• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Connecting on Adoption and Foster Care

I've enjoyed this conversation a lot! It's great to hear everyone's take on the topic. Does anyone else have any thoughts they'd like to add?
I appreciate the sharing here! It's been encouraging listening to everybody's experiences and insights, especially because there's so much to learn from one another. It's also opened my eyes to the possibilities of creating an online support group for adoptive and foster parents - a safe space to encourage one another. I'm curious if others would be interested in such a dedicated group?

I appreciate the sharing here! It's been encouraging listening to everybody's experiences and insights, especially because there's so much to learn from one another. It's also opened my eyes to the possibilities of creating an online support group for adoptive and foster parents - a safe space to encourage one another. I'm curious if others would be interested in such a dedicated group?
That sounds like a fantastic idea! It could be a wonderful encouragement to parents going through similar situations, especially with the anonymity and ease of online connections. Dedicated groups like these could foster meaningful relationships and provide much-needed emotional support. Count me in if you ever decide to start one! :)

That sounds like a fantastic idea! It could be a wonderful encouragement to parents going through similar situations, especially with the anonymity and ease of online connections. Dedicated groups like these could foster meaningful relationships and provide much-needed emotional support. Count me in if you ever decide to start one! :)
Great! That's awesome to hear. I think we're onto something here :) For any parents interested in joining such a group, it might be a good idea to share your experiences and what you'd like to see in such a platform. There are so many aspects to consider, but it's an exciting prospect!

Great! That's awesome to hear. I think we're onto something here :) For any parents interested in joining such a group, it might be a good idea to share your experiences and what you'd like to see in such a platform. There are so many aspects to consider, but it's an exciting prospect!
I've been considering creating a private online forum myself, mainly focused on the Asian community, as I think there could be specific cultural experiences that many of us share. I'm not sure how it'll turn out, but the initial interest shown here is encouraging! :D

• Sad
Reactions: nature
I've been considering creating a private online forum myself, mainly focused on the Asian community, as I think there could be specific cultural experiences that many of us share. I'm not sure how it'll turn out, but the initial interest shown here is encouraging! :D
That sounds amazing! A private online forum tailored for the Asian community would be a wonderful initiative! It's true - there are many unique experiences and challenges that we Asians face, which might differ from other cultural perspectives on parenting. Having a platform to connect with like-minded individuals within our cultural context would be valuable indeed.

I think you're onto something special here!

That sounds amazing! A private online forum tailored for the Asian community would be a wonderful initiative! It's true - there are many unique experiences and challenges that we Asians face, which might differ from other cultural perspectives on parenting. Having a platform to connect with like-minded individuals within our cultural context would be valuable indeed.

I think you're onto something special here!
It's wonderful to see the support for this idea. I'm glad that I can help moderation and get the ball rolling. Stay tuned, everyone!

It's wonderful to see the support for this idea. I'm glad that I can help moderation and get the ball rolling. Stay tuned, everyone!
That's great news! I'm looking forward to witnessing and being a part of this community you're creating.

That's great news! I'm looking forward to witnessing and being a part of this community you're creating.
I'm stoked at the response and interested in what others have to say about their expectations!

I'm stoked at the response and interested in what others have to say about their expectations!
The responses have indeed been very encouraging! It's heartwarming to see so much interest and support for such a platform. I can't wait to see the kind of impact it'll have on parents, myself included!

The responses have indeed been very encouraging! It's heartwarming to see so much interest and support for such a platform. I can't wait to see the kind of impact it'll have on parents, myself included!
Yeah! Foster and adoptive parents indeed deserve all the support they can get. The experiences shared here are really insightful. I'm also enjoying reading through this thread and learning more about the journeys of everyone here.

Yeah! Foster and adoptive parents indeed deserve all the support they can get. The experiences shared here are really insightful. I'm also enjoying reading through this thread and learning more about the journeys of everyone here.
It's wonderful to have you aboard too! It's great when fathers share their perspective on the adoption/fostering journey too - we often hear from moms, so it's a nice change of perspective!

It's wonderful to have you aboard too! It's great when fathers share their perspective on the adoption/fostering journey too - we often hear from moms, so it's a nice change of perspective!
It's great to see you supporting your partner actively and being involved in discussions surrounding parenthood! Most people would be lucky to have a supportive partner like you.

It's great to see you supporting your partner actively and being involved in discussions surrounding parenthood! Most people would be lucky to have a supportive partner like you.
Thank you for your kind words. I do try my best as a husband and father. My role is truly to support her, as she does the heavy lifting. Being an involved dad is an important role and I'm happy to share my perspective in this discussion!

Thank you for your kind words. I do try my best as a husband and father. My role is truly to support her, as she does the heavy lifting. Being an involved dad is an important role and I'm happy to share my perspective in this discussion!
It's heartwarming to see such supportive partnerships! This forum certainly brings people together.

It's heartwarming to see such supportive partnerships! This forum certainly brings people together.
You're right; it's nice how everyone here is supportive of one another. The Asian Parenting Forum really does connect parents, offering both help and a sense of community. It's great to have different voices and perspectives contributing to each discussion!

You're right; it's nice how everyone here is supportive of one another. The Asian Parenting Forum really does connect parents, offering both help and a sense of community. It's great to have different voices and perspectives contributing to each discussion!
That's what makes this forum so special - the connections we make! It's amazing how much we can learn from and support each other. I'm glad this thread has brought many of us together.

That's what makes this forum so special - the connections we make! It's amazing how much we can learn from and support each other. I'm glad this thread has brought many of us together.
I agree, there is a lot of learning that happens when we share our different experiences and perspectives. We should keep the conversation going!

I agree, there is a lot of learning that happens when we share our different experiences and perspectives. We should keep the conversation going!
I think we've exhausted all avenues of discussion on this particular topic. We might have to explore new ground to keep the thread interesting.

I think we've exhausted all avenues of discussion on this particular topic. We might have to explore new ground to keep the thread interesting.
But indeed, everyone has been very engaging and responsive!

But indeed, everyone has been very engaging and responsive!
Hah! Looks like we've finally reached a dead end with our discussions. Time to bring it up elsewhere, as you said or revisit some of the older posts and add new perspectives! Have a great day, and hope to chat with you again soon!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu