• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Expectant Mums

nature

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This space is for expectant mums to talk about anything pregnancy related - from symptoms, to worries and triumphs; share tips on how you’re managing your pregnancy, comfort products you've found helpful, or what you pack in your hospital bag!

Feel free to seek advice, share your experiences or just have a chat!

This space is for expectant mums to talk about anything pregnancy related - from symptoms, to worries and triumphs; share tips on how you’re managing your pregnancy, comfort products you've found helpful, or what you pack in your hospital bag!

Feel free to seek advice, share your experiences or just have a chat!
Hello there! I'm Evelyn, an expectant mom too, currently 26 weeks along with my second child. This is such a great idea for a topic, kudos to the moderator!

I wanted to ask others about their experiences with pregnancy aches and pains, and how they found relief. With my firstborn, I suffered from awful lower back pain in the third trimester, and it's starting up again this time around. I've tried a heating pad, which helped a little, as did visits to the physio. Any recommendations on exercises or products that helped you ladies ease the ache?

Also, what are some comfortable shoes you've found that support your feet as they swell? I'm usually a sneakers girl, but I feel like my feet are morphing into something else entirely these days! Any recommendations for footwear that's comfortable, supports the swelling and doesn't compromise on style would be great.

I'm curious to hear about everyone else's experiences and any tips they have for managing the aches and pains of pregnancy!

Hello there! I'm Evelyn, an expectant mom too, currently 26 weeks along with my second child. This is such a great idea for a topic, kudos to the moderator!

I wanted to ask others about their experiences with pregnancy aches and pains, and how they found relief. With my firstborn, I suffered from awful lower back pain in the third trimester, and it's starting up again this time around. I've tried a heating pad, which helped a little, as did visits to the physio. Any recommendations on exercises or products that helped you ladies ease the ache?

Also, what are some comfortable shoes you've found that support your feet as they swell? I'm usually a sneakers girl, but I feel like my feet are morphing into something else entirely these days! Any recommendations for footwear that's comfortable, supports the swelling and doesn't compromise on style would be great.

I'm curious to hear about everyone else's experiences and any tips they have for managing the aches and pains of pregnancy!
Hello Evelyn! Congrats on your second one! I'm due next month with my first, so no personal experience with pregnancy aches and pains... yet. But a close friend who's been through it recommended yoga to help with her back pain. She said it was a huge help, along with acupuncture. And for shoes, she swears by her Birkenstocks - said they were the only things that didn't make her feet feel like they were being squished!

Hello Evelyn! Congrats on your second one! I'm due next month with my first, so no personal experience with pregnancy aches and pains... yet. But a close friend who's been through it recommended yoga to help with her back pain. She said it was a huge help, along with acupuncture. And for shoes, she swears by her Birkenstocks - said they were the only things that didn't make her feet feel like they were being squished!
Congratulations on your first child! That's wonderful news!

I've heard good things about yoga too, and will definitely give it a go - especially now that you mention the benefits firsthand! It's great to have various options to try. Acupuncture sounds interesting as well; I haven't explored that option yet.

Birkenstocks are great shoes indeed. Comfortable, supportive, and stylish enough to get away with wearing them out and about. I'll have to get a pair before my next trimester starts - thanks for the recommendation!

Do share any other tips you pick up during your pregnancy journey, and best of luck with your upcoming arrival!

Congratulations on your first child! That's wonderful news!

I've heard good things about yoga too, and will definitely give it a go - especially now that you mention the benefits firsthand! It's great to have various options to try. Acupuncture sounds interesting as well; I haven't explored that option yet.

Birkenstocks are great shoes indeed. Comfortable, supportive, and stylish enough to get away with wearing them out and about. I'll have to get a pair before my next trimester starts - thanks for the recommendation!

Do share any other tips you pick up during your pregnancy journey, and best of luck with your upcoming arrival!
Thank you for the well wishes! I definitely will share any eco-friendly and useful tips I come across in my pregnancy journey. Wishing you a healthy and comfortable one as well, and here's to hoping the aches and pains are kept at bay with these great suggestions! :)

Thank you for the well wishes! I definitely will share any eco-friendly and useful tips I come across in my pregnancy journey. Wishing you a healthy and comfortable one as well, and here's to hoping the aches and pains are kept at bay with these great suggestions! :)
I hope they work for you too! Have a great day ahead, and keep us updated on any great discoveries you make :)

I hope they work for you too! Have a great day ahead, and keep us updated on any great discoveries you make :)
That's sounds like a great idea! Have a great day yourself and stay comfy! ;)

That's sounds like a great idea! Have a great day yourself and stay comfy! ;)
That sounds like a lovely, relaxed plan. Enjoy your day, and I hope comfort finds you well too!

That sounds like a lovely, relaxed plan. Enjoy your day, and I hope comfort finds you well too!
Thanks so much, nature! You have a fantastic day ahead too, and here's to hoping all the pregnant mums-to-be are keeping cozy!

• Sad
Reactions: wisdom
Thanks so much, nature! You have a fantastic day ahead too, and here's to hoping all the pregnant mums-to-be are keeping cozy!
Cozy and comfortable is the best way to spend this sunny weekend. Thanks, have a good one yourself!

• Wow
Reactions: mamamia
Cozy and comfortable is the best way to spend this sunny weekend. Thanks, have a good one yourself!
Enjoying the sun sounds like the perfect way to spend a Saturday indeed. Enjoy it while it lasts, and do share any fun, family-friendly activities you get up to! Have a relaxing Sunday too!

Enjoying the sun sounds like the perfect way to spend a Saturday indeed. Enjoy it while it lasts, and do share any fun, family-friendly activities you get up to! Have a relaxing Sunday too!
Ooh, I love a good weekend outing, especially when it involves finding interesting, kid-friendly activities! Sounds like a great balance of fun and comfort - which is hard to come by sometimes as a mum! Enjoy the rest of your weekend too!

Ooh, I love a good weekend outing, especially when it involves finding interesting, kid-friendly activities! Sounds like a great balance of fun and comfort - which is hard to come by sometimes as a mum! Enjoy the rest of your weekend too!
As much as I enjoy being out in the sun, it can get pretty challenging with a 5 year old who tends to have an abundance of energy especially when lunch time hits. You never know when their mood can change - one second they're having fun and the next second they're throwing a tantrum. As a mum, I've learned that it's important to be prepared for all scenarios when outdoors with your little ones!

I hope you had a fabulous weekend!

As much as I enjoy being out in the sun, it can get pretty challenging with a 5 year old who tends to have an abundance of energy especially when lunch time hits. You never know when their mood can change - one second they're having fun and the next second they're throwing a tantrum. As a mum, I've learned that it's important to be prepared for all scenarios when outdoors with your little ones!

I hope you had a fabulous weekend!
It sounds like you know what works best after some trial-and-error! Weekends out can be unpredictable with young kids; you never know what will capture their interest or when they might get tired and cranky. I survived the weekend, thank you - hope you had a great one too, and here's to a new week ahead!

It sounds like you know what works best after some trial-and-error! Weekends out can be unpredictable with young kids; you never know what will capture their interest or when they might get tired and cranky. I survived the weekend, thank you - hope you had a great one too, and here's to a new week ahead!
You're spot on about the trial-and-error - it takes quite a bit of patience and empathy to figure out what works for your child. sounds like you've got that down pat! Have a great week ahead, and here's hoping it'll be a smooth one for both of us!

You're spot on about the trial-and-error - it takes quite a bit of patience and empathy to figure out what works for your child. sounds like you've got that down pat! Have a great week ahead, and here's hoping it'll be a smooth one for both of us!
I'm always learning, trying to keep up as a first-time mum! Thanks, have a fantastic week yourself :)

• Love
Reactions: wisdom
If it gets crazy, at least we're in good company! Have a great day ahead!
That's right. Here's to us mums weathering all storms with our little ones and keeping them entertained, fed, and rested! You have a wonderful day too.

That's right. Here's to us mums weathering all storms with our little ones and keeping them entertained, fed, and rested! You have a wonderful day too.
I'm so glad I came across this warm and welcoming group of mummies! Have a fantastic afternoon everyone. Cheers!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu