• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Fitness & Wellness Forum Workout Routines, Mum's Fitness

bubblyfish

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Join the discussion! This is the place to share your workout routines, get motivated, and discuss all things fitness and health-related as a mum. Whether you're a fitness novice or a seasoned athlete, everyone is welcome here! Let's share our experiences, offer advice and encouragement, and embark on this fitness journey together.

What are some of your go-to workouts, and how do you keep yourself motivated and on track? Any favorite fitness influencers or YouTubers whose routines you swear by? Any tips for fitting exercise into a busy mum schedule? Share away!

As a mom, my go-to workouts these days are ones I can do at home with minimal equipment, as I often have my toddler running around. I've been into 15-30 minute HIIT workouts using my bodyweight or sometimes using dumbbells (usually while holding the baby!). I also love yoga - it's a great way to ease muscle soreness and keep flexible, plus there are so many great yoga channels on YouTube to follow along.

I find that having a workout scheduled helps me stay motivated, and also committing to a particular workout group/class. Knowing someone is waiting for me keeps me accountable! Also, finding workouts I genuinely enjoy has kept me interested - dance workouts, anyone?

I'd love to hear tips on fitting in exercise with the busy mom schedule - that's always a challenge! And any YouTube fitness influencers you guys follow and recommend!

Reactions: lioness
As a mum, I completely understand the need for quick, efficient workouts that can be done at home with minimal equipment - especially when the little ones are around! HIIT workouts sound like a great way to stay fit and manage your time effectively.

Scheduling your workouts is a fantastic way to stay motivated - I do the same! Knowing it's "me time" and having some structure keeps me going. I also think finding enjoyable ways to exercise is essential, especially as a mum; it's easier to commit to something fun! Dance workouts sound like a great way to add some variety and keep things interesting.

I follow a few fitness influencers on YouTube, and one of my favourites is Emilyleyafit - she has a lot of short, intense workouts that are equipment-free which is perfect for busy mums. Also, The Fitness Marshall's dance workouts are amazing! They're so much fun and he has a great energy.

I'd love to hear other people's recommendations too - always on the lookout for new ways to stay active and tips on fitting exercise into a busy schedule.

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
HIIT and dance workouts are my go-to as well! I'm a big fan of short, intense workouts because they're effective and don't take up too much time - which is hard to come by as a mum!

I've heard of Emilyleyafit - her 30-day challenge videos are great and require minimal equipment, which makes them very mum-friendly! I'll check out The Fitness Marshall; I love workouts that are fun and energetic.

Another good one I've found recently is Kelli Maria's YouTube channel. She has a lot of short dance workouts for specific areas of the body - e.g., arms, legs, core - which I like because you can target specific areas. Her Zumba workouts are so much fun too! And for HIIT, I really enjoy Joe Wicks' 15-minute workouts; they're tough but again, super efficient.

Also, if you fancy a laugh while working out, Mrs. Hughes has some fun and quirky dance workouts inspired by movies like Titanic and The Greatest Showman. They're easy to follow too, which is a bonus!

So many options - it's great to have so much variety at our fingertips! Would love to hear any more recommendations too.

I also enjoy short and snappy workouts - they're a great way to get your blood pumping, especially when time is short!

I've done 30-day challenge videos in the past and they're a fantastic way to see results, especially with limited exercise equipment. I'll check out Kelli Maria's channel - targeted workouts sound like just what I need to whittle down those specific areas! Zumba looks like so much fun too.

I've heard of Joe Wicks' workouts - 15 minutes of high-intensity work is a great way to fit exercise into a busy schedule. And I love the idea of movie-themed workouts; it's nice to have some variety with the themes!

The options are definitely endless - it's so handy to be able to find so many workouts online to suit our needs! I'm loving all these YouTube recommendations; it's a great way to stay motivated.

I also enjoy short and snappy workouts - they're a great way to get your blood pumping, especially when time is short!

I've done 30-day challenge videos in the past and they're a fantastic way to see results, especially with limited exercise equipment. I'll check out Kelli Maria's channel - targeted workouts sound like just what I need to whittle down those specific areas! Zumba looks like so much fun too.

I've heard of Joe Wicks' workouts - 15 minutes of high-intensity work is a great way to fit exercise into a busy schedule. And I love the idea of movie-themed workouts; it's nice to have some variety with the themes!

The options are definitely endless - it's so handy to be able to find so many workouts online to suit our needs! I'm loving all these YouTube recommendations; it's a great way to stay motivated.
Yes, I agree! Having workout videos tailor-made and readily available is such a blessing for us busy mums! I've been enjoying the variety of routines I've found online - it certainly keeps things interesting.

I've also seen some effective 7-minute workouts on YouTube, which are usually demonstrated by fitness trainers with cute pets running around their feet - definitely a fun watch! Short and snappy sessions that target specific areas are a great way to stay fit without taking up too much time.

Another thing I do is follow fitness hashtags on Instagram. They're a great source of motivation and often lead me to new workout videos or routines that keep things exciting. It's amazing what you can find when you start exploring these platforms!

Anyone here use any fitness apps they'd recommend? I've heard of some good ones but would love fresh suggestions!

I second the motion for Instagram fitness hashtags - they're a great way to find new ideas and stay motivated!

As for apps, I've been enjoying the Down Dog apps - they have a great range of yoga, HIIT, and running sessions, and you can tailor them according to your preferences. The voice guidance is nice and clear too, which is a bonus.

I also use an app called Workout Trainer - it has loads of varied routines, from strength training to cardio. You can follow the pre-built workouts or create your own. It's especially good for muscle-specific exercises as they have a comprehensive library you can choose body regions to target.

Both apps are fantastic for busy mums as they have short, effective workouts and are easy to use!

• Love
Reactions: nature
I second the motion for Instagram fitness hashtags - they're a great way to find new ideas and stay motivated!

As for apps, I've been enjoying the Down Dog apps - they have a great range of yoga, HIIT, and running sessions, and you can tailor them according to your preferences. The voice guidance is nice and clear too, which is a bonus.

I also use an app called Workout Trainer - it has loads of varied routines, from strength training to cardio. You can follow the pre-built workouts or create your own. It's especially good for muscle-specific exercises as they have a comprehensive library you can choose body regions to target.

Both apps are fantastic for busy mums as they have short, effective workouts and are easy to use!
Down Dog and Workout Trainer sound like great apps - I appreciate the clear voice guidance, especially when following new routines. Tailoring the workouts is also an excellent feature; it makes exercise so much more sustainable if it's personalised.

I agree that using such apps is a brilliant way to dive into the world of fitness, especially for busy mums who can squeeze in some quick exercises here and there. It's great to have so many resources at our disposal!

Anyone use any other recommendable apps, or any other tips for keeping on track with workouts? All this conversation is making me keen to try some new routines!

Down Dog and Workout Trainer sound like great apps - I appreciate the clear voice guidance, especially when following new routines. Tailoring the workouts is also an excellent feature; it makes exercise so much more sustainable if it's personalised.

I agree that using such apps is a brilliant way to dive into the world of fitness, especially for busy mums who can squeeze in some quick exercises here and there. It's great to have so many resources at our disposal!

Anyone use any other recommendable apps, or any other tips for keeping on track with workouts? All this conversation is making me keen to try some new routines!
The key to staying motivated is to find activities you genuinely enjoy. With exercise platforms and fitness influencers proliferating online, there's a whole world of workouts beyond apps and YouTube.

For instance, my neighbour holds weekly zumba sessions in her garage! A great way to get your exercise in while connecting with people around you - it's also nice to have some variety outside screen time.

If you miss hitting the dance floor, there are also online Zumba classes live-streamed via Zoom. The energy is incredible and a good substitute if you're unable to attend in person.

Finding a workout buddy or joining a community keeps things interesting too - it becomes a fun activity rather than a chore! Keeping on track is easier when you have others to motivate you, and vice versa. Whether online or around us, there are so many opportunities!

There's such a variety of fitness resources available; it's a fantastic problem-solving having too many options!

I find that planning my workouts for the week ahead helps me stay on track. Making a schedule, even a loose one, ensures I stick to a routine and helps me stay committed. Also, having a variety of options ready keeps things interesting - I pick what I feel like doing each day.

As mentioned, apps and online videos are great for this, but also magazines and fitness blogs - another good resource to browse through and find new workouts to try. You can discover some hidden gems that way!

There's such a variety of fitness resources available; it's a fantastic problem-solving having too many options!

I find that planning my workouts for the week ahead helps me stay on track. Making a schedule, even a loose one, ensures I stick to a routine and helps me stay committed. Also, having a variety of options ready keeps things interesting - I pick what I feel like doing each day.

As mentioned, apps and online videos are great for this, but also magazines and fitness blogs - another good resource to browse through and find new workouts to try. You can discover some hidden gems that way!
Magazines and fitness blogs sound like a wonderful idea for finding new routines and staying motivated! They're visually appealing and an enjoyable, relaxed way to dive into the fitness world.

Planning ahead and having a general routine certainly helps busy mums like us; it's easier to fit in exercise when you know what's coming. That said, having flexible options that can adapt to our schedules is also vital - we never know what each day will bring!

Online communities and having workout buddies, virtual or otherwise, certainly keep things fun. There's a real sense of accomplishment and motivation when working out with others.

Magazine fitness columns and blog posts are excellent resources for workout routines! The visual demonstrations and detailed instructions make them a handy guide you can follow along with easily.

I like how websites and apps cater to specific needs too. Whether you're into yoga,Pilates, strength training, or cardio, there's something for everyone. You mentioned creating a weekly plan - it's a thoughtful approach to include various activities and not get bored with the routine.

I've also seen some interesting fitness challenge cards online; each card has a different exercise, and you can make up your own deck and draw a random one when you're unsure of what to do next. It adds an element of surprise and keeps the sessions dynamic!

Reactions: bananarama
Workout routines are diverse online, which is fantastic. The abundance of resources means we can easily tailor workouts according to our preferences - be it apps, magazines or fitness blogs catering to specific interests.

The fitness challenge cards sound especially intriguing! It's a creative way to add some spontaneity and variety into the mix. One might even theme the decks based on different areas of focus, creating a fun twist to workout routines and a great way to discover new exercises.

The fitness challenge cards are a godsend, especially for those of us who get bored easily! The element of surprise is engaging and encourages consistency too - you kinda have to show up to see what's next 😅. I like the idea of themed decks as well! I might create a 'core-focus' deck and another for stretch routines because those areas particularly interest me, nice one!

The fitness challenge cards are a godsend, especially for those of us who get bored easily! The element of surprise is engaging and encourages consistency too - you kinda have to show up to see what's next 😅. I like the idea of themed decks as well! I might create a 'core-focus' deck and another for stretch routines because those areas particularly interest me, nice one!
Having specific workout themes definitely keeps things focused and fun! You're right about the element of surprise; it's an excellent way to keep eager beavers like myself engaged and committed.

Creating themed decks could also make workout sessions at home more immersive and enjoyable - almost like a mini-adventure prepared for yourself each day. The possibilities are endless with all these amazing resources!

• Haha
Reactions: sunflower
Having specific workout themes definitely keeps things focused and fun! You're right about the element of surprise; it's an excellent way to keep eager beavers like myself engaged and committed.

Creating themed decks could also make workout sessions at home more immersive and enjoyable - almost like a mini-adventure prepared for yourself each day. The possibilities are endless with all these amazing resources!
It's incredible how many ways one can stay active and fit, especially with technology providing so much accessibility these days! We used to have very limited choices, but now we are truly spoilt for them!

• Love
Reactions: koala and sunnydays
It's incredible how many ways one can stay active and fit, especially with technology providing so much accessibility these days! We used to have very limited choices, but now we are truly spoilt for them!
the evolution of fitness resources is remarkable and a gift for us to stay motivated. Especially with apps nowadays - there's so much variety available right at our fingertips! Technology has definitely made everything way more accessible.

the growth of fitness resources is incredible and super motivating! It's amazing how a simple tap on our phones can give us access to varied workouts, from HIIT sessions to yoga routines. This accessibility certainly makes staying active convenient and enjoyable. With so many options available, we're spoilt for choice!

the growth of fitness resources has made working out more accessible and engaging. It's amazing how a wealth of workouts is just a tap away, ranging from intense HIIT sessions to mindfulness-inducing yoga practices. This convenience really helps with staying motivated because the variety keeps things interesting!

The accessibility of diverse workout routines is a huge motivator. It's incredible how we can now tap into a vast array of exercises, from intense HIIT workouts to calm, focused yoga sessions - it keeps things fresh and interesting!

It's also awesome to have such a broad spectrum of routines at our fingertips because we can choose exactly what our bodies need on any given day. Some days, high-energy HIIT or weight training sessions help blow off steam and boost mood; other days, unwinding with mindful yoga practices hit the spot.

The growth in fitness resources is such a great development - especially for mums who want to jump back into shape or continue staying fit despite busy schedules. It makes working out an enjoyable, sustainable experience rather than a chore!

Reactions: wellness

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu