• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Tot's Well

As a yoga instructor passionate about holistic health, I'm glad to see the focus on healthy eating habits being instilled in our young ones! In addition to nutritional value, introducing and exposing children to a variety of tastes and textures is beneficial to their palette development. Seasoning our food with herbs and spices instead of salt and sugar can also train their young taste buds well. We can slowly ease them away from processed foods this way, and it also makes meal prep more fun for mum!

For a delicious and healthy treat, fruit popsicles made with fresh fruits are a win in my home! My girls love them, especially on hot sunny days. Cut up some mangoes, bananas, or use up the overripe ones, blend and freeze voila!instant dessert or snack, and momma knows exactly what went into making them.
Fresh fruits as a healthy treat is a wonderful idea, especially for getting the kids to develop a taste for different flavors! Blending them into a smoothie or freezing them as popsicles is a fun way to enjoy them. Using fresh produce also ensures that we're giving our little ones something nutritious and tasty :)

Fresh fruits as a healthy treat is a wonderful idea, especially for getting the kids to develop a taste for different flavors! Blending them into a smoothie or freezing them as popsicles is a fun way to enjoy them. Using fresh produce also ensures that we're giving our little ones something nutritious and tasty :)
I agree that exposing our children to a variety of tastes and textures is so important. My little one tends to get bored easily, so I try to switch up flavors and cooking methods often. Do you guys have any suggestions for savoury, healthy snacks that aren't sweet for a change?

I agree that exposing our children to a variety of tastes and textures is so important. My little one tends to get bored easily, so I try to switch up flavors and cooking methods often. Do you guys have any suggestions for savoury, healthy snacks that aren't sweet for a change?
Some savoury alternatives could be homemade vegetable or fish crackers! They're a great way to sneak in some veggies and are a fun crunchy snack. Baked carrots or beetroot chips also make a delicious and nutritious substitute for regular potato chips, which has lesser nutritional value!

Some savoury alternatives could be homemade vegetable or fish crackers! They're a great way to sneak in some veggies and are a fun crunchy snack. Baked carrots or beetroot chips also make a delicious and nutritious substitute for regular potato chips, which has lesser nutritional value!
It's enjoyable to prepare healthy food and see our little ones enjoy them too. Hope these suggestions help with your snack-prepping journey! 😊

It's enjoyable to prepare healthy food and see our little ones enjoy them too. Hope these suggestions help with your snack-prepping journey! 😊
Indeed, seeing my kid appreciate the effort I put into preparing healthy foods is a great feeling! Not to mention, it makes me even more motivated to explore different recipes and cuisines!

Does anyone have some recommended healthier dishes that are easy on the eyes too? You know, colorful and pleasing to the little ones?

Indeed, seeing my kid appreciate the effort I put into preparing healthy foods is a great feeling! Not to mention, it makes me even more motivated to explore different recipes and cuisines!

Does anyone have some recommended healthier dishes that are easy on the eyes too? You know, colorful and pleasing to the little ones?
It's wonderful to hear that your little one appreciates the healthy foods you prepare! It's indeed motivating 😊. Some colorful and pleasing dishes I'd recommend are fruit skewers - a rainbow of fruits threaded onto wooden sticks, or perhaps a salad with roasted vegetables. The visual appeal of those vibrant colors makes them enticing for little eyes, and they're nutritious too!

It's wonderful to hear that your little one appreciates the healthy foods you prepare! It's indeed motivating 😊. Some colorful and pleasing dishes I'd recommend are fruit skewers - a rainbow of fruits threaded onto wooden sticks, or perhaps a salad with roasted vegetables. The visual appeal of those vibrant colors makes them enticing for little eyes, and they're nutritious too!
I'm thinking of making some rainbow food this weekend then! Seems like a fun way to make meal times exciting. Do you think some hidden vegetables would go well in a fruit salad? I want to sneak in some nutrients without him knowing! 😁

I'm thinking of making some rainbow food this weekend then! Seems like a fun way to make meal times exciting. Do you think some hidden vegetables would go well in a fruit salad? I want to sneak in some nutrients without him knowing! 😁
Hidden vegetables in a fruit salad sounds like a clever way to add some nutrients! Mashed pumpkins or pureed carrots could be a sneaky addition to the mix, adding a boost of vitamins without altering the flavor too much. Perhaps some grated beets or zucchini too? """

Hidden vegetables in a fruit salad sounds like a clever way to add some nutrients! Mashed pumpkins or pureed carrots could be a sneaky addition to the mix, adding a boost of vitamins without altering the flavor too much. Perhaps some grated beets or zucchini too? """
Hmm, I'm not so sure about the mashed pumpkin idea, but I think grated beetroot and zucchini hidden in a fruity rainbow salad would definitely be a fun and colorful surprise! The sweetness of the fruits could mask the vegetable taste well.

Some other sneakily healthy options which could add some crunch and color include chopping up some capsicum/bell peppers or even some chopped spinach leaves, mixed in with all the fruity goodness.

If you're worried about the veggies overpowersing the fruits' flavors, I suggest going light-handed with the additions and balancing it out by adding a dash of lemon juice and a teaspoon of honey to the salad. It should be a great way to get your little one enjoying some hidden health benefits! :)

Hmm, I'm not so sure about the mashed pumpkin idea, but I think grated beetroot and zucchini hidden in a fruity rainbow salad would definitely be a fun and colorful surprise! The sweetness of the fruits could mask the vegetable taste well.

Some other sneakily healthy options which could add some crunch and color include chopping up some capsicum/bell peppers or even some chopped spinach leaves, mixed in with all the fruity goodness.

If you're worried about the veggies overpowersing the fruits' flavors, I suggest going light-handed with the additions and balancing it out by adding a dash of lemon juice and a teaspoon of honey to the salad. It should be a great way to get your little one enjoying some hidden health benefits! :)
You can certainly benefit from hiding a number of ingredients in a fruity rainbow salad. It's quite amusing how we go the extra mile to please our little ones' palettes. I'm glad you found the suggestions helpful!

Perhaps we can also incorporate some colorful, cute animal-shaped rice balls using seasonal vegetables and fruits as a side dish - an extra incentive for our picky young eaters! :lol:

You can certainly benefit from hiding a number of ingredients in a fruity rainbow salad. It's quite amusing how we go the extra mile to please our little ones' palettes. I'm glad you found the suggestions helpful!

Perhaps we can also incorporate some colorful, cute animal-shaped rice balls using seasonal vegetables and fruits as a side dish - an extra incentive for our picky young eaters! :lol:
That sounds adorable, rice balls shaped like animals will definitely catch the attention of a curious tot. It's delightful to see mothers going above and beyond to create fun and nutritious meals for their little ones 😊.

That sounds adorable, rice balls shaped like animals will definitely catch the attention of a curious tot. It's delightful to see mothers going above and beyond to create fun and nutritious meals for their little ones 😊.
Yeah, I can't wait to get some cute animal cookie cutters to create fun-shaped rice snacks! Anything to get our littles ones excited for healthy eats is a win in my books. Hope you'll have fun creating those colorful meals, sunnybunny! Have a great weekend ahead!

Yeah, I can't wait to get some cute animal cookie cutters to create fun-shaped rice snacks! Anything to get our littles ones excited for healthy eats is a win in my books. Hope you'll have fun creating those colorful meals, sunnybunny! Have a great weekend ahead!
You too! Enjoy preparing the special treats! Have a fantastic week ahead as well! 😊🌻

You too! Enjoy preparing the special treats! Have a fantastic week ahead as well! 😊🌻
You're welcome! I hope you enjoy making the healthy rainbow treats. Have a fabulous week!

Looks like we've come up with quite a number of fun and healthy food ideas to excite the little ones' taste buds. Have a great day everyone!
Indeed, it's been quite the enjoyable and delicious discussion. Enjoy implementing all these wonderful ideas, mummies!

Indeed, it's been quite the enjoyable and delicious discussion. Enjoy implementing all these wonderful ideas, mummies!
It has indeed been quite an enlightening discussion, picking up all these great tips to feed our tots well. Have a fantastic afternoon!

It has indeed been quite an enlightening discussion, picking up all these great tips to feed our tots well. Have a fantastic afternoon!
All this conversation about healthy eating has been making me hungry! Time to prep some yummy treats for my little one and myself 😉. Have a lovely day, mummies!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu