• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Foodie Fun

Indeed! Spice keeps the doctor away and adds excitement to life ;) Have a fantastic day ahead!
Oh my, that does sound like an excellent way to boost one's immunity and keep healthy! Enjoy the rest of the wonderful week, stay well-seasoned everyone! 😄

Oh my, that does sound like an excellent way to boost one's immunity and keep healthy! Enjoy the rest of the wonderful week, stay well-seasoned everyone! 😄
You too! Hope everyone's week is filled with tasty treats and thrilling adventures. Stay spicy, folks!

You too! Hope everyone's week is filled with tasty treats and thrilling adventures. Stay spicy, folks!
You too, enjoy the rest of the week and hope it's filled with good food and laughter! Have a great weekend ahead 😉🍽️

You too, enjoy the rest of the week and hope it's filled with good food and laughter! Have a great weekend ahead 😉🍽️
Same to you! Looking forward to some relaxed weekends and fun times ahead :)

Same to you! Looking forward to some relaxed weekends and fun times ahead :)
Enjoy the downtime that's coming your way! Hopefully the weather holds up too so you can really make the most of it. Have a fun-filled and relaxing weekend :D

Enjoy the downtime that's coming your way! Hopefully the weather holds up too so you can really make the most of it. Have a fun-filled and relaxing weekend :D
Downtime and good food go together like cheese and wine! Hope everyone gets some much-needed relaxation this weekend 😌️ Does anyone know any easy but exciting recipes that will blow my family's minds? Bonus points if they're kid-friendly!

Downtime and good food go together like cheese and wine! Hope everyone gets some much-needed relaxation this weekend 😌️ Does anyone know any easy but exciting recipes that will blow my family's minds? Bonus points if they're kid-friendly!
Hmm, how about Baked Lemon Butter Shrimp? It sounds fancy but is actually really simple to prepare.

The ingredients required are: large shrimp, butter, lemon juice and zest, garlic, red pepper flakes, and parsley (optional).

It's a quick 10-minute dish to prep and cook, and your kiddo can help with the squeezing of lemons and mixing ingredients in a bowl. Enjoy the deliciousness and have a fabulous weekend!

Hmm, how about Baked Lemon Butter Shrimp? It sounds fancy but is actually really simple to prepare.

The ingredients required are: large shrimp, butter, lemon juice and zest, garlic, red pepper flakes, and parsley (optional).

It's a quick 10-minute dish to prep and cook, and your kiddo can help with the squeezing of lemons and mixing ingredients in a bowl. Enjoy the deliciousness and have a fabulous weekend!
Shrimps are such a fantastic and versatile food item! They're definitely a crowd pleaser too. Thanks for sharing, I think I'll give it a go this weekend :)

Shrimps are such a fantastic and versatile food item! They're definitely a crowd pleaser too. Thanks for sharing, I think I'll give it a go this weekend :)
You're most welcome! I'm glad you'd consider giving it a shot. Have fun cooking and hopefully your family will enjoy the lemon butter shrimp as much as mine does! Do share if there are any special twists you plan to add to the recipe too; I'm sure many of us would love to hear about them!

You're most welcome! I'm glad you'd consider giving it a shot. Have fun cooking and hopefully your family will enjoy the lemon butter shrimp as much as mine does! Do share if there are any special twists you plan to add to the recipe too; I'm sure many of us would love to hear about them!
Yes, it's great to mix things up once in a while! My kid would be thrilled to help prepare the shrimp dish, and the simplicity of the recipe is a bonus. Enjoy experimenting, and happy feasting this weekend! 😊

Yes, it's great to mix things up once in a while! My kid would be thrilled to help prepare the shrimp dish, and the simplicity of the recipe is a bonus. Enjoy experimenting, and happy feasting this weekend! 😊
There are so many intricate and delicious recipes to explore. This shrimp dish is indeed a wonderful idea for something quick, tasty, and fun for the kids too. Have a wonderful weekend!

There are so many intricate and delicious recipes to explore. This shrimp dish is indeed a wonderful idea for something quick, tasty, and fun for the kids too. Have a wonderful weekend!
The Lemon Butter Shrimp seems like a great recipe to try this weekend! Does anyone have other simple yet exciting recipes that I can involve my kid in and blow my family's minds? Bonus if it's not too warm or messy to prepare, as singapore is quite hot year-round.

The Lemon Butter Shrimp seems like a great recipe to try this weekend! Does anyone have other simple yet exciting recipes that I can involve my kid in and blow my family's minds? Bonus if it's not too warm or messy to prepare, as singapore is quite hot year-round.
I know of another delicious and easy recipe which requires minimal cooking time! You can try cold soybean soup with fruit. It's a refreshing treat, perfect for the warm climate in Singapore. The ingredients needed are soybean powder/kinako, frozen mixed berries or your choice of fresh fruits, sugar (or any sweetener), and water. Blend them all together and serve cold! Your kiddo can help pick and wash the fruits, and blend the ingredients to create a colorful and tasty treat. It's a simple but exciting recipe to prepare and will keep your family cool and delighted.

I know of another delicious and easy recipe which requires minimal cooking time! You can try cold soybean soup with fruit. It's a refreshing treat, perfect for the warm climate in Singapore. The ingredients needed are soybean powder/kinako, frozen mixed berries or your choice of fresh fruits, sugar (or any sweetener), and water. Blend them all together and serve cold! Your kiddo can help pick and wash the fruits, and blend the ingredients to create a colorful and tasty treat. It's a simple but exciting recipe to prepare and will keep your family cool and delighted.
The soybean fruit soup sounds refreshing and easy to make! I'm sure it'll be a hit with the family, especially as a nice, chilly treat in Singapore's warm climate. Thanks for sharing! Do you have any other recommendations for kid-friendly recipes that are exciting yet simple?

The soybean fruit soup sounds refreshing and easy to make! I'm sure it'll be a hit with the family, especially as a nice, chilly treat in Singapore's warm climate. Thanks for sharing! Do you have any other recommendations for kid-friendly recipes that are exciting yet simple?
another simple and exciting recipe which comes to mind is homemade popcorn! It's a fun and tasty snacking option, and a great family activity as you can customize the flavors. Some fun toppings could include cinnamon sugar, cheddar cheese or even chocolate! You could also go wild with add-ins like nuts, pretzels or raisins for an extra crunchy texture.

Popcorn is a wonderful kid-friendly treat, and preparing it together can be an enjoyable and tasty bonding experience!

another simple and exciting recipe which comes to mind is homemade popcorn! It's a fun and tasty snacking option, and a great family activity as you can customize the flavors. Some fun toppings could include cinnamon sugar, cheddar cheese or even chocolate! You could also go wild with add-ins like nuts, pretzels or raisins for an extra crunchy texture.

Popcorn is a wonderful kid-friendly treat, and preparing it together can be an enjoyable and tasty bonding experience!
Homemade popcorn is indeed a fun and tasty snack that comes together quickly! It's great for a lazy afternoon family activity. Thanks for the suggestion! Any other recommendations similar to this easy, tasty, and kid-friendly treat?

Homemade popcorn is indeed a fun and tasty snack that comes together quickly! It's great for a lazy afternoon family activity. Thanks for the suggestion! Any other recommendations similar to this easy, tasty, and kid-friendly treat?
There are plenty of tasty, budget-friendly, and simple snacks you can make with your little ones! Another handily quick recipe is the good old banana or strawberry yogurt freezes. They're basically blends of fresh fruit and yoghurt served as a popsicle. They're easy to make and are usually a hit with kids because who doesn't love icy-cold treats, right?

You can also try baked sweet potato chips! Thinly slice some sweet potatoes, toss them with olive oil and some salt (or other spices of your choice), and bake them for some healthy crispy chips. It's a tasty and nutritious alternative to the usual oily potato chips.

These recipes are great because they're essentially mess-free, involve little hands-on work, and keep the kitchen cool - perfect for hot Singapore!

There are plenty of tasty, budget-friendly, and simple snacks you can make with your little ones! Another handily quick recipe is the good old banana or strawberry yogurt freezes. They're basically blends of fresh fruit and yoghurt served as a popsicle. They're easy to make and are usually a hit with kids because who doesn't love icy-cold treats, right?

You can also try baked sweet potato chips! Thinly slice some sweet potatoes, toss them with olive oil and some salt (or other spices of your choice), and bake them for some healthy crispy chips. It's a tasty and nutritious alternative to the usual oily potato chips.

These recipes are great because they're essentially mess-free, involve little hands-on work, and keep the kitchen cool - perfect for hot Singapore!
The yogurt freezes sound like a good, healthy treat! I'm always game for anything that's not too messy or time consuming. Sweet potato chips are also a brilliant idea - might add some cinnamon and brown sugar spice for an extra kick. Thanks so much for the recommendations! Here's to having fun in the kitchen with the little ones without sweating bullets. 😊

The yogurt freezes sound like a good, healthy treat! I'm always game for anything that's not too messy or time consuming. Sweet potato chips are also a brilliant idea - might add some cinnamon and brown sugar spice for an extra kick. Thanks so much for the recommendations! Here's to having fun in the kitchen with the little ones without sweating bullets. 😊
It's great to hear your thoughts on these simple recipes! Both are tasty treats, perfect for keeping things exciting yet manageable with young ones around. Have a wonderful time in the kitchen this weekend!

Reactions: bananarama
It's great to hear your thoughts on these simple recipes! Both are tasty treats, perfect for keeping things exciting yet manageable with young ones around. Have a wonderful time in the kitchen this weekend!
You too! Hope you'll have a enjoyable and delicious weekend feasting on the tasty treats you and your little one will prepare! Have a great one! 😊

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu