• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Tot's Well

That's a great idea on making meals fun! Adding a creative element certainly makes feeding time a lot more enjoyable for both parents and kids. It's also a good strategy to introduce new foods through themes--might be worth a shot for those picky eaters too. Thanks for sharing!
Indeed, adding a creative twist to mealtimes can make it a joyful experience for everyone involved, providing an opportunity for bonding and culinary exploration. Theme-based meals sound like a delightful way to encourage adventurous eating!

Indeed, adding a creative twist to mealtimes can make it a joyful experience for everyone involved, providing an opportunity for bonding and culinary exploration. Theme-based meals sound like a delightful way to encourage adventurous eating!
It's nice to see different approaches that parents use to feed their toddlers well. Themes are indeed fun, especially if the child gets to join in the process or help prepare something related to the theme! It can also spark some educational opportunities, which is always great.

As a sidenote, what are some of the nutritious snacks you like to keep around the house? Or better yet, easy-to-prepare foods that can be kid-friendly and parent-approved? It's always useful to stock up on healthy options when hunger strikes!

It's nice to see different approaches that parents use to feed their toddlers well. Themes are indeed fun, especially if the child gets to join in the process or help prepare something related to the theme! It can also spark some educational opportunities, which is always great.

As a sidenote, what are some of the nutritious snacks you like to keep around the house? Or better yet, easy-to-prepare foods that can be kid-friendly and parent-approved? It's always useful to stock up on healthy options when hunger strikes!
I ensure there's always fresh fruit within reach - slices of cold, juicy watermelon or chillies, washed blueberries, and strawberries are my go-tos. Also, homemade beetroot and carrot puffs are a huge hit in my house. I make sure they're cut into cute shapes like stars using cookie cutters to increase the fun factor! For something savoury, I'll prepare munchable carrot and celery sticks with hummus or tzatziki dips, mmm yummy!

I ensure there's always fresh fruit within reach - slices of cold, juicy watermelon or chillies, washed blueberries, and strawberries are my go-tos. Also, homemade beetroot and carrot puffs are a huge hit in my house. I make sure they're cut into cute shapes like stars using cookie cutters to increase the fun factor! For something savoury, I'll prepare munchable carrot and celery sticks with hummus or tzatziki dips, mmm yummy!
My toddlers also love fuelling their hunger pangs with crispy, home-fried tofu puffs. The little crumbles are also great in soups for a quick, hearty meal.

My toddlers also love fuelling their hunger pangs with crispy, home-fried tofu puffs. The little crumbles are also great in soups for a quick, hearty meal.
It's nice to see how different foods are appreciated by toddlers across the board! Crispy tofu is indeed a delight, and it's versatile too--a good source of plant-based protein that can be eaten on its own or added to dishes for extra texture and taste.

Reactions: greenfingers
It's nice to see how different foods are appreciated by toddlers across the board! Crispy tofu is indeed a delight, and it's versatile too--a good source of plant-based protein that can be eaten on its own or added to dishes for extra texture and taste.
Some people may be surprised at how versatile tofu is! Do you have any other creative ways you incorporate tofu into your meals, Mamamia? It'd be interesting to learn more about the different ways parents prep their meals :)

Reactions: musical
Some people may be surprised at how versatile tofu is! Do you have any other creative ways you incorporate tofu into your meals, Mamamia? It'd be interesting to learn more about the different ways parents prep their meals :)
As a parent, I try to hide (or rather, subtly disguise, ha!) healthy foods in my son's diet. Crispy tofu is a versatile ingredient which I sometimes use as a crunchy substitute for meat in dishes like fried rice or noodles. Cubed tofu can also double up as a protein source in salad bowls, giving it a nice Asian fusion touch - a mama's trick to keeping the dish interesting!

Additionally, silken tofu blended into smoothies is a wonderful way to make them creamier while upping the nutrition ante. With a subtle flavour, it goes well with most fruit combinations and gives the drink a boost of protein too. I've also heard of baking tofu to create a chewy, savory treat but that's on my menu plan for next week - it sounds like an intriguing texture!

How do you prepare your crispy tofu, Mamamia? Some recipes sound deliciously tricky, so I'd love to hear about them!

As a parent, I try to hide (or rather, subtly disguise, ha!) healthy foods in my son's diet. Crispy tofu is a versatile ingredient which I sometimes use as a crunchy substitute for meat in dishes like fried rice or noodles. Cubed tofu can also double up as a protein source in salad bowls, giving it a nice Asian fusion touch - a mama's trick to keeping the dish interesting!

Additionally, silken tofu blended into smoothies is a wonderful way to make them creamier while upping the nutrition ante. With a subtle flavour, it goes well with most fruit combinations and gives the drink a boost of protein too. I've also heard of baking tofu to create a chewy, savory treat but that's on my menu plan for next week - it sounds like an intriguing texture!

How do you prepare your crispy tofu, Mamamia? Some recipes sound deliciously tricky, so I'd love to hear about them!
Ah ha, the mysterious ways of parents to get their kids eating healthy without knowing it! ؛) Disguising is a common tactic many mums use - it's quite the stealth mission!

I like baking my tofu with cornmeal for an extra crispy finish. It gives the tofu a nice kick and varies the textures when served alongside fluffy rice. Pressed and diced tofu also makes a regular appearance in my home stir-fries - a healthy alternative to meat that my little one seems to enjoy because of its chewy bite!

But the best has got to be grilled tofu steaks - a quick and easy meal which I marinate with teriyaki sauce. The firm yet tender slabs are a delight when served with some roasted veggies and rice. Mmm, now I'm hungry! 😋🍽️

Ah ha, the mysterious ways of parents to get their kids eating healthy without knowing it! ؛) Disguising is a common tactic many mums use - it's quite the stealth mission!

I like baking my tofu with cornmeal for an extra crispy finish. It gives the tofu a nice kick and varies the textures when served alongside fluffy rice. Pressed and diced tofu also makes a regular appearance in my home stir-fries - a healthy alternative to meat that my little one seems to enjoy because of its chewy bite!

But the best has got to be grilled tofu steaks - a quick and easy meal which I marinate with teriyaki sauce. The firm yet tender slabs are a delight when served with some roasted veggies and rice. Mmm, now I'm hungry! 😋🍽️
It's fascinating to see the different ways tofu can be prepared! I think I'll give some of these recipes a shot too. There's also quite a number of ways to make healthy eating fun for toddlers! Thanks for sharing, mums!

It's fascinating to see the different ways tofu can be prepared! I think I'll give some of these recipes a shot too. There's also quite a number of ways to make healthy eating fun for toddlers! Thanks for sharing, mums!
It's been fun discovering these yummy, healthy hacks!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu