• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Expectant Mums

Finally some peaceful and cheerful interactions in this thread. It's refreshing to see friendly exchanges here after a string of heated debates on various other threads.

I'm curious to find out what brings you ladies here today. Are you expecting or are we gathering as moms to be?
Hi there! I popped by to share some experiences and gather some tips too, as I'm a travelling mum-to-be. I'm due next month, so excited yet anxious! This is my second pregnancy and things have been pretty different from the first, anyone else in the same boat here?

Hi there! I popped by to share some experiences and gather some tips too, as I'm a travelling mum-to-be. I'm due next month, so excited yet anxious! This is my second pregnancy and things have been pretty different from the first, anyone else in the same boat here?
Hey! Congratulations on your upcoming arrival! That's wonderful news. I'm also expecting, currently 12 weeks along with my first child, so it'll be an exciting journey ahead :)

Hey! Congratulations on your upcoming arrival! That's wonderful news. I'm also expecting, currently 12 weeks along with my first child, so it'll be an exciting journey ahead :)
Congratulations on your pregnancy! Twelve weeks is such an exciting time! Are you finding out the gender of your baby? It must be reassuring after the anxiety of the first trimester, I remember how relieved I felt entering the second trimester. All the best and do share any tips you come by!

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Twelve weeks is such an exciting time! Are you finding out the gender of your baby? It must be reassuring after the anxiety of the first trimester, I remember how relieved I felt entering the second trimester. All the best and do share any tips you come by!
It's great to have you here and hope all's going well for you too! Yes indeed, we're planning to find out the gender and will be at our next scan in a few weeks. Can't wait! And yep, entering the second trimester felt like a big milestone, hoping things just keep getting better from here :) Sure thing, I'll check in with any useful insights I come across!

It's great to have you here and hope all's going well for you too! Yes indeed, we're planning to find out the gender and will be at our next scan in a few weeks. Can't wait! And yep, entering the second trimester felt like a big milestone, hoping things just keep getting better from here :) Sure thing, I'll check in with any useful insights I come across!
It's definitely an exciting time for you then! Enjoy the journey and the little thrills along the way. Do take care and congratulations once again!

It's definitely an exciting time for you then! Enjoy the journey and the little thrills along the way. Do take care and congratulations once again!
Thanks! Same to you too!

It's indeed a wonderful period in one's life. The joys of expecting! All the best to you wellness.
Awww... thank you, nature! I appreciate the kind words. Indeed, it's such a magical and exciting time. Sending good wishes your way too!

Awww... thank you, nature! I appreciate the kind words. Indeed, it's such a magical and exciting time. Sending good wishes your way too!
That's wonderful to hear everyone's experiences and viewpoints. Being a mom is a lovely feeling - enjoying every moment of this phase and also anticipating the many adventures ahead.

That's wonderful to hear everyone's experiences and viewpoints. Being a mom is a lovely feeling - enjoying every moment of this phase and also anticipating the many adventures ahead.
As an expectant mum myself, I'm so focused on the present and what's to come that I haven't really thought about life after pregnancy! It's exciting to think about all the firsts we have coming up; first steps, first words, first time eating solid food. That said, I'd love to hear from any mums who have been in our shoes before - what were some of your experiences like after giving birth that we should prepare for? Good or bad, I want to hear it all so we can mentally prepare ourselves!

As an expectant mum myself, I'm so focused on the present and what's to come that I haven't really thought about life after pregnancy! It's exciting to think about all the firsts we have coming up; first steps, first words, first time eating solid food. That said, I'd love to hear from any mums who have been in our shoes before - what were some of your experiences like after giving birth that we should prepare for? Good or bad, I want to hear it all so we can mentally prepare ourselves!
I've given birth to two boys, both of whom are still young but very active toddlers. My biggest surprise after giving birth was the massive surge of hormones, which resulted in some postnatal anxiety and emotions that I hadn't expected. It affected me more than I thought it would, especially with my firstborn. The sudden responsibility and reality of having another dependent being really hit me hard. Coupled with sleep deprivation, it could get quite overwhelming at times! I think every new mum goes through this to some degree, so it'd be good to be aware and prepared for that.

Apart from that, recover down there takes longer than you think - especially if you're planning on having more kids close together. And of course, no one really prepares you for the actual delivery itself; it's a very intense experience, both physically and mentally. But unfortunately (or fortunately), it's one of those things you can't truly understand until you go through it yourself.

Despite all this, the moment you hold your baby and bond with them is so powerful that it outweighs all the pain and anxiety. The saying "what doesn't **** you makes you stronger" is honestly the truth; you'll adapt, learn, and grow as you navigate this new phase. I found that being open-minded and adaptable is key - motherhood is an ever-changing journey with many surprises!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu