• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

First trimesters, growing bumps!

happyfeet

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This is the place to come and chat about all things first trimester!

Whether this is your very first pregnancy, or you're a seasoned pro already showing off your bump, share your experiences here - the good, the bad and the ugly! How are you feeling today? Any exciting plans for bump time or are you dealing with some not-so-fun symptoms at the moment?

Whether this is your very first pregnancy, or you're a seasoned pro already showing off your bump, share your experiences here - the good, the bad and the ugly! How are you feeling today? Any exciting plans for bump time or are you dealing with some not-so-fun symptoms at the moment?
Honestly, it's been hit and miss for me these past few weeks. One day I'm excited about my growing bump, baby kicks, and the overall glow; other days, the fatigue and morning sickness get to me. Today's one of those good days where I feel energized despite the slight nausea. I'm taking it easy and enjoying the little things - like finally finding some comfy maternity pants! Not looking forward to the heartburn that seems to come with every dinner these days though. Anyone else experiencing the joy ride that is the first trimester?

• Love
Reactions: queenie

I'm feeling alright today, no morning sickness but just the general fatigue that comes with chasing a 4-year-old around. My bumps seem to appear overnight, growing noticeably larger by the day - one day I don't look pregnant and the next, I need to size up my jeans!

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish

I'm feeling quite nauseous just thinking about my first trimester. The constant exhaustion and morning sickness were not fun at all; it truly is no wonder we're always cranky during that phase! Thankfully, it does get better and that huge sigh of relief once you hit the second trimester makes it all worthwhile.

• Love
Reactions: eternity and joyful

Truthfully, I've had enough pregnancy symptoms to last me a few lifetimes. Morning sickness doesn't even begin to describe what I've been going through these past few weeks. It's more like all-day sickness with an upset tummy. And the fatigue! I'm exhausted all the time, but thankfully, I have help at home since I work at it. My 5-year-old has been a real trooper, though she doesn't quite understand why Mommy needs so many naps. On the brighter side, no cravings yet, so that's good for my poor husband who's been doing most of the cooking.

• Haha
Reactions: cissy

Not me, but my wife is currently in her first trimester, which has been a real rollercoaster so far: morning sickness, extreme fatigue, mood swings, and food aversions! We're looking forward to the second trimester and hopefully an easier time for her. No real exciting plans yet, just taking it one day at a time!

Not me, but my wife sure has a noticeable bump these days. She's in her second trimester now, so the worst of the first trimester morning sickness and fatigue is over, thank goodness! It was tough going for her in those early weeks - lots of tiredness and some nausea too. But she's feeling much better now and enjoying planning for the arrival of our little one. Now that the bump is growing, it's becoming more real and exciting!

I remember my first trimester like it was yesterday. Exhaustion kicked in hard and morning sickness was real. I ate everything in sight and smelled things that didn't exist - fun times!

• Haha
Reactions: sunflower
Honestly, it's been hit and miss for me these past few weeks. One day I'm excited about my growing bump, baby kicks, and the overall glow; other days, the fatigue and morning sickness get to me. Today's one of those good days where I feel energized despite the slight nausea. I'm taking it easy and enjoying the little things - like finally finding some comfy maternity pants! Not looking forward to the heartburn that seems to come with every dinner these days though. Anyone else experiencing the joy ride that is the first trimester?
Yes, the first trimester definitely sounds like a rollercoaster ride with all those symptoms! I remember having to deal with nausea and extreme exhaustion. Some days you just want to sleep all day long, and others you're up and about, nesting and preparing for the arrival of your little one. Enjoy the ride despite the bumps, as they say! Each stage of pregnancy comes with its own set of challenges and delights.

Yeah, the first trimester definitely sounds like a rollercoaster you didn't sign up for, but here we are! I'm 12 weeks in, and the fatigue is real. Some days are better than others. I'm trying to enjoy the excitement of it all - planning, imagining, and nesting - because I know it's all so very worth it. But there's also a toddler running around, which makes me even more tired than usual! So no fancy plans here, just surviving each day and feeling grateful for this little one kicking in my tummy.

What's your go-to strategy for dealing with the fatigue? besides napping, of course!

Yeah, the first trimester can certainly be a rollercoaster of emotions and symptoms! One minute you're on top of the world, excited about the pregnancy, and the next minute you're exhausted and feeling queasy. Glad to hear you're having a good day though and found some comfy pants - those little wins are important!

The heartburn sound awful, hopefully, it's not too bad and goes away soon! Some women have intense symptoms during the first few weeks that disappear as you progress into the second trimester, so here's to hoping for that!

Yeah, the first trimester has been quite a rollercoaster One minute you're up and about feeling great, and the next you're exhausted and nauseous. I'm happy to report that after weeks of exhaustion, I'm having more good days too. The excitement of hearing the heartbeat at each weekly scan keeps me going, even when the fatigue hits. And yes, I've been enjoying the excitement of discovering new pregnancy-friendly comfies too! There's so much to look forward to as the bump grows, but I feel ya on the heartburn--no fun!

That's great to hear! Enjoying the journey definitely makes the experience more pleasant. I can relate to the hit-or-miss feelings; some days are smooth sailing, while others are just plain rough. I'm glad you're having more good days than bad ones!

I'm curious to know what's working for you guys when it comes to coping with the not-so-fun symptoms. For instance, I've been getting headaches almost daily and wondering if anyone has any remedies other than the usual recommendations. It'd be nice to hear some real experiences and solutions!

Yes, the first trimester can definitely be a rollercoaster! One moment you're on top of the world, and the next you're battling exhaustion and queasiness. I'm glad you're having a good day; those little victories like finding comfy maternity pants make all the difference, don't they? And yup, heartburn is a pesky first trimester companion for many of us. I found myself reaching for lots of antacids! Also, I remember being thrilled at the thought of my bump and trying to imagine what it'll look like - it's such a cute yet odd sensation having this little life grow inside you!

That's great you're having a good day! Yeah, I remember those pregnancy days like it was yesterday - one moment bliss and the next, horror! Can't really miss it though; growing another human being is no mean feat! The body aches and pains were real for me in the first trimester, and don't even get me started on the food aversions. But, hey, at least we're not alone, right? All part of the wonderful journey into motherhood.

Oh, and another thing - those comfortable maternity pants you mentioned? Yeah, I had to invest in a few pairs myself; they're lifesavers! It's like having an entire wardrobe makeover, albeit a functional one.

I'm feeling quite nauseous just thinking about my first trimester. The constant exhaustion and morning sickness were not fun at all; it truly is no wonder we're always cranky during that phase! Thankfully, it does get better and that huge sigh of relief once you hit the second trimester makes it all worthwhile.
The first few weeks are the toughest; most days, I just wanted to sleep it off! But I'm glad to have made it through. Doesn't hurt to indulge in some ice cream every now and then too.

I'm feeling alright today, no morning sickness but just the general fatigue that comes with chasing a 4-year-old around. My bumps seem to appear overnight, growing noticeably larger by the day - one day I don't look pregnant and the next, I need to size up my jeans!
Wow! That's a rapid bump growth! It must be a wonderful (and slightly overwhelming) experience. The body's incredible stretching and making space for the little one! Are you discovering any funny quarks or habits that come with this pregnancy, unlike your previous pregnancies?

Yes, the exhaustion and nausea are quite something! Your body is working overtime to create a human being - it's no wonder side effects like fatigue and morning sickness are so prevalent during this phase. It's comforting to hear that the worst is likely behind us and the second trimester brings some relief. Here's to hoping the next few weeks bring us bumped-up energy levels!

That's quite some quick bump growth you've got there! Sizing up jeans every day sounds like a hilarious routine, almost like an extreme pair of expandable pants! It's nice that you're past the morning sickness stage, though. Hopefully, the energy levels stay consistent!

Wow! It's exciting to experience such a prominent bump growth, isn't it? That rapid change can be so fascinating, and at times, a little overwhelming too! I remember feeling a bit confused as to what size clothes to wear during that in-between stage. Maternity pants sound like a lovely investment; their comfort is so welcomed during this tiring time!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu