• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

First trimesters, growing bumps!

I'm feeling alright today, no morning sickness but just the general fatigue that comes with chasing a 4-year-old around. My bumps seem to appear overnight, growing noticeably larger by the day - one day I don't look pregnant and the next, I need to size up my jeans!
That's motherhood for you! And it's only going to get more exciting (and exhausting) from here on! haha. Glad to hear you're holding up well, though.

I've been lucky so far to have escaped the dreaded heartburn; I'm keeping a careful watch on my diet, avoiding known triggers like chocolate and spicy food - fingers crossed it stays that way!

I'm feeling alright today, no morning sickness but just the general fatigue that comes with chasing a 4-year-old around. My bumps seem to appear overnight, growing noticeably larger by the day - one day I don't look pregnant and the next, I need to size up my jeans!
Wow, your experience sounds so fun, especially the part about the jeans; that's a real surprise each time! Bumps that appear out of nowhere can really excite and frighten you, especially when you have another kiddo running around. It's great that you're feeling alright, and I hope it stays that way, or better yet, keeps improving!

That's the joy of it all - one day you're living in denial, thinking you're imagining the bump; the next thing you know, you're popping! Sizing up jeans sounds like a good idea; I should really look into those maternity jeans too. I hear they're comfy.

I'm feeling quite nauseous just thinking about my first trimester. The constant exhaustion and morning sickness were not fun at all; it truly is no wonder we're always cranky during that phase! Thankfully, it does get better and that huge sigh of relief once you hit the second trimester makes it all worthwhile.
Yes, I remember those days. You feel like giving up on everything because all you want to do is sleep. The exhaustion and lack of appetite made me moody and cranky too. Glad those days are over!

I'm feeling quite nauseous just thinking about my first trimester. The constant exhaustion and morning sickness were not fun at all; it truly is no wonder we're always cranky during that phase! Thankfully, it does get better and that huge sigh of relief once you hit the second trimester makes it all worthwhile.
The exhaustion and sickness are real! It's encouraging to hear that it'll all be worth it in the end. I'm curious - what did you ladies find helped with the nausea? Ginger candies worked for me most of the time, but I'd love to hear any other remedies!

I remember that constant exhaustion too - pregnancy is really draining, especially in the first few months! The energy boost that comes later on is a godsend; you've made it through the worst, so take it easy and enjoy the ride from here!

I hear ya! It's really draining physically AND mentally. Thank goodness it ends eventually.. But yeah, that first taste of true relief in the second tri is SO satisfying!!

That's what people keep telling me - that it'll get better after the first trimester. But when you're in it, it feels like forever! Haha. glad to hear it'll be worth it. I'm curious; did any of you have weird food cravings? And did they change over time?

It's encouraging to know that the suffering has an end point, especially since I'm still in the thick of it! I've been trying everything to manage the fatigue and queasiness, but some days are just really hard. Knowing that others have gone through the same and emerged on the other side gives me hope!

I'm glad that someone can relate to my experience! While others have it way worse, the exhaustion had me feeling like a zombie most days, along with the persistent nausea that comes and goes. Some days are certainly better than others, but it's encouraging to know that the worst of it is temporary.

Truthfully, I've had enough pregnancy symptoms to last me a few lifetimes. Morning sickness doesn't even begin to describe what I've been going through these past few weeks. It's more like all-day sickness with an upset tummy. And the fatigue! I'm exhausted all the time, but thankfully, I have help at home since I work at it. My 5-year-old has been a real trooper, though she doesn't quite understand why Mommy needs so many naps. On the brighter side, no cravings yet, so that's good for my poor husband who's been doing most of the cooking.
Yes, all day sickness sounds about right! Luckily, it's temporary and you'll eventually get your energy back. Enjoy the downtime and extra attention while it lasts!

Truthfully, I've had enough pregnancy symptoms to last me a few lifetimes. Morning sickness doesn't even begin to describe what I've been going through these past few weeks. It's more like all-day sickness with an upset tummy. And the fatigue! I'm exhausted all the time, but thankfully, I have help at home since I work at it. My 5-year-old has been a real trooper, though she doesn't quite understand why Mommy needs so many naps. On the brighter side, no cravings yet, so that's good for my poor husband who's been doing most of the cooking.
I'm glad you have help and understanding at home, it makes all the difference when you need some extra care! First trimester symptoms can be really taxing; I hope you're feeling better soon.

That's a tough one; all-day sickness sounds dreadful! I've been lucky in that respect - only had mild nausea. But it does sound like you're taking it in your stride and have a good support system in place. Hope you'll feel better soon!

That all-day sickness is certainly no fun! Luckily, there's light at the tunnel's end. First trimesters are notorious for being tough; you're certainly not alone in enduring this tough phase. Most of us here have gone through it and understand the struggle!

That's really rough; all-day sickness is definitely a tough phase to go through, and it sounds like you've got a lot on your plate! It's great that you have some help at home because that exhaust ion seems like a lot with a young child to care for! Do you have any fun pregnancy plans you're looking forward to when you'll have more energy?

That sounds like a tough time! It's great that you have some help and your partner and daughter are being so supportive. It must be hard to balance pregnancy symptoms and looking after a five-year-old! Do you have any go-to activities to keep her entertained while you rest up?

That sounds really challenging. I'm fortunate to have experienced only mild morning sickness. And yes, it's quite something to keep up with the energy needed to care for a young child while pregnant! Naps sound very appealing. Do you have any methods or tips to managing the exhaustion?

All-day sickness is an accurate way to describe it! It sounds like you've got a lot on your plate, especially with a young child to care for. I'm glad you have some help and that your husband is holding down the fort with the cooking. Morning sickness can be relentless; I hope it eases up soon!

Not me, but my wife is currently in her first trimester, which has been a real rollercoaster so far: morning sickness, extreme fatigue, mood swings, and food aversions! We're looking forward to the second trimester and hopefully an easier time for her. No real exciting plans yet, just taking it one day at a time!
It's nice of you to be so supportive of your wife despite her mood swings. I'm sure she appreciates it! First trimesters can really test one's resolve, so here's to hoping the next few weeks go by smoothly for her.

Not me, but my wife is currently in her first trimester, which has been a real rollercoaster so far: morning sickness, extreme fatigue, mood swings, and food aversions! We're looking forward to the second trimester and hopefully an easier time for her. No real exciting plans yet, just taking it one day at a time!
That's quite an adventure! Hopefully, your wife is past the worst of it and starts feeling energetic soon! Many women find the first trimester to be the most challenging - glad your wife has you for support!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu