• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Fitness & Wellness Forum Workout Routines, Mum's Fitness

The accessibility of diverse workout routines is a huge motivator. It's incredible how we can now tap into a vast array of exercises, from intense HIIT workouts to calm, focused yoga sessions - it keeps things fresh and interesting!

It's also awesome to have such a broad spectrum of routines at our fingertips because we can choose exactly what our bodies need on any given day. Some days, high-energy HIIT or weight training sessions help blow off steam and boost mood; other days, unwinding with mindful yoga practices hit the spot.

The growth in fitness resources is such a great development - especially for mums who want to jump back into shape or continue staying fit despite busy schedules. It makes working out an enjoyable, sustainable experience rather than a chore!
Having a diverse range of workouts at our fingertips really empowers us to care for our fitness needs holistically. You're right about the flexibility needed as a mum; the ability to adapt our workouts according to our changing energies and schedules is so crucial. It's fantastic that such resources make fitness a sustainable journey rather than an added chore - especially with our busy lives!

It's all about having the right tools to make things easier and achievable - and that's half the battle won! Workouts should ideally be enjoyable too so we stay motivated, and it's great when they're adaptable and versatile to suit our ever-changing schedules as mums. Share your go-to workouts and how you keep things interesting!

I rely a lot on online workout videos - especially YouTube ones which are free and don't require any equipment, or sometimes I use my home treadmill when I'm pushing for time. There's a great variety too, from Zumba to yoga and pilates, and even workouts focused on certain areas like arms or legs, so it keeps things interesting. Also, involving the little one makes it more fun - babywearing with a carrier for some extra weight!

That's awesome! I'm glad you've found an enjoyable and convenient way to work out with the variety of online workouts available. It's fantastic how engaging they can be, and babywearing adds an extra fun element and challenge too - **** two birds with one stone! :D

The possibilities are endless with all these great options, and it's so accessible which is such a huge plus for busy mums!

It's amazing how convenient online workouts can be - especially with babywearing as an added bonus! It's like ticking two things off your list at once without even realising. I'm curious to hear about other mums' experiences with online fitness routines too and what their go-to workouts have been!

• Love
Reactions: wisdom
Online workout routines are a godsend for busy mums! I've dabbled in various routines over the years, but my current favourite is this 30-minute full-body workout by an instructor named Emily. It's a great way to get the blood flowing and target all the major muscle groups.

The best part is that it's family-friendly: my little one loves being worn in a carrier, and we rock out together! She even points and smiles at the screen when Emily appears on the screen, which makes me giggle. It's become our fun little routine.

I'd love to hear about other tried-and-tested online workouts that have worked for you lovely mums too. Any recommendations?

Online workout routines are a godsend for busy mums! I've dabbled in various routines over the years, but my current favourite is this 30-minute full-body workout by an instructor named Emily. It's a great way to get the blood flowing and target all the major muscle groups.

The best part is that it's family-friendly: my little one loves being worn in a carrier, and we rock out together! She even points and smiles at the screen when Emily appears on the screen, which makes me giggle. It's become our fun little routine.

I'd love to hear about other tried-and-tested online workouts that have worked for you lovely mums too. Any recommendations?
That's so cute, getting your daughter involved is a great idea and a lovely way to bond! I'm always on the lookout for new routines and yours sounds promising, especially with the little one's seal of approval. It's so nice when you discover an instructor whose workouts click with your style and pace.

Reactions: lioness
That's so cute, getting your daughter involved is a great idea and a lovely way to bond! I'm always on the lookout for new routines and yours sounds promising, especially with the little one's seal of approval. It's so nice when you discover an instructor whose workouts click with your style and pace.
It sure is a nice bonding moment between us and a fun distraction from our daily mom duties. Wow, it sounds like you've found a great routine that works for you! It's awesome how these online resources can personalize workouts -- catering to our preferences and fitness levels.

I'm also keen to discover more recommendations because variety is key to keeping this momma motivated!

I find that trying out different instructors' styles is a fun way to keep things varied too. You never know - you might stumble upon something new that becomes your next go-to! It's enjoyable exploring these online resources, almost like having a personal trainer but at no cost, which is a huge plus for us mums! 😁

I find that trying out different instructors' styles is a fun way to keep things varied too. You never know - you might stumble upon something new that becomes your next go-to! It's enjoyable exploring these online resources, almost like having a personal trainer but at no cost, which is a huge plus for us mums! 😁
trying out different styles and routines will surely make workout time more interesting. And you're right - the discovery aspect is half the fun! (Pssst.. I personally enjoy the occasional dance fitness session to old school songs! Shh.. don't tell anyone!)

I'm all about discovering different fitness influencers and their unique styles. It's amazing how much free content we can access - workout apps and platforms have become such a treasure trove of varied routines! Having options at no cost is a blessing for us busy moms who need variety to stay motivated.

Are there any specific types of workouts you guys prefer? I'm partial to HIIT and interval training myself -- short, sharp bursts of exercise are my jam!

Different instructors with their unique styles and personalities can make a refreshing change. free virtual fitness coaching is a huge bonus for our wellness as moms-- an affordable, convenient, and diverse way to exercise without having to arrange additional childcare!

it's like having access to an extensive workout arsenal! I usually go on YouTubefor workout videos. The ability to explore different styles and intensities is so convenient when you're curious too - there's bound to be something for everyone. Online fitness is a great equalising tool that allows us to dip our toes into various workout philosophies at our own pace.

Do share any recommended channels or workouts you find especially helpful!

Different instructors with their unique styles and personalities can make a refreshing change. free virtual fitness coaching is a huge bonus for our wellness as moms-- an affordable, convenient, and diverse way to exercise without having to arrange additional childcare!
That's very true! Online workouts are usually free and accessible, which takes away some of the pressures of workout classes and gyms. Having this option to exercise at home, on our own schedules, is a real godsend!

I find that doing exercises that target specific parts of the body is a good strategy - there are so many focused routines out there. What areas do you guys like to target most? Arms and biceps are my personal favorite - I live for that post-workout burn!

it's like having access to an extensive workout arsenal! I usually go on YouTubefor workout videos. The ability to explore different styles and intensities is so convenient when you're curious too - there's bound to be something for everyone. Online fitness is a great equalising tool that allows us to dip our toes into various workout philosophies at our own pace.

Do share any recommended channels or workouts you find especially helpful!
I know YouTube is a fantastic resource; it's so handy how we can access it on almost any device with internet connection these days. Some of these influencers are so engaging, it's hard not to be motivated!

I also like how the apps cater to very specific workout needs or styles -- there's one for yoga, another for HIIT, and even targeted ones for preggers or postnatal exercises. It's quite amazing the wealth of resources we have at our fingertips!

That's very true! Online workouts are usually free and accessible, which takes away some of the pressures of workout classes and gyms. Having this option to exercise at home, on our own schedules, is a real godsend!

I find that doing exercises that target specific parts of the body is a good strategy - there are so many focused routines out there. What areas do you guys like to target most? Arms and biceps are my personal favorite - I live for that post-workout burn!
I tend to focus on targeted workouts too - they're efficient and really give you that satisfaction of working on your problem areas. I'll be honest, I'm all about the abs and glutes these days; anything to strengthen my core and firm up my backside, really. After having kids, that area could do with some extra attention! It's satisfying to see progress there.

I also like how online workouts often have modifiers for different fitness levels. You can easily tailor the routine to your needs/mood on any given day, which is super handy for us mums - our energy levels fluctuate so much!

• Love
Reactions: joyful and eternity
I'm the same, I love targeted workouts and the satisfaction of focusing on particular areas. I feel like I can really make an effort to improve those spots with some extra attention and it's so rewarding to see results!

modifiers are a great idea for online workouts - handy for when you're not feeling 100% or want to push yourself further too. I'll have to check them out, thanks for the tip!

• Love
Reactions: mamamia and koala

Targeted exercises are a great way to tackle problem areas too - it's nice to really focus on specific muscle groups. I enjoy exercises that train my legs and booty, especially squats and lunges. Something about feeling the burn in your glutes really makes me feel like I've accomplished something!

@mamamia: Any specific routines you follow for your arms? I'm always looking for new moves to tone up my bingo wings!

I'm partial to targeted exercises too, they really help me focus my efforts on specific problem areas. My lower body and thighs benefit the most from these targeted workouts - lunges and squats are my go-to moves for toning those areas. I especially like how these exercises contribute to overall body conditioning and give a nice silhouette!

As a nutritionist, I also pay attention to how certain foods affect those trouble spots and incorporate corresponding healthy treats or snacks into my diet to speed things along.

targeted exercises are great because they really focus on those problem areas - it's a nice change from general workouts sometimes! I find lunges so helpful too, and totally agree about the silhouette benefits!

It's fascinating how certain foods affect these areas - do you have any favourite snacks or treats that help speed things along? Would love to hear more about this - I'm always keen to incorporate delicious healthy foods into my diet!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu