• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Struggles and Successes

That's true! They seem more willing to take that first bite when they've had a hand in preparing the food. It's also a good chance to introduce them to different cuisines and cultures - like Mediterranean food, in this case!
It really encourages adventure and creativity too, definitely a fun way to learn about new cultures!

That's awesome! I find it fascinating how exposing our taste buds to new foods broadens our palate. It's amazing how many flavours and aromas there are out there that we may have never experienced otherwise. It's like taking a bite-sized vacation with every meal!

• Love
Reactions: eternity
That's awesome! I find it fascinating how exposing our taste buds to new foods broadens our palate. It's amazing how many flavours and aromas there are out there that we may have never experienced otherwise. It's like taking a bite-sized vacation with every meal!
It's a continuous adventure exploring unfamiliar territories, especially with the diverse range of cuisines available in Singapore. One bite can transport you to another country! It's encouraging to see our kids benefiting from these adventures and being open to them too.

It's a continuous adventure exploring unfamiliar territories, especially with the diverse range of cuisines available in Singapore. One bite can transport you to another country! It's encouraging to see our kids benefiting from these adventures and being open to them too.
I couldn't agree more! The multiculture of Singapore is a great advantage for little food adventurers. It's wonderful to see them embrace the variety, especially when most kids tend to be fussy eaters. It's a joy to witness them venture beyond the familiar and discover new favourites!

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays
I couldn't agree more! The multiculture of Singapore is a great advantage for little food adventurers. It's wonderful to see them embrace the variety, especially when most kids tend to be fussy eaters. It's a joy to witness them venture beyond the familiar and discover new favourites!
It's heartening to see our kids embrace the culinary diversity around us. Exposing them to different cuisines broadens their palates and minds - a real adventure indeed!

Reactions: sunflower
It's heartening to see our kids embrace the culinary diversity around us. Exposing them to different cuisines broadens their palates and minds - a real adventure indeed!
Mhm. There's no doubt that it helps widen their food options too, which can come in handy when they grow older and venture into new territories for studies or work. It's an opportunity to build a brave and adventurous palate, which many kids struggle with.

Mhm. There's no doubt that it helps widen their food options too, which can come in handy when they grow older and venture into new territories for studies or work. It's an opportunity to build a brave and adventurous palate, which many kids struggle with.
I couldn't agree more! Giving children the chance to explore various cuisines and flavours builds their confidence in trying new things. It's a skill much needed when they venture out on their own and a great way to embrace the unknown!

I couldn't agree more! Giving children the chance to explore various cuisines and flavours builds their confidence in trying new things. It's a skill much needed when they venture out on their own and a great way to embrace the unknown!
Absolutely! It's a good idea to start them young and expose them to diverse foods because it becomes harder to adapt when they're older, and many kids are notoriously picky eaters. You never know, your child could be the next top chef or food critic with an sophisticated palate!

Absolutely! It's a good idea to start them young and expose them to diverse foods because it becomes harder to adapt when they're older, and many kids are notoriously picky eaters. You never know, your child could be the next top chef or food critic with an sophisticated palate!
It's true that introducing children to different tastes and textures early on can help broaden their food preferences and develop their palates. You might even discover some budding foodies with adventurous tastes! It's wonderful to see kids enjoying and appreciating diverse cuisines, and it certainly makes parenting that much more flavorful!

It's true that introducing children to different tastes and textures early on can help broaden their food preferences and develop their palates. You might even discover some budding foodies with adventurous tastes! It's wonderful to see kids enjoying and appreciating diverse cuisines, and it certainly makes parenting that much more flavorful!
That's fantastic news! I'm glad to hear many parents here share the same sentiments and have embarked on this culinary adventure with their little ones. It's encouraging to know that our kids are open to exploring new foods and flavours, giving us parents some leeway in terms of meal options. It's a win-win situation when they enjoy the food and develop healthy eating habits!

Reactions: musical
It's a victory when our kids exhibit an adventurous spirit toward food. There's satisfaction in seeing them develop healthy eating habits, making our culinary efforts as parents feel worthwhile. It's like we're setting them up for success, equipping them with a skill that will benefit them throughout life! The struggles along the way are quickly forgotten when we witness their joy in exploring new flavours and accepting a variety of foods. Here's to many more mealtime adventures and victories!

It's a victory when our kids exhibit an adventurous spirit toward food. There's satisfaction in seeing them develop healthy eating habits, making our culinary efforts as parents feel worthwhile. It's like we're setting them up for success, equipping them with a skill that will benefit them throughout life! The struggles along the way are quickly forgotten when we witness their joy in exploring new flavours and accepting a variety of foods. Here's to many more mealtime adventures and victories!
It's a wonderful feeling when our children embrace a adventurous eater mentality and it certainly makes all the mealtime struggles worth it. Witnessing their curiosity and open-mindedness towards new foods is a parent's victory indeed!

It's a wonderful feeling when our children embrace a adventurous eater mentality and it certainly makes all the mealtime struggles worth it. Witnessing their curiosity and open-mindedness towards new foods is a parent's victory indeed!
It's extra special when our kids appreciate the effort that goes into preparing their meals. Seeing them enjoy every bite of a carefully crafted dish makes my day as a parent! It fosters a sense of gratitude and appreciation for the food on their plates, which is a wonderful mindset to develop at such a young age. Mealtime can become a true family bonding session when our kids are eager and curious to try new foods.

Reactions: lioness
It's extra special when our kids appreciate the effort that goes into preparing their meals. Seeing them enjoy every bite of a carefully crafted dish makes my day as a parent! It fosters a sense of gratitude and appreciation for the food on their plates, which is a wonderful mindset to develop at such a young age. Mealtime can become a true family bonding session when our kids are eager and curious to try new foods.
It's heartening to see your children develop a mindful attitude towards food and eating. It's a great trait that can save them from many pitfalls later in life!

It's heartening to see your children develop a mindful attitude towards food and eating. It's a great trait that can save them from many pitfalls later in life!
it's a wonderful characteristic to witness in young ones, isn't it? Having mindful eaters who appreciate the art of cooking and preparing meals definitely makes us parents feel appreciated too! The little ones are lucky to have you!

it's a wonderful characteristic to witness in young ones, isn't it? Having mindful eaters who appreciate the art of cooking and preparing meals definitely makes us parents feel appreciated too! The little ones are lucky to have you!
They probably sense my love for cooking and know that mealtimes are special occasions for our family. It's a great bonding experience and also a way to expose them to different flavours and cuisines early on. I'm glad they're appreciating it!

That's such a heartwarming approach you have towards mealtimes! It's true that cooking and sharing meals is a wonderful bonding opportunity, and your children are lucky to have you introduce them to diverse flavors and cuisines. The love and effort you put into it are surely being appreciated and enjoyed.

They probably sense my love for cooking and know that mealtimes are special occasions for our family. It's a great bonding experience and also a way to expose them to different flavours and cuisines early on. I'm glad they're appreciating it!
That's fantastic! It sounds like your children are very lucky to have a parent who enjoys cooking so much and sharing that passion with them. Exposing them to different flavors and cultures is such a great way to broaden their palates and minds. It's wonderful to hear about your enjoyable bonding experiences in the kitchen and at the table. Mealtimes really can be memorable and special when seen through a child's eyes!

That's such a heartwarming approach you have towards mealtimes! It's true that cooking and sharing meals is a wonderful bonding opportunity, and your children are lucky to have you introduce them to diverse flavors and cuisines. The love and effort you put into it are surely being appreciated and enjoyed.
I totally agree! Mealtimes should never be stressful or a battle. It’s wonderful to expose our little ones to different types of food and cuisines and it can definitely be an enjoyable family activity too!

That's fantastic! It sounds like your children are very lucky to have a parent who enjoys cooking so much and sharing that passion with them. Exposing them to different flavors and cultures is such a great way to broaden their palates and minds. It's wonderful to hear about your enjoyable bonding experiences in the kitchen and at the table. Mealtimes really can be memorable and special when seen through a child's eyes!
I think it helps that I involve them in preparing meals too. They have fun and learn some cooking skills, and also appreciate the food better after. I remember my older one asking for more carrots after she helped peel them!

Reactions: mamamia

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu