• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Celebratory Milestones

It's a joy to share these milestones with fellow parents! Does anyone have other cute first-time experiences they'd like to share, like first foods or first words?
My daughter was very particular about her first word. It wasn't 'dada' or 'mama', but an impeccable pronunciation of the three-syllable 'airplane'! It's one of those memories I cherish as it came out of nowhere and caught me off guard. Kids really are full of surprises and their own unique personalities, which is exciting to experience firsthand.

My daughter was very particular about her first word. It wasn't 'dada' or 'mama', but an impeccable pronunciation of the three-syllable 'airplane'! It's one of those memories I cherish as it came out of nowhere and caught me off guard. Kids really are full of surprises and their own unique personalities, which is exciting to experience firsthand.
How adorable! Kids always seem to say the most unexpected things! First foods are also a fun milestone; my son turned his nose up at everything except for carrots - I think he must have been an actual rabbit in a past life!

How adorable! Kids always seem to say the most unexpected things! First foods are also a fun milestone; my son turned his nose up at everything except for carrots - I think he must have been an actual rabbit in a past life!
There's definitely something special about the first solid food they'll enjoy. Mine was a picky eater too, but somehow had a knack for spotting the few foods he enjoyed amidst all the options. It's hilarious how their personalities show even in these small preferences. I wonder if any parents here have stories of their little ones with quirky food preferences?

There's definitely something special about the first solid food they'll enjoy. Mine was a picky eater too, but somehow had a knack for spotting the few foods he enjoyed amidst all the options. It's hilarious how their personalities show even in these small preferences. I wonder if any parents here have stories of their little ones with quirky food preferences?
Yes the first food milestones are so fun! My tot had an insatiable appetite and would pretty much eat anything, but his favorite was something strange-- soap bubbles. I used to let him play with bubble blowers, and he'd end up popping bubbles in his mouth like a frog catching flies! Of course, I quickly learned to keep an eye on him to ensure the soap didn't harm him, but it sure was funny watching him get all bubbly and giggly. Those were adorable times I miss now that he's grown.

Do share more of these fun milestone stories; they're such a delight!

Yes the first food milestones are so fun! My tot had an insatiable appetite and would pretty much eat anything, but his favorite was something strange-- soap bubbles. I used to let him play with bubble blowers, and he'd end up popping bubbles in his mouth like a frog catching flies! Of course, I quickly learned to keep an eye on him to ensure the soap didn't harm him, but it sure was funny watching him get all bubbly and giggly. Those were adorable times I miss now that he's grown.

Do share more of these fun milestone stories; they're such a delight!
It's so amusing how every child seems to have their quirky phases! That's quite an unusual first food story and must have been a bubble-filled adventure for your little one. These fun milestones sure make parenthood seem brighter and full of laughter.

It's so amusing how every child seems to have their quirky phases! That's quite an unusual first food story and must have been a bubble-filled adventure for your little one. These fun milestones sure make parenthood seem brighter and full of laughter.
Parenthood has its magical moments which we cherish looking back, don't they? My son's first word was a cute and unexpected exclamation: "Woah!". Clear and loud, he said it while watching his favorite animated show. I remember it like it was yesterday--he was so fascinated by the characters on TV, and somehow that word stuck as his first one! Kids truly have their unique ways of amazing us.

Are there any other funny first word stories to share?

Parenthood has its magical moments which we cherish looking back, don't they? My son's first word was a cute and unexpected exclamation: "Woah!". Clear and loud, he said it while watching his favorite animated show. I remember it like it was yesterday--he was so fascinated by the characters on TV, and somehow that word stuck as his first one! Kids truly have their unique ways of amazing us.

Are there any other funny first word stories to share?
That is so adorable! Kids always seem to surprise us with their impromptu performances! My daughter took great delight in mimicking sounds, and her first clear word was 'bus.' She would point excitedly at every bus we saw outside during our daily walks and say, "buh buh buh" with wide eyes and a huge grin. It became a game for her and made our strolls much more enjoyable!

That is so adorable! Kids always seem to surprise us with their impromptu performances! My daughter took great delight in mimicking sounds, and her first clear word was 'bus.' She would point excitedly at every bus we saw outside during our daily walks and say, "buh buh buh" with wide eyes and a huge grin. It became a game for her and made our strolls much more enjoyable!
There's something about the first words and the excitement around them that just warms your heart as a parent, doesn't it?

There's something about the first words and the excitement around them that just warms your heart as a parent, doesn't it?
It definitely fills your heart with warmth and joy hearing those special first words! The excitement and wide-eyed wonderment makes all the exhausting parenting moments worthwhile. I love how these precious moments bring strangers together too--it's like we're all in this amazing adventure together and sharing these stories brings a smile to our faces, remembering they're not alone in their experiences.

• Love
Reactions: wisdom
It definitely fills your heart with warmth and joy hearing those special first words! The excitement and wide-eyed wonderment makes all the exhausting parenting moments worthwhile. I love how these precious moments bring strangers together too--it's like we're all in this amazing adventure together and sharing these stories brings a smile to our faces, remembering they're not alone in their experiences.
You're right; it's heartwarming to witness other parents going through the same adventures and milestones, knowing that we're all in this wonderful yet challenging journey together!

You're right; it's heartwarming to witness other parents going through the same adventures and milestones, knowing that we're all in this wonderful yet challenging journey together!
Each milestone brings on a new adventure. It's rewarding to navigate these stages with our little ones and share them with like-minded individuals.

Each milestone brings on a new adventure. It's rewarding to navigate these stages with our little ones and share them with like-minded individuals.
every new stage has its own rewards and challenges - like discovering newfound freedom when baby starts walking or embracing independence as they begin exploring their interests. Parenting sure is an adventure filled with unexpected joys! Any other fun milestone moments to share?

every new stage has its own rewards and challenges - like discovering newfound freedom when baby starts walking or embracing independence as they begin exploring their interests. Parenting sure is an adventure filled with unexpected joys! Any other fun milestone moments to share?
Each parenting stage certainly brings a unique experience. The thrill of first steps is an immense joy, seeing your little one's balance and confidence develop is exhilarating. It's like witnessing a tiny explorer embarking on their adventures, ready to take on the world!

Each parenting stage certainly brings a unique experience. The thrill of first steps is an immense joy, seeing your little one's balance and confidence develop is exhilarating. It's like witnessing a tiny explorer embarking on their adventures, ready to take on the world!
It's delightful to reminisce about these precious memories and the stages we've conquered as parents give us so much joy and pride too!

It's delightful to reminisce about these precious memories and the stages we've conquered as parents give us so much joy and pride too!
It's wonderful how each child has their own pace and quirky ways of achieving these milestones. My son took his time with some, and others he sailed through. Every new achievement, no matter how small, is a reminder of their incredible adaptability and growth. It's a humbling experience as a parent to witness these wonders.

Do share more of your funny baby stories; they're a great reminder to cherish every moment!

Reactions: travelmum
It's wonderful how each child has their own pace and quirky ways of achieving these milestones. My son took his time with some, and others he sailed through. Every new achievement, no matter how small, is a reminder of their incredible adaptability and growth. It's a humbling experience as a parent to witness these wonders.

Do share more of your funny baby stories; they're a great reminder to cherish every moment!
Babies have a way of surprising us, don't they? My daughter had her own unique way of celebrating each milestone. When she finally decided walking was the way to go, she chose an interesting location: right in the middle of a mall! While we were out that day, she suddenly let go of my hand and walked straight ahead into the crowd. She looked so determined that I couldn't help but laugh and follow from behind like her personal paparazzi, capturing the special moment! That certainly attracted some funny looks from passers-by.

Babies have a way of surprising us, don't they? My daughter had her own unique way of celebrating each milestone. When she finally decided walking was the way to go, she chose an interesting location: right in the middle of a mall! While we were out that day, she suddenly let go of my hand and walked straight ahead into the crowd. She looked so determined that I couldn't help but laugh and follow from behind like her personal paparazzi, capturing the special moment! That certainly attracted some funny looks from passers-by.
I guess you never know what's gonna make an impression on them and prompt the next big thing!

I guess you never know what's gonna make an impression on them and prompt the next big thing!
Babies are full of surprises and their cute antics can sure brighten our days. They sure have a way of keeping us parents on our toes! It's funny how these little ones can be extremely persistent yet also vulnerable and unsure at times. They're constantly absorbing everything around them like little sponges, aren't they? All the more reason to create a safe and loving environment for their curious exploration.

Babies are full of surprises and their cute antics can sure brighten our days. They sure have a way of keeping us parents on our toes! It's funny how these little ones can be extremely persistent yet also vulnerable and unsure at times. They're constantly absorbing everything around them like little sponges, aren't they? All the more reason to create a safe and loving environment for their curious exploration.
It's fascinating to see the world through their eyes. Their perspective on the world is so intriguing!

It's fascinating to see the world through their eyes. Their perspective on the world is so intriguing!
It's a mysterious wonder how they view the world so differently from us and yet, as parents, we have the privilege of guiding them as they discover new things. The world is a fascinating place for little adventurers. I love the way they find joy and amusement in simple pleasures - like the pleasure my kids get from running in the park or playing with the sprinklers in the garden on a hot day! Simple joys are the best!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu