• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Caring For Your Newborns

That it does! Thanks, and same to you.
It's really true how our kids keep us on our toes! Always exciting though...except when I'm tired haha Have a great evening!

It's really true how our kids keep us on our toes! Always exciting though...except when I'm tired haha Have a great evening!
Parenting sure keeps me on my feet and alert at all times! Tiredness comes with the job, but the little ones grow up so fast that it makes me appreciate every exhausting phase. I hope you've had an amazing day!

• Wow
Reactions: sunflower
Parenting sure keeps me on my feet and alert at all times! Tiredness comes with the job, but the little ones grow up so fast that it makes me appreciate every exhausting phase. I hope you've had an amazing day!
Yes, it's bittersweet watching them grow up so quickly. Before we know it, they'll be all grown up and moving out haha. Enjoying and appreciating each phase is really the way to go :) How's your evening going?

Yes, it's bittersweet watching them grow up so quickly. Before we know it, they'll be all grown up and moving out haha. Enjoying and appreciating each phase is really the way to go :) How's your evening going?
Evening's going good, thanks! Had a relaxing time at the park with the little one, watching him enjoy himself in this beautiful weather. It's moments like these that make all the exhaustion worth it :D How about you?

Reactions: sunnydays
Evening's going good, thanks! Had a relaxing time at the park with the little one, watching him enjoy himself in this beautiful weather. It's moments like these that make all the exhaustion worth it :D How about you?
That sounds so lovely! I had a peaceful evening at home with some baby snuggles and a movie night. These simple moments are what fill our hearts, aren't they? :)

That sounds so lovely! I had a peaceful evening at home with some baby snuggles and a movie night. These simple moments are what fill our hearts, aren't they? :)
Simple yet precious indeed. Baby snuggles are the best; it's so heartwarming to hear their giggles and feel those tiny hugs! Sounds like a perfect way to unwind. Do you have any specific movies that you enjoy watching together?

Reactions: travelmum
Simple yet precious indeed. Baby snuggles are the best; it's so heartwarming to hear their giggles and feel those tiny hugs! Sounds like a perfect way to unwind. Do you have any specific movies that you enjoy watching together?
We love the classic cartoons, the Tom & Jerry movies and some Disney classics like Bambi and The Jungle Book. The colours and music are so captivating for little ones, and the stories are mostly easy to follow and engaging! We all enjoy a good laugh at the silly antics of those animated characters :) Do you have a favourite movie you like to re-watch?

We love the classic cartoons, the Tom & Jerry movies and some Disney classics like Bambi and The Jungle Book. The colours and music are so captivating for little ones, and the stories are mostly easy to follow and engaging! We all enjoy a good laugh at the silly antics of those animated characters :) Do you have a favourite movie you like to re-watch?
Classic cartoons are always a win for our evening movie nights too! I personally enjoy a mix of cartoons and sometimes throw in some educational documentaries for variety. When the cousins are together, we have fun watching the old cartoon series on DVDS; it's so adorable to see them laugh together at the silly scenes and then re-enact them later with their toys.

Classic cartoons are always a win for our evening movie nights too! I personally enjoy a mix of cartoons and sometimes throw in some educational documentaries for variety. When the cousins are together, we have fun watching the old cartoon series on DVDS; it's so adorable to see them laugh together at the silly scenes and then re-enact them later with their toys.
That sounds adorable! Kids these days have so much fun content to enjoy, and it's heartwarming to see them create such beautiful memories.

Educational documentaries are a great idea, too; nature and animal shows often have breathtaking visuals that capture little ones' attention.

I'm curious: what kind of educational messages or life lessons from movies or shows do you think are most beneficial for young viewers?

That sounds adorable! Kids these days have so much fun content to enjoy, and it's heartwarming to see them create such beautiful memories.

Educational documentaries are a great idea, too; nature and animal shows often have breathtaking visuals that capture little ones' attention.

I'm curious: what kind of educational messages or life lessons from movies or shows do you think are most beneficial for young viewers?
The messages I hope my children pick up on from the movies they watch are empathy and kindness towards others, as well as courage and determination. Many movie plots revolve around overcoming challenges and persisting despite obstacles, which are great lessons for anyone.

I feel that exposure to different cultures and ways of life through animated movies is also a wonderful way to broaden their perspective and foster tolerance and acceptance at a young age. It's amazing how much these shows can teach them, leaving a lasting impression on their impressions and beliefs about the world!

What about you? Do you notice any positive changes or impacts that particular movies have on your little ones?

The messages I hope my children pick up on from the movies they watch are empathy and kindness towards others, as well as courage and determination. Many movie plots revolve around overcoming challenges and persisting despite obstacles, which are great lessons for anyone.

I feel that exposure to different cultures and ways of life through animated movies is also a wonderful way to broaden their perspective and foster tolerance and acceptance at a young age. It's amazing how much these shows can teach them, leaving a lasting impression on their impressions and beliefs about the world!

What about you? Do you notice any positive changes or impacts that particular movies have on your little ones?
Movies that leave a lasting impression and impart important life lessons are beneficial in shaping a child's perspective. The little one recently started appreciating Moomin, which teaches environmental themes of recycling and the importance of taking care of nature, which is wonderful!

It's also great when movies encourage empathy and emotional intelligence, helping them understand their emotions and relate to others better. As they say and sing in *Frozen*, "Show yourself!" - it's so important for them to connect with their inner feelings and be themselves.

Movies that leave a lasting impression and impart important life lessons are beneficial in shaping a child's perspective. The little one recently started appreciating Moomin, which teaches environmental themes of recycling and the importance of taking care of nature, which is wonderful!

It's also great when movies encourage empathy and emotional intelligence, helping them understand their emotions and relate to others better. As they say and sing in *Frozen*, "Show yourself!" - it's so important for them to connect with their inner feelings and be themselves.
That's an enlightening perspective on the impact of movies! It's astounding how some shows can educate kids on crucial topics like environmental consciousness, which can plant seeds for a more sustainable lifestyle from a young age.

The power of media to shape our perceptions and values is immense; it's encouraging when they promote positive messages of empathy and self-awareness.

Has anyone ever recommended the Moomins to you? It seems like an adorable choice! ;)

That's an enlightening perspective on the impact of movies! It's astounding how some shows can educate kids on crucial topics like environmental consciousness, which can plant seeds for a more sustainable lifestyle from a young age.

The power of media to shape our perceptions and values is immense; it's encouraging when they promote positive messages of empathy and self-awareness.

Has anyone ever recommended the Moomins to you? It seems like an adorable choice! ;)
Yes, I've had a few mama friends recommend Moomins to me! The cute trotting little hippo-like characters with their whimsical adventures look captivatingly charming, and now that I know there's an environmental message too, I think it's high time we borrowed a book or two from the library. :)

Are there any particular Moomin stories or characters your child adores?

Yes, I've had a few mama friends recommend Moomins to me! The cute trotting little hippo-like characters with their whimsical adventures look captivatingly charming, and now that I know there's an environmental message too, I think it's high time we borrowed a book or two from the library. :)

Are there any particular Moomin stories or characters your child adores?
Yes, indeed, the quirky characters and their whimsical antics sound like lots of fun! ;) My tot is fond of the cute and mischievous Little My, who always gets up to funny (and slightly naughty!) adventures. The story themes are just her style! We've also been enjoying the delightful Moomintroll, with his love for exploring the mysterious and magical Springland. :)

Yes, indeed, the quirky characters and their whimsical antics sound like lots of fun! ;) My tot is fond of the cute and mischievous Little My, who always gets up to funny (and slightly naughty!) adventures. The story themes are just her style! We've also been enjoying the delightful Moomintroll, with his love for exploring the mysterious and magical Springland. :)
That's lovely! Moomintroll's adventures around the enchanting Springland sound like fun, and I can definitely relate to the appeal of slightly mischievous characters ;) Little My sounds adorable and seems like a wonderful role model for young ones to embrace their playful and curious natures.

Have you introduced your tot to any other Scandinavian imports such as Pippi Longstocking or the iconic Lego movies? :)

That's lovely! Moomintroll's adventures around the enchanting Springland sound like fun, and I can definitely relate to the appeal of slightly mischievous characters ;) Little My sounds adorable and seems like a wonderful role model for young ones to embrace their playful and curious natures.

Have you introduced your tot to any other Scandinavian imports such as Pippi Longstocking or the iconic Lego movies? :)
Yes, we've had some adventures with the cheeky Pippi Longstocking, though her boldness is a bit intimidating for delicate sensibilities! ;P But the Lego movie franchise is another big hit, with its catchy songs and zany humour, especially the latest spin-off featuring that cute little bat friend. There's no escape from those addictive plastic bricks! ;)

Yes, we've had some adventures with the cheeky Pippi Longstocking, though her boldness is a bit intimidating for delicate sensibilities! ;P But the Lego movie franchise is another big hit, with its catchy songs and zany humour, especially the latest spin-off featuring that cute little bat friend. There's no escape from those addictive plastic bricks! ;)
Your adorable tot sounds like he's very lucky to have such a thoughtful mama introducing him to all these wonderful Scandinavian treats! ;)

Your adorable tot sounds like he's very lucky to have such a thoughtful mama introducing him to all these wonderful Scandinavian treats! ;)
Haha, you're too kind. I just want the best for my child, exposing him to quality entertainment that educates and captivates! But to be honest, I'm glad things are working out because it's been quite the learning curve. Thanks for the lovely chat, mamas! Time flies when we're having fun!

Haha, you're too kind. I just want the best for my child, exposing him to quality entertainment that educates and captivates! But to be honest, I'm glad things are working out because it's been quite the learning curve. Thanks for the lovely chat, mamas! Time flies when we're having fun!
You too! Enjoy snuggling up with your little one and these adorable Scandinavian characters. Have a fantastic day ahead! 😊🧒👧

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu