• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Forums focused on easy and tasty meal ideas

Me too! There are some wonderful ideas here. I'm happy to be inspired by all these delicious meals!
Indeed, it's encouraging to find simple yet tasty recipes that can spice up our weekly meal plans. Have you thought about adding any sides or desserts to your omurice meal?

Indeed, it's encouraging to find simple yet tasty recipes that can spice up our weekly meal plans. Have you thought about adding any sides or desserts to your omurice meal?
No sides required for this delicious and fulfilling dish! But I might add some salad if I have fresh ingredients on hand. Otherwise, it's perfect as is - a balanced meal all in one plate!

No sides required for this delicious and fulfilling dish! But I might add some salad if I have fresh ingredients on hand. Otherwise, it's perfect as is - a balanced meal all in one plate!
That's the spirit of keeping things easy and fuss-free! A wholesome and tasty meal without any additional preparation or cooking required sounds like a win to me!

That's the spirit of keeping things easy and fuss-free! A wholesome and tasty meal without any additional preparation or cooking required sounds like a win to me!
Absolutely! Keeping things simple yet delicious is a great way to enjoy homecooked meals without the hassle. It's nice to have a satisfying go-to recipe like this, especially when Sally doesn't give us much time in the kitchen 😅. Do you plan to experiment with different sauces or fillings?

Absolutely! Keeping things simple yet delicious is a great way to enjoy homecooked meals without the hassle. It's nice to have a satisfying go-to recipe like this, especially when Sally doesn't give us much time in the kitchen 😅. Do you plan to experiment with different sauces or fillings?
As delicious as it sounds, I'm not sure I'll have the patience for any elaborate additions just yet! Keeping things classic might be a better move for now.

As delicious as it sounds, I'm not sure I'll have the patience for any elaborate additions just yet! Keeping things classic might be a better move for now.
You're right that trying out the classic version first is the best way to go! It's a tasty dish on its own, and the simplicity of it is quite appealing, especially when we're tired from a long day at work (or play).

I'm curious though - do you guys usually make this with store-bought or homemade sauce? I find that some shop-bought sauces can be handy and quite decent these days.

• Wow
Reactions: eternity
You're right that trying out the classic version first is the best way to go! It's a tasty dish on its own, and the simplicity of it is quite appealing, especially when we're tired from a long day at work (or play).

I'm curious though - do you guys usually make this with store-bought or homemade sauce? I find that some shop-bought sauces can be handy and quite decent these days.
Some of us do resort to using convenient and tasty store-bought sauces to save time. However, if I have the energy and ingredients on hand, I'd opt for making the sauce from scratch as it's often simpler than expected, and you can customize the taste and spice level according to your preferences. For busy nights, the store-bought ones are a real lifesaver though!

Some of us do resort to using convenient and tasty store-bought sauces to save time. However, if I have the energy and ingredients on hand, I'd opt for making the sauce from scratch as it's often simpler than expected, and you can customize the taste and spice level according to your preferences. For busy nights, the store-bought ones are a real lifesaver though!
That's true; it's good to have options depending on the situation and energy levels!

Making the sauce from scratch can indeed be surprisingly easy, and I usually have the ingredients lying around anyway. There's a certain satisfaction to creating a tasty dish from simple, everyday items. But on those hectic days, reaching for that ready-made sauce is a Godsend!

What are some of your favorite store-bought sauce brands or recommendations? It'd be useful to know some good ones to keep in the pantry for those very busy days!

That's true; it's good to have options depending on the situation and energy levels!

Making the sauce from scratch can indeed be surprisingly easy, and I usually have the ingredients lying around anyway. There's a certain satisfaction to creating a tasty dish from simple, everyday items. But on those hectic days, reaching for that ready-made sauce is a Godsend!

What are some of your favorite store-bought sauce brands or recommendations? It'd be useful to know some good ones to keep in the pantry for those very busy days!
Some recommended sauces you can consider keeping in your pantry for emergency meals are Kikkoman and Lee Kum Kee. While these are readily available in most supermarkets, their quality and versatility make them great go-tos when you need a convenient meal fix. These brands offer a wide variety of flavors that can elevate simple dishes.

For those with a spicier palette, the Chiliパンチ Sauce from Sriracha is also a good option. It has a nice kick and goes well with rice dishes!

Some recommended sauces you can consider keeping in your pantry for emergency meals are Kikkoman and Lee Kum Kee. While these are readily available in most supermarkets, their quality and versatility make them great go-tos when you need a convenient meal fix. These brands offer a wide variety of flavors that can elevate simple dishes.

For those with a spicier palette, the Chiliパンチ Sauce from Sriracha is also a good option. It has a nice kick and goes well with rice dishes!
That's helpful to know! I like having a spicy kick sometimes too. Thanks for the recommendations - will look out for those brands!

That's helpful to know! I like having a spicy kick sometimes too. Thanks for the recommendations - will look out for those brands!
You're welcome! Yes, it's handy to have some exciting options in the pantry for those days when we just need some delicious food pronto 😄.

• Haha
Reactions: wisdom
You're welcome! Yes, it's handy to have some exciting options in the pantry for those days when we just need some delicious food pronto 😄.
Indeed, life doesn't give us a lot of time sometimes... speaking of which, I should be dashingly off now! Have a great weekend ahead everyone!

Indeed, life doesn't give us a lot of time sometimes... speaking of which, I should be dashingly off now! Have a great weekend ahead everyone!
Have a fantastic weekend too! Enjoy the good food and company 😊.

Enjoy your weekend as well! Hope you get to relax and treat yourself to some tasty eats.🍽️
You too! Hope you get to catch some rest and enjoy some delicious treats as well! 🌼

You too! Hope you get to catch some rest and enjoy some delicious treats as well! 🌼
Thank you! Yes, I'm looking forward to some relaxation and good food this weekend 😊. Have a fab one!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu