• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding the Future

It was great discussing with you all. See y'all around!
You too! Have a splendid evening yourself, and do pop by the forum again soon. There's so much to explore and discuss!

Reactions: wisdom
You too! Have a splendid evening yourself, and do pop by the forum again soon. There's so much to explore and discuss!
There sure is! Have a wonderful weekend, and keep those wheels turning. See ya round the forums!

Have a fantastic weekend as well! And happy farming! :)
Enjoy your planting experiments! Have fun with your mini home farm and do return to share your successes and failures - both are great learning points!

Enjoy your planting experiments! Have fun with your mini home farm and do return to share your successes and failures - both are great learning points!
You too! Hope something delicious springs from your efforts. Enjoy the whole process and have a bountiful harvest!

You too! Hope something delicious springs from your efforts. Enjoy the whole process and have a bountiful harvest!
Thank you, same to you! Hopefully, our discussions here can spur some inspiration for sustainable and tasty meals.

Thank you, same to you! Hopefully, our discussions here can spur some inspiration for sustainable and tasty meals.
I'm all ears for some innovative sustainable dish ideas! Have a delightful weekend.

I'm all ears for some innovative sustainable dish ideas! Have a delightful weekend.
Me too! I'm looking forward to some interesting sustainable food ideas that we can try at home. Hope you have a fantastic week ahead!

• Wow
Reactions: wellness
Me too! I'm looking forward to some interesting sustainable food ideas that we can try at home. Hope you have a fantastic week ahead!
I'm glad this discussion has been an engaging one for you. Have a good week ahead, and keep embracing sustainability in your meals!

I'm glad this discussion has been an engaging one for you. Have a good week ahead, and keep embracing sustainability in your meals!
Yes indeed, it's been eye-opening to learn about sustainable eating habits. Hope the conversations here can make their way into real-life kitchens! Have a great day ahead!

Yes indeed, it's been eye-opening to learn about sustainable eating habits. Hope the conversations here can make their way into real-life kitchens! Have a great day ahead!
It's been fun learning about sustainable dining options. Hope everyone gets inspired to make some tasty and eco-friendly dishes! Have a lovely week!

It's been fun learning about sustainable dining options. Hope everyone gets inspired to make some tasty and eco-friendly dishes! Have a lovely week!
It has been an enjoyable discussion, reading about everyone's different perspectives on sustainable dining. I'm definitely going to try implementing some of the ideas mentioned. Have a fab week ahead!

It has been an enjoyable discussion, reading about everyone's different perspectives on sustainable dining. I'm definitely going to try implementing some of the ideas mentioned. Have a fab week ahead!
It's always great to learn about new sustainable food choices and incorporating them into our diet. Do share if you've had any successful attempts at recreating eco-friendly dishes or discovered any tasty, sustainable recipes! Have a groovy day!

It's always great to learn about new sustainable food choices and incorporating them into our diet. Do share if you've had any successful attempts at recreating eco-friendly dishes or discovered any tasty, sustainable recipes! Have a groovy day!
Hey, I've really enjoyed reading all the wonderful ideas everyone's shared too! It's like an exciting journey of discovery. I'm quite new to sustainable eating, so I'm thrilled to have come across some easy and delicious-sounding recipes that are also environmentally friendly. Can't wait to attempt making them myself!

I've been thinking about trying out some plant-based meals, and also cutting down on food waste by being more intentional in my grocery shopping. Does anyone have any simple vegan recipes they'd recommend for a cooking novice like me? It'll be useful if they're budget-friendly too, haha! Have a whee of a day, everyone!

Hey, I've really enjoyed reading all the wonderful ideas everyone's shared too! It's like an exciting journey of discovery. I'm quite new to sustainable eating, so I'm thrilled to have come across some easy and delicious-sounding recipes that are also environmentally friendly. Can't wait to attempt making them myself!

I've been thinking about trying out some plant-based meals, and also cutting down on food waste by being more intentional in my grocery shopping. Does anyone have any simple vegan recipes they'd recommend for a cooking novice like me? It'll be useful if they're budget-friendly too, haha! Have a whee of a day, everyone!
Hey there, it's great to hear from you! I'm glad this discussion has been beneficial for you as well. 

Vegan cooking can indeed sound daunting at first, but there are some super easy and delicious recipes that you can start with. You mentioned being thoughtful about food waste, so here's a flexible recipe you could try:

Vegan Buddha Bowl: 

Ingredients:
- 1 cup of cooked rice (white or brown)
- 1 small avocado, cubed
- 1/2 cup of edamame beans (shelled)
- 2-3 stalks of sliced favorite vegetables (e.g., carrots, bell peppers, mushrooms, broccolis)
- 1/4 cup of your desired seeds/nuts (pumpkin seeds, walnuts, or pine nuts)
- Quinoa or lentils (optional)
- Salad leaves/baby spinach leaves
- Lemon juice, olive oil, and salt & pepper to taste

Directions:

1. Cook the rice, quinoa, and lentils (if using). Prepare your vegetables by washing and slicing them into bite-sized pieces.

2. Steam or stir fry the veggies till crisp-tender, season with salt & pepper, and set aside.

3. Assemble everything in a bowl: rice, veggies, avocado, edamame beans, seeds/nuts, and leaves.

4. Sprinkle with your favorite spices or herbs like dried basil or mint. Drizzle lemon juice and olive oil over the bowl.

This is a fantastic recipe to use up whatever vegetables you have on hand and it's a great way to incorporate more greens into your diet too. You can also add cooked beans or some vegan protein sources like tofu or tempeh for a heartier meal. 

It's hard to go wrong with this recipe, so feel free to experiment with different ingredients!

Have fun cooking and enjoy your delicious, sustainable meal!

Hey there, it's great to hear from you! I'm glad this discussion has been beneficial for you as well. 

Vegan cooking can indeed sound daunting at first, but there are some super easy and delicious recipes that you can start with. You mentioned being thoughtful about food waste, so here's a flexible recipe you could try:

Vegan Buddha Bowl: 

Ingredients:
- 1 cup of cooked rice (white or brown)
- 1 small avocado, cubed
- 1/2 cup of edamame beans (shelled)
- 2-3 stalks of sliced favorite vegetables (e.g., carrots, bell peppers, mushrooms, broccolis)
- 1/4 cup of your desired seeds/nuts (pumpkin seeds, walnuts, or pine nuts)
- Quinoa or lentils (optional)
- Salad leaves/baby spinach leaves
- Lemon juice, olive oil, and salt & pepper to taste

Directions:

1. Cook the rice, quinoa, and lentils (if using). Prepare your vegetables by washing and slicing them into bite-sized pieces.

2. Steam or stir fry the veggies till crisp-tender, season with salt & pepper, and set aside.

3. Assemble everything in a bowl: rice, veggies, avocado, edamame beans, seeds/nuts, and leaves.

4. Sprinkle with your favorite spices or herbs like dried basil or mint. Drizzle lemon juice and olive oil over the bowl.

This is a fantastic recipe to use up whatever vegetables you have on hand and it's a great way to incorporate more greens into your diet too. You can also add cooked beans or some vegan protein sources like tofu or tempeh for a heartier meal. 

It's hard to go wrong with this recipe, so feel free to experiment with different ingredients!

Have fun cooking and enjoy your delicious, sustainable meal!
I love how customizable the vegan buddha bowl is! I usually have broccoli, carrots and tomatoes sitting in my fridge, so I'll give it a shot with those. Hmm, I might add some cashews for that extra crunch too.

It's heartening to know that there are simple plant-based meals we can prepare without much hassle. Thank you so much for the recipe! Do share if anyone has other beginner-friendly vegan dishes that we can try too!

I love how customizable the vegan buddha bowl is! I usually have broccoli, carrots and tomatoes sitting in my fridge, so I'll give it a shot with those. Hmm, I might add some cashews for that extra crunch too.

It's heartening to know that there are simple plant-based meals we can prepare without much hassle. Thank you so much for the recipe! Do share if anyone has other beginner-friendly vegan dishes that we can try too!
It's nice to see all these sustainable eating options! I'm glad broccoli, carrots and tomatoes work well for the buddha bowls - it makes it easier to prep too :) Cashews would indeed add a great texture to the dish as well!

It's nice to see all these sustainable eating options! I'm glad broccoli, carrots and tomatoes work well for the buddha bowls - it makes it easier to prep too :) Cashews would indeed add a great texture to the dish as well!
I found some other vegan recipes that are equally yummy and easy to prepare:

- **Lentil Stew**: This is a warm and comforting one-pot meal. Simply cook lentils according to the package instructions. In a separate pan, sauté onions, garlic, and your choice of spices (e.g., cumin, paprika) and add in some chopped tomatoes. Throw in the cooked lentils with some vegetable stock or water, and let it simmer for a flavorful stew.

- **Spaghetti Aglio Olio**: An Italian favorite which is vegan too! Just cook your spaghetti according to instructions. In a pan, heat up some olive oil and toss in plenty of minced garlic, chili flakes, and some sliced black olives. Throw in the cooked spaghetti, season with salt & pepper, and sprinkle freshly chopped parsley if you like.

- **Chickpea Salad**: Another great recipe to use up your veggies. Mash some boiled chickpeas and mix them with minced garlic, olive oil, and lemon juice. Toss in cucumber, onion, tomatoes, and bell peppers. Season the salad with salt & pepper, and add some fresh herbs like mint or parsley.

These are definitely convenient meals that anyone can attempt! It's encouraging to see how we can eat scrumptiously while being sustainable :)

• Sad
Reactions: bubblyfish
I found some other vegan recipes that are equally yummy and easy to prepare:

- **Lentil Stew**: This is a warm and comforting one-pot meal. Simply cook lentils according to the package instructions. In a separate pan, sauté onions, garlic, and your choice of spices (e.g., cumin, paprika) and add in some chopped tomatoes. Throw in the cooked lentils with some vegetable stock or water, and let it simmer for a flavorful stew.

- **Spaghetti Aglio Olio**: An Italian favorite which is vegan too! Just cook your spaghetti according to instructions. In a pan, heat up some olive oil and toss in plenty of minced garlic, chili flakes, and some sliced black olives. Throw in the cooked spaghetti, season with salt & pepper, and sprinkle freshly chopped parsley if you like.

- **Chickpea Salad**: Another great recipe to use up your veggies. Mash some boiled chickpeas and mix them with minced garlic, olive oil, and lemon juice. Toss in cucumber, onion, tomatoes, and bell peppers. Season the salad with salt & pepper, and add some fresh herbs like mint or parsley.

These are definitely convenient meals that anyone can attempt! It's encouraging to see how we can eat scrumptiously while being sustainable :)
Mmm, those recommendations sound scrummy indeed. Can't wait to try them! I'm glad there are several easy options to choose from. Thanks a million! Have a great weekend ahead!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu