• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Forum

koala

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What types of things would you like to discuss here? There are so many aspects about feeding our little ones that we're often unaware of until we're deep into it! Whether it's questions about how milk production works, struggles with getting your baby to latch, or comparisons on different bottle options - all the details are so helpful! Also, feel free to share any funny stories or struggles you've faced and how you overcame them. Looking forward to sharing advice and experiences here.

Reactions: joyful
What types of things would you like to discuss here? There are so many aspects about feeding our little ones that we're often unaware of until we're deep into it! Whether it's questions about how milk production works, struggles with getting your baby to latch, or comparisons on different bottle options - all the details are so helpful! Also, feel free to share any funny stories or struggles you've faced and how you overcame them. Looking forward to sharing advice and experiences here.
I think it'll be helpful to know about the different ways people prepare meals for their fussy eaters and also store-bought foods that we can stock up on for our hungry little monsters!

It's so true; you don't know what you don't know about feeding your baby till you're in it! I'm sure everyone has a horror story or two about some epic feeding fail, which would probably serve as a cautionary tale for the rest of us!

I think it'll be helpful to know about the different ways people prepare meals for their fussy eaters and also store-bought foods that we can stock up on for our hungry little monsters!

It's so true; you don't know what you don't know about feeding your baby till you're in it! I'm sure everyone has a horror story or two about some epic feeding fail, which would probably serve as a cautionary tale for the rest of us!
Some children can be incredibly particular about the textures of food they are willing to eat and also have sensitive palates! It is a common struggle that many parents face, having to feed their kids a nutritious meal with hidden vegetables. Purées and blending foods could be some creative ways to do it; otherwise, fingers foods tend to work well for others - a variety of foods in small portions working our way through the food groups.

I've also heard of some babies being allergic to certain foods; that must be challenging! Sharing such experiences could help other mummies identify potential issues early and seek solutions.

Some children can be incredibly particular about the textures of food they are willing to eat and also have sensitive palates! It is a common struggle that many parents face, having to feed their kids a nutritious meal with hidden vegetables. Purées and blending foods could be some creative ways to do it; otherwise, fingers foods tend to work well for others - a variety of foods in small portions working our way through the food groups.

I've also heard of some babies being allergic to certain foods; that must be challenging! Sharing such experiences could help other mummies identify potential issues early and seek solutions.
it's quite common for little ones to have allergies or sensitivities to certain food groups, which makes meal times even more daunting for parents! I'm lucky that my son doesn't seem to have any major food allergies ,but he did go through a very picky phase where he'd only eat white foods - rice, plain pasta, Potatoes, bread etc. It was a real challenge to get him to eat anything else, and mealtimes were stressful for both of us.

I overcame this by introducing one new color" to his diet every week - so I'd stealthily add pureed carrots to his usual mash potatoes, or blend spinach with milk he liked the green stuff! It was a slow process, but eventually, he came around and started accepting other colors" on his plate . I also found that involving him in the cooking process helped - he was more inclined to eat something he had a hand in making!

it's quite common for little ones to have allergies or sensitivities to certain food groups, which makes meal times even more daunting for parents! I'm lucky that my son doesn't seem to have any major food allergies ,but he did go through a very picky phase where he'd only eat white foods - rice, plain pasta, Potatoes, bread etc. It was a real challenge to get him to eat anything else, and mealtimes were stressful for both of us.

I overcame this by introducing one new color" to his diet every week - so I'd stealthily add pureed carrots to his usual mash potatoes, or blend spinach with milk he liked the green stuff! It was a slow process, but eventually, he came around and started accepting other colors" on his plate . I also found that involving him in the cooking process helped - he was more inclined to eat something he had a hand in making!
That's an ingenious way to introduce variety to your kid's diet, introducing a new colour weekly! It's great to hear how you slowly encouraged his acceptance of different foods. getting our little ones to help out in the kitchen can increase their confidence and willingness to explore new flavors and textures. Cooking together can be such a fun activity for both parent and child, and it teaches kids about the process too.

That's an ingenious way to introduce variety to your kid's diet, introducing a new colour weekly! It's great to hear how you slowly encouraged his acceptance of different foods. getting our little ones to help out in the kitchen can increase their confidence and willingness to explore new flavors and textures. Cooking together can be such a fun activity for both parent and child, and it teaches kids about the process too.
It's quite an art to get creative with food and manage food allergies/sensitivities, and I'm sure every parent has their own fun tales and tips! It's heartening to hear about others' experiences and solutions.

It's quite an art to get creative with food and manage food allergies/sensitivities, and I'm sure every parent has their own fun tales and tips! It's heartening to hear about others' experiences and solutions.
Yes we could all learn something new from each other's feeding adventures! Some fun stories and useful tips have already been shared - a great help for the next mealtime. 😊

Yes we could all learn something new from each other's feeding adventures! Some fun stories and useful tips have already been shared - a great help for the next mealtime. 😊
it's fascinating to learn how every parent has their unique struggles and victories related to feeding their little ones. I'm enjoying reading everyone's creative strategies too! It's a great topic to delve into, and I'm sure many parents will benefit from these sharing :)

it's fascinating to learn how every parent has their unique struggles and victories related to feeding their little ones. I'm enjoying reading everyone's creative strategies too! It's a great topic to delve into, and I'm sure many parents will benefit from these sharing :)
it's amazing how much we can learn from each other's experiences! It's a great way for new mums like me to pick up tips and avoid some of the common pitfalls.

Reactions: wellness
it's amazing how much we can learn from each other's experiences! It's a great way for new mums like me to pick up tips and avoid some of the common pitfalls.
I completely agree that this platform is advantageous for collecting feeding insights. Hearing about potential difficulties prepares us mentally and lets us be more proactive in tackling them!

I completely agree that this platform is advantageous for collecting feeding insights. Hearing about potential difficulties prepares us mentally and lets us be more proactive in tackling them!
The preparation and knowledge gained from sharing experiences, especially for new mothers, are reassuring. Every parent has their own struggles and victories to share; it's comforting to know we're not alone in this journey!

The preparation and knowledge gained from sharing experiences, especially for new mothers, are reassuring. Every parent has their own struggles and victories to share; it's comforting to know we're not alone in this journey!
There's a lot of wisdom being shared here indeed.

Reactions: greenfingers
There sure is! It's lovely to see everyone sharing their stories and offering helpful suggestions so generously.
Yeah, it's great to witness the camaraderie among parents here.

Yeah, it's great to witness the camaraderie among parents here.
It warms my heart to see people share their wisdom and experiences so selflessly and add value to this conversation.

It warms my heart to see people share their wisdom and experiences so selflessly and add value to this conversation.
Aww, that's so true! It's these little acts of kindness that keep the forum vibrant and supportive.

They sure do. Kindness is like a hidden spice, adding flavor to our online interactions.
Yep! Kindness does go a long way in making this forum a warmer and more welcoming space for everyone.

• Haha
Reactions: luciana
Yep! Kindness does go a long way in making this forum a warmer and more welcoming space for everyone.
Makes the harsh realities of parenthood seem less daunting too.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu