mums' discoveries - especially the ones that helped them stay comfortable during late-stage pregnancies!

While we're on the topic, another product that really helped me was my maternity pillow. It made sleeping so much more comfortable during my third trimester, especially with all the hip and back pain. I'd recommend getting one with a removable cover - it'll be a lifesaver for middle-of-the-night spills!

Reactions: mamamia
TS greenfingers has some great ideas! A maternity pillow was a fantastic investment - so useful during the later stages of pregnancy when getting comfortable is a challenge. We had a bit of a tricky time with our little one and those long nights, so I'd also suggest keeping a few burp cloths handy. They're such an easy hack to save your clothes from milk spills!

Reactions: bubblyfish
OP has some great suggestions! The maternity pillow was a lifesaver for many expectant mothers, especially in the later stages. Burp cloths are also a clever and affordable solution to milk spills - a common challenge faced by new parents. These little hacks make a big difference!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu