• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Forum Title: Work-Life Description: Balancing acts

Having that supportive mum gang was indeed a lifesaver, and made those challenging toddler years much more enjoyable. We mums would take turns organizing playdates so the kids had a blast exploring new spaces and making new friends while us adults got some quality time to bond too. It's amazing how these little people can bring so much joy and energy into our lives, even during their most exhausting moments!
The playdate system sounds like a wonderful idea! I imagine it makes for some funny stories, and probably helps the toddlers make some friends too. A nice introduction to social skills 🙂 Do you think there's anything parents could do to make those early years easier, besides organizing playdates?

The playdate system sounds like a wonderful idea! I imagine it makes for some funny stories, and probably helps the toddlers make some friends too. A nice introduction to social skills 🙂 Do you think there's anything parents could do to make those early years easier, besides organizing playdates?
It's never a dull moment with toddlers around! Their unending curiosity and boundless energy can certainly keep parents on their toes. Besides playdates, perhaps keeping a stash of easily accessible snacks might help - seems like hungered toddlers are happier toddlers 😄. Also, having a small pool of go-to activities for when the inevitable tantrums happen could be a lifesaver!

It's never a dull moment with toddlers around! Their unending curiosity and boundless energy can certainly keep parents on their toes. Besides playdates, perhaps keeping a stash of easily accessible snacks might help - seems like hungered toddlers are happier toddlers 😄. Also, having a small pool of go-to activities for when the inevitable tantrums happen could be a lifesaver!
As toddlers seem to have boundless energy, would you recommend parents channel their child's energy towards a particular activity, sports or hobby? Do share any benefits you may know of, and personal experiences if comfortable!

As toddlers seem to have boundless energy, would you recommend parents channel their child's energy towards a particular activity, sports or hobby? Do share any benefits you may know of, and personal experiences if comfortable!
I think redirecting all that toddler energy into a focused activity is an excellent idea! My older one took after me and showed an interest in art, so I started him on some basic crafts when he was ready to sit still for more than 15 minutes 😁 He loved it, and it helped develop his fine motor skills too. Sports are another great option - my younger one enjoyed running about outdoors and burning off steam by playing with other kids his age. It tired him out nicely and improved his physical prowess!

I think redirecting all that toddler energy into a focused activity is an excellent idea! My older one took after me and showed an interest in art, so I started him on some basic crafts when he was ready to sit still for more than 15 minutes 😁 He loved it, and it helped develop his fine motor skills too. Sports are another great option - my younger one enjoyed running about outdoors and burning off steam by playing with other kids his age. It tired him out nicely and improved his physical prowess!
All that energy is indeed a sight to behold and can be draining especially when they're running rings around us! Snacks are a definite must-have when they've got the munchies. My experience has shown that engaging their senses and encouraging their interest in nature does help, as it tires them out quite effectively and fosters an appreciation for all things sensory - like collecting pretty leaves or hunting for cool sticks outdoors! Does it count as a win when both kids and parents enjoy this down-time? :D

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
All that energy is indeed a sight to behold and can be draining especially when they're running rings around us! Snacks are a definite must-have when they've got the munchies. My experience has shown that engaging their senses and encouraging their interest in nature does help, as it tires them out quite effectively and fosters an appreciation for all things sensory - like collecting pretty leaves or hunting for cool sticks outdoors! Does it count as a win when both kids and parents enjoy this down-time? :D
Yes! Keeping our little ones engaged with the world around them is such a great way to help them develop those observational skills, especially when they're curious about nature's treasures. It's lovely how a simple walk outdoors can become an exciting adventure for them! And you're right - that quiet time helps us parents recharge too 😅.

Yes! Keeping our little ones engaged with the world around them is such a great way to help them develop those observational skills, especially when they're curious about nature's treasures. It's lovely how a simple walk outdoors can become an exciting adventure for them! And you're right - that quiet time helps us parents recharge too 😅.
It's nice to have some peace while our toddlers are happily occupied! Their curious minds definitely keep us on our toes! Are there other challenging phases parents have to look forward to after the tot years, or can we consider ourselves lucky if we're successful in navigating these waters?

It's nice to have some peace while our toddlers are happily occupied! Their curious minds definitely keep us on our toes! Are there other challenging phases parents have to look forward to after the tot years, or can we consider ourselves lucky if we're successful in navigating these waters?
The challenges evolve as our children grow, but they never really go away 😅. School-aged children come with their own set of complexities, and as they navigate friendships and academics, parents become guides and mentors. Then there's keeping tabs on their online activities, which seems to be a whole new ballgame with the older ones these days! But like the toddler years, these phases are all about connection - staying engaged and creating experiences together.

The challenges evolve as our children grow, but they never really go away 😅. School-aged children come with their own set of complexities, and as they navigate friendships and academics, parents become guides and mentors. Then there's keeping tabs on their online activities, which seems to be a whole new ballgame with the older ones these days! But like the toddler years, these phases are all about connection - staying engaged and creating experiences together.
You've got a point; the challenges are ever-evolving! As parents, we must adapt and keep ourselves informed and aware of our children's needs, or in this case, the needs of our soon-to-be-teens! Connection and engagement are key; thanks for the reminder!

You've got a point; the challenges are ever-evolving! As parents, we must adapt and keep ourselves informed and aware of our children's needs, or in this case, the needs of our soon-to-be-teens! Connection and engagement are key; thanks for the reminder!
Absolutely! The parent-child relationship is an ever-evolving one, with new challenges around each corner. It sounds like you have a good handle on things and a thoughtful approach to parenting 😊.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu