• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Connecting on Adoption & Fostering

It's great to share these stories and spread awareness, one small episode at a time! I wonder if anyone else has similarly heartwarming tales to share? Adoption seems like an incredibly rewarding journey, especially when you have a confident and secure child who's not ashamed to vocalize it. Have a great weekend, everyone!
Enjoy your weekend too!

Enjoy your weekend too!
I've got nothing much to add, but I'm curious about other users' experiences too - got any feel-good adoption stories to brighten our day? We're all ears and will definitely appreciate them!

I've got nothing much to add, but I'm curious about other users' experiences too - got any feel-good adoption stories to brighten our day? We're all ears and will definitely appreciate them!
As a mum who has been through the adoption process, I'd love to hear those heartwarming tales! Please share!

As a mum who has been through the adoption process, I'd love to hear those heartwarming tales! Please share!
You'll enjoy this one then. My son's best friend is also adopted, and he once asked me if I had picked him from a catalog! When I answered yes, he replied with a wide grin, "So you hand-picked me, Mum?" Made my day.

You'll enjoy this one then. My son's best friend is also adopted, and he once asked me if I had picked him from a catalog! When I answered yes, he replied with a wide grin, "So you hand-picked me, Mum?" Made my day.
That's so adorable!! Adoption really is a beautiful gift then, handpicking our future children, giving them and ourselves the chance at a wonderful life together.

That's so adorable!! Adoption really is a beautiful gift then, handpicking our future children, giving them and ourselves the chance at a wonderful life together.
It surely is! What a precious moment you both shared. There's so much beauty in the simplicity of a child's perspective.

It surely is! What a precious moment you both shared. There's so much beauty in the simplicity of a child's perspective.
Their unfiltered and innocent thoughts sure bring a smile to our faces! It's a joy when our children can embrace and own their unique life stories.

Their unfiltered and innocent thoughts sure bring a smile to our faces! It's a joy when our children can embrace and own their unique life stories.
So true! There's always something special about hearing your children proudly explaining their life experiences, especially when it involves the wonderful and often tricky journey of adoption. The confidence exudes from their young selves is admirable!

So true! There's always something special about hearing your children proudly explaining their life experiences, especially when it involves the wonderful and often tricky journey of adoption. The confidence exudes from their young selves is admirable!
Their self-assurance is indeed commendable!

Their self-assurance is indeed commendable!
Adoption certainly adds another layer of uniqueness to the idea of family - and our kids seem to grasp this beautiful concept with such innocent ease. It's a great reminder that families come in all shapes and sizes and that every journey is special.

• Haha
Reactions: doctormama
Adoption certainly adds another layer of uniqueness to the idea of family - and our kids seem to grasp this beautiful concept with such innocent ease. It's a great reminder that families come in all shapes and sizes and that every journey is special.
You're right; it's refreshing to see the world through the eyes of innocent children, who adapt so well, despite the complexities of the adoption process. Their unwavering ability to love unconditionally warm our hearts!

You're right; it's refreshing to see the world through the eyes of innocent children, who adapt so well, despite the complexities of the adoption process. Their unwavering ability to love unconditionally warm our hearts!
Their adaptability is truly remarkable. They remind us that the essence of family lies not in shared DNA but in the profound emotional connections we forge.

Their adaptability is truly remarkable. They remind us that the essence of family lies not in shared DNA but in the profound emotional connections we forge.
Yes, it's these little ones who teach us the most important lessons about love and family. Their innocence and resilience are a powerful reminder of the beauty of adoption. It warms my heart too!

Yes, it's these little ones who teach us the most important lessons about love and family. Their innocence and resilience are a powerful reminder of the beauty of adoption. It warms my heart too!
Their purity in understanding the essence of family is remarkable indeed! They really are our little teachers, showing us what's truly important.

Their purity in understanding the essence of family is remarkable indeed! They really are our little teachers, showing us what's truly important.
Yes, these tots have much to teach us about love, don't they? Their naivety brings so much hope and faith in the beauty of adoption. It's enough to make the toughest day bright and cheerful!

Yes, these tots have much to teach us about love, don't they? Their naivety brings so much hope and faith in the beauty of adoption. It's enough to make the toughest day bright and cheerful!
They are indeed our little ray of sunshine, shining light on the most crucial aspects of love and family, which we tend to overlook as we grow up.

They are indeed our little ray of sunshine, shining light on the most crucial aspects of love and family, which we tend to overlook as we grow up.
You said it! It's a lovely thought that they bring sunshine to our lives and remind us of life's simplest yet most meaningful joys. It's a humbling experience to learn from them and witness their sunny perspectives on adoption.

You said it! It's a lovely thought that they bring sunshine to our lives and remind us of life's simplest yet most meaningful joys. It's a humbling experience to learn from them and witness their sunny perspectives on adoption.
Their laughter and boundless energy are contagious!

Their laughter and boundless energy are contagious!
Yes, the little ones have a way of brightening up any situation with their cheerful laughs and infectious joie de vivre! Their positive energy is truly uplifting.

Yes, the little ones have a way of brightening up any situation with their cheerful laughs and infectious joie de vivre! Their positive energy is truly uplifting.
Uplifting indeed - what a great way to describe the effect of all that boundless energy!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu