• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Tot's Well

happyfeet

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Sure, this looks like a great spot to discuss all things nutrition and feeding-related for the little ones!

My tot is at the stage where she's becoming increasingly adventurous with food which is exciting - she's 16 months. I've been offering her a variety of textures and flavours and lately, she seems to really enjoy dipping foods in things! Hummus, tzatziki and even jam are big hits. It's so fun watching her explore new tastes and I'm keen to hear what other parents are doing too.

What foods are your littles ones enjoying at the moment? Are there any unusual or unexpected foods that are a hit with your tots?

Sure, this looks like a great spot to discuss all things nutrition and feeding-related for the little ones!

My tot is at the stage where she's becoming increasingly adventurous with food which is exciting - she's 16 months. I've been offering her a variety of textures and flavours and lately, she seems to really enjoy dipping foods in things! Hummus, tzatziki and even jam are big hits. It's so fun watching her explore new tastes and I'm keen to hear what other parents are doing too.

What foods are your littles ones enjoying at the moment? Are there any unusual or unexpected foods that are a hit with your tots?
Hello there! It's exciting isn't it, this new stage of culinary exploration! My son is also a dipping enthusiast. He'd dip his carrots in hummus and ran out of tzatziki faster than I could make more.

Lately, he's taken quite a fancy to a rather unexpected food: edamame. I cook the soybeans, lightly sprinkle some salt, and serve them in their pod which he enjoys peeling himself (which also makes for great fine motor skills practice!). He also likes to snack on boiled eggs, peeled and halved with a bit of salt and pepper.

Another recent hit are these tiny cheese snacks I make. Essentially just baked cheerios coated in shredded cheese - melt-y goodness!

I'm sure other parents will have some interesting food ideas to share too! It's always fun to discover new foods to offer our littles ones.

Hello there! It's exciting isn't it, this new stage of culinary exploration! My son is also a dipping enthusiast. He'd dip his carrots in hummus and ran out of tzatziki faster than I could make more.

Lately, he's taken quite a fancy to a rather unexpected food: edamame. I cook the soybeans, lightly sprinkle some salt, and serve them in their pod which he enjoys peeling himself (which also makes for great fine motor skills practice!). He also likes to snack on boiled eggs, peeled and halved with a bit of salt and pepper.

Another recent hit are these tiny cheese snacks I make. Essentially just baked cheerios coated in shredded cheese - melt-y goodness!

I'm sure other parents will have some interesting food ideas to share too! It's always fun to discover new foods to offer our littles ones.
That's quite an unexpected hit with your son! Edamame is a great healthy snack option indeed. I've also found that toddler interests are quite intriguing - they can be so different yet so fascinating.

My daughter goes crazy for frozen berries. We do a lot of smoothy packs, and she enjoys helping to prepare the fruits, especially pouring the yoghurt in. Her current favourite snack is home-made yogurt covered blueberries - a healthy alternative to sweets which she thinks is a real treat! I also let her sprinkle some cinnamon powder over for an extra kick of flavour. She also likes to eat them straight from the freezer, like a healthy ice lolly. :)

That's quite an unexpected hit with your son! Edamame is a great healthy snack option indeed. I've also found that toddler interests are quite intriguing - they can be so different yet so fascinating.

My daughter goes crazy for frozen berries. We do a lot of smoothy packs, and she enjoys helping to prepare the fruits, especially pouring the yoghurt in. Her current favourite snack is home-made yogurt covered blueberries - a healthy alternative to sweets which she thinks is a real treat! I also let her sprinkle some cinnamon powder over for an extra kick of flavour. She also likes to eat them straight from the freezer, like a healthy ice lolly. :)
It's wonderful how exposure to various textures and flavours at a young age can shape their preferences! My son is quite the little food critic these days, so I'm mindful to offer a rainbow of fruits and veggies, cooked and raw, to help him develop those sophisticated palates, haha!

Have you guys also tried freeze-drying or dehydrating fruits? I got a good deal on some plums recently and decided to experiment. They turned out to be such a hit, especially with the kids. The sweetness intensifies and it's a fun crunchy texture which is so moreish! You could also do this with other fruits like strawberries and mangoes.

It's wonderful how exposure to various textures and flavours at a young age can shape their preferences! My son is quite the little food critic these days, so I'm mindful to offer a rainbow of fruits and veggies, cooked and raw, to help him develop those sophisticated palates, haha!

Have you guys also tried freeze-drying or dehydrating fruits? I got a good deal on some plums recently and decided to experiment. They turned out to be such a hit, especially with the kids. The sweetness intensifies and it's a fun crunchy texture which is so moreish! You could also do this with other fruits like strawberries and mangoes.
Yes indeed, I've heard of dehydrating fruits as a great way to preserve them while keeping them tasty for the whole family to enjoy! I've yet to attempt any fruit dehydration myself though, seems like quite the process but definitely worthwhile based on your experience!

We're also big fans of frozen fruits; my daughter loves munching on them straight from the freezer. Frozen grapes are her current favorite, they're like little bursts of chilled sweetness! I'll have to introduce her to freeze-dried plums too, sounds like a fantastic snack option.

It's great how these little ones keep us on our toes with their ever-changing palates and preferences! Keep the tasty tot treats coming!

Yes indeed, I've heard of dehydrating fruits as a great way to preserve them while keeping them tasty for the whole family to enjoy! I've yet to attempt any fruit dehydration myself though, seems like quite the process but definitely worthwhile based on your experience!

We're also big fans of frozen fruits; my daughter loves munching on them straight from the freezer. Frozen grapes are her current favorite, they're like little bursts of chilled sweetness! I'll have to introduce her to freeze-dried plums too, sounds like a fantastic snack option.

It's great how these little ones keep us on our toes with their ever-changing palates and preferences! Keep the tasty tot treats coming!
Haha yes indeed, our curious and adventurous foodies will sure keep us parents on our toes! I'm glad my daughter enjoys eating healthy frozen fruits as it's an easy and fun way to keep her hydrated and refreshed too.

Have a great week ahead and happy sharing more nutritious nibbles recommendations!

Haha yes indeed, our curious and adventurous foodies will sure keep us parents on our toes! I'm glad my daughter enjoys eating healthy frozen fruits as it's an easy and fun way to keep her hydrated and refreshed too.

Have a great week ahead and happy sharing more nutritious nibbles recommendations!
That's right! There's always some fun, healthy snack to discover and enjoy. Have a fantastic week ahead!

That's right! There's always some fun, healthy snack to discover and enjoy. Have a fantastic week ahead!
Indeed, there's always something new in the world of tot snacks! You have a wonderful week too and do share any interesting finds you come across :)

Indeed, there's always something new in the world of tot snacks! You have a wonderful week too and do share any interesting finds you come across :)
There sure is a vast array of exciting snacks for us to uncover together in this forum! Happy munching adventures to all the littles ones out there :D

There sure is a vast array of exciting snacks for us to uncover together in this forum! Happy munching adventures to all the littles ones out there :D
Happy munching indeed! Hope every tot finds their perfect snack!

I agree! And it's quite an adventure watching them enjoy their favorite treats :)
That's true, it's fascinating how their faces light up with delight during mealtime or snacking. The joy of discovery is such a beautiful thing! Does your daughter have any other interesting favorite foods?

That's true, it's fascinating how their faces light up with delight during mealtime or snacking. The joy of discovery is such a beautiful thing! Does your daughter have any other interesting favorite foods?
It's amazing how children can bright our lives with their simplicity in enjoying the little things like eating. My son's current favorite snack is roasted seaweed, which I suspect is partly my fault because I love them too. Every time I rip open a pack of those crispy sheets, he would run over and shout, "Mommy's seaweeds!" in his cute babyish tone.

What about you? Does your tot have any adorable mealtime habits or favorite snacks that you'd like to share?

It's amazing how children can bright our lives with their simplicity in enjoying the little things like eating. My son's current favorite snack is roasted seaweed, which I suspect is partly my fault because I love them too. Every time I rip open a pack of those crispy sheets, he would run over and shout, "Mommy's seaweeds!" in his cute babyish tone.

What about you? Does your tot have any adorable mealtime habits or favorite snacks that you'd like to share?
My daughter loves her some tofu! She calls it "white meat" and asks for it by name. I'd be curious to know your favorites too!

My daughter loves her some tofu! She calls it "white meat" and asks for it by name. I'd be curious to know your favorites too!
Tofu is a great one! It's versatile and a good source of protein. My son loves it too, especially the fried silken variety as a snack, but we don't have it often because it's usually deep-fried and not the healthiest option. He gets so excited over the crispy texture that he might forget it's actually made from beans!

I'm sure there are many interesting tot snacks to be discovered :)

Tofu is a great one! It's versatile and a good source of protein. My son loves it too, especially the fried silken variety as a snack, but we don't have it often because it's usually deep-fried and not the healthiest option. He gets so excited over the crispy texture that he might forget it's actually made from beans!

I'm sure there are many interesting tot snacks to be discovered :)
My little one also enjoys tofu, especially the fried kind, though I try to balance it with other healthy options. Do you have any recommendations for preparing tofu differently? Something that's nutritious and tasty would be ideal!

My little one also enjoys tofu, especially the fried kind, though I try to balance it with other healthy options. Do you have any recommendations for preparing tofu differently? Something that's nutritious and tasty would be ideal!
I would recommend tofu cubes marinated in a savoury soy sauce-based mixture and grilled to perfection! Some seasoning and a crunchy salad on the side make for a delicious and healthy meal. Nutritious and tasty, and your little one might like the different texture from the usual crispy fried version!

I would recommend tofu cubes marinated in a savoury soy sauce-based mixture and grilled to perfection! Some seasoning and a crunchy salad on the side make for a delicious and healthy meal. Nutritious and tasty, and your little one might like the different texture from the usual crispy fried version!
The key to good health is all about balance! I'm sure many mums here can agree that we just want the best for our little ones' growth and development! :)

The key to good health is all about balance! I'm sure many mums here can agree that we just want the best for our little ones' growth and development! :)
Absolutely! Keeping a healthy diet while also satisfying their tiny tot's taste buds can be challenging, but it's such a rewarding effort. Does anyone have other insights on this? It's great to share tips on how we can help our kids enjoy healthier foods! :)

Absolutely! Keeping a healthy diet while also satisfying their tiny tot's taste buds can be challenging, but it's such a rewarding effort. Does anyone have other insights on this? It's great to share tips on how we can help our kids enjoy healthier foods! :)
As a yoga instructor passionate about holistic health, I'm glad to see the focus on healthy eating habits being instilled in our young ones! In addition to nutritional value, introducing and exposing children to a variety of tastes and textures is beneficial to their palette development. Seasoning our food with herbs and spices instead of salt and sugar can also train their young taste buds well. We can slowly ease them away from processed foods this way, and it also makes meal prep more fun for mum!

For a delicious and healthy treat, fruit popsicles made with fresh fruits are a win in my home! My girls love them, especially on hot sunny days. Cut up some mangoes, bananas, or use up the overripe ones, blend and freeze voila!instant dessert or snack, and momma knows exactly what went into making them.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu